Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > First Impressions and Famous Last Words

Dance, dance

by purpleladder 2 reviews

Jen and Pete go back to the scene of the crime...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-01-29 - Updated: 2007-01-29 - 1015 words

1Exciting
Yay! An update! Thanks for all the reviews, i really appreciate it :)
One leetle favour - could you rate me? (and keep commenting) - yes my fragile ego needs love :p

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The venue had changed yet again. This time it was filled with neon lights and a chalkboard above the bar happily exclaimed 'Sunday night is cocktail night'. To the side of the bar another blackboard listed numerous exotic and risqué sounding drinks. Pete loosened his grip on me and walked toward his waiting band mates. I hovered a little awkwardly while he greeted each one with a hug and a handshake in turn. Pete then turned back to me "Go and get me something exciting and get yourself something even better" he said. "Oh and tell James to put it on the tab" he winked.

As I moved toward the bