Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > My Life Then and Now

A Time to Be Happy And A Time To Be Sad

by Blood-Skye 1 review

Things are starting to turn around when Kimmi gets some bad news. What is it and who is there to comfront her? Read and found out.

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Chuck Comeau - Published: 2007-01-24 - Updated: 2007-01-25 - 1724 words

0Unrated
The next day
Kimmi's P.O.V.

I was now at my mom's house. I still haven't meant my sister, Julie. I was unloading all my stuff into my new room. I grabbed a small box that was labeled "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL GRADUATION", it was written in my dad's handwriting. I sat the box down on the floor and I sat on my bed. There was a small knock on my door and I just waved them in. My door was open so I don't know why they knocked.
"Hey, are you okay?" the voice asked. I recognized the voice as David's.
"You know if her door is open you don't have to knock." Toni said as she walked in. I finally looked up at them and you could tell I was moments away from crying.
"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.
"David and I are here to cheer you up." Toni answered.
"Yeah, Toni is going to take you out with the other guy's sisters and us guys are going to unpack your stuff. So, go on. You need to get familiar with the town anyways." David added. I really didn't like the idea of six guys going through my stuff.
"I don't care if you guys unpack my stuff, but I do have a problem with the fact I won't be here to watch you do it." I said.
"Don't worry, my brother will watch over this idiot and the rest of them." Toni replied. She had her puppy dog eyes on.


"Fine." I said finally giving in. David and Toni both ran over and gave me a hug. David walked out of my room and returned a few moments later. Pierre walked in with paint, Seb had brushes, Jeff had posters, Pat had his camera, and Chuck had well, nothing.
"Okay, I am officially scared for my room." I laughed as they started to remove boxes.
"Guys, there is a slight problem." Chuck said.
"What?" they all asked at once.
"She's still here. This is supposed to be a surprise." he replied. Pierre picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. Little did he know that I knew how to get out of it. I wiggled my way out and he just stared at me in confusion.
"How did you do that?" he asked.
"My dad used to do that to me all the time. Eventually I learned how to get free." I said. Toni took my hand and ran me to the door. We walked out and got into her car and left to meet the other girls at the mall.

Chuck's P.O.V.

"Okay, now that she is gone, can we do this?" David asked. He seemed really happy that he had a younger sister.
"Yes, get everything out and then we can paint the room." I answered him. We started to take the boxes and stuff out of the room and placed them in the hallway. I bent down and picked up a small purple box that had "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL GRADUATION" written on it. It must be a graduation present from her dad. I placed the box in a safe location, David's room. Okay, not that safe, but David wasn't in there right now.
"Okay, everything is out and the plastic is laid down." Pat told me.
"Okay, get the paint ready." I told him in it-was-the-most-obvious-thing-to-do-tone-of-voice. He laughed at David, who had paint on his face.
"That pink looks really good on you." Pierre yelled.
"Okay, lets get down to business." I said.

Five hours later.

We had just put the last thing in place when we heard the front door open and a bunch of girls laughing.
"She's back." I whispered. We all went into our hiding places and David left to go get her and the girls.

David's P.O.V.

I ran downstairs and greeted Kimmi at the bottom of the stairs. She gave me a smile.
"About time you smiled. Come on." I said and grabbed her hand. I was pulling her upstairs and the other girls followed. When we reached her door, I covered her eyes.
"Okay, this is how it will go. If you like it, I did it. If you don't, the other guys did it." I told her and opened the door. I looked around quickly to make sure everything was the way it was supposed to be. It was.
"On the count of one...two...three." I said and removed my hands. She slowly opened her eyes and gasped.
"Oh...my...god." all the girls said at the same time. They all looked at each other and busted out laughing. One-by-one the guys came out of their hiding spots and Kimmi gave each of them a hug, but when Chuck and her hugged, you could tell something was going to happen between them. I hope she won't get hurt if something does happen. She has been hurt enough. Kimmi walked up to me and gave me the biggest smile I have ever seen.

Kimmi's P.O.V.

My room was the best ever. The walls were black with pink hearts painted on them. My desk was put in the brightest part of the room. My bed was under the window and the blankets matched my walls. There were posters up of Green Day, Blink-182, and others. My pictures I had were either hung up or on my desk or table. My electric guitar was near my bed and the amp was in the window. There was a jar of picks sitting next to my amp. My clothes were put in my dresser and hung up in my closet.
"Who did the top drawer?" I asked. Pierre started to blush.
"I did and I had fun." he said. I laughed.
"Do you play well?" Seb asked.
"What?" I asked him.
"Your guitar, do you play well?"
"Yeah, I guess. Getting lessons from Billie Joe helped." I laughed. All their mouths dropped, except Toni's that is.
"Then play us something." Jeff said plugging my guitar into my amp. I quickly tuned my guitar and started to play "Misery" by Green Day, but I quickly switched and now was playing "Minority" by them. Seb and Jeff were impressed, you could tell by the way their mouths were at the floor.

My mom walked in and I stopped playing.
"Someone is on the phone for you dear." she said to me. I took my guitar off and set it on my bed. I grabbed my phone they gave me off my desk and answered it.
"Hello." I heard someone say. They didn't sound familiar.
"Hello"
("Is this Kimmi Marcett?")
"Yes this is. Who may I ask is calling?"
("This is Megan from the hospital.")
"What? Is there something wrong?"
("Yes, I am afraid so. See...your dad...just...(deep breath) passed away." ) she said. I slammed the phone down and pulled out my pocket knife. I picked up my guitar and held the knife to the strings.
"Never again shall music be played on this guitar." I yelled and like that all the strings were broke. I grabbed my amp and jar of picks and placed them in the back of my closet. I also put my guitar back there too. They all watched me with fear. I noticed the purple box my dad left. I picked it up and closely examine the handwriting and then threw it. It just barely missed Seb's head. It was only inches away from hitting him.
"Damn it." I yelled and slid down the wall. I pulled my knees up to my face and buried my face in them. I felt someone sit next to me and start to rub my back. I slowly picked my head up and looked at a pair of brown eyes.
"What happened?" David asked still rubbing my back. I tried to speak, but the words wouldn't come out. They all got the hint. It became deathly silent. Great, deathly silent. It couldn't be just silent. You know where you can hear a noise here and there. No, it had to be so silent you could hear a pin dropped on a shag carpet. That is how silent it became.
"He's...gone. Just like that. Poof." I finally said. Now there was another pair of hands rubbing my back. But this time they belonged to Chuck and David had stood up. Chuck pulled me closer to him. I could smell his cologne. It wasn't too strong or too weak. He wrapped his arms around me and everyone started to leave. But I was to numb to move or say anything to stop them.

Chuck's P.O.V.

As I held her in my arms I noticed how delicate she had become in just a day. Yesterday she was joking with Pierre about me being uptight and laughing as Toni and I argued. Now she was sitting on her floor in my arms crying her poor eyes out. Those beautiful hazel eyes. Wait, this is no time to start liking her. She going through so much. She can't have a boyfriend too.
"Chuck." she sighed.
"What?"
"Why didn't you leave with everyone else?" she asked. I couldn't tell her because I wanted to be close to her and have a reason to hold her because then I would then have to tell her I was starting to like her. God, her hair smells so good. Knock it off.
"Because you looked like you needed someone here to hold you." I answered. It went silent again. My shirt was starting to get wet as she cried on it.

I heard the slow steady breaths coming from her. I knew she fell asleep. Poor thing, cried herself to sleep in my arms. I think I should put her in her bed. I picked her up and placed her under the covers. I was just about the leave when I felt something grab a hold of my wrist.
"Please don't go." she pleaded. She had these big bloodshot eyes staring at me. I couldn't help but see yes. I crawled under the blankets with her. I placed my arms around her once again and waited until she fell back asleep before I even thought of going to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story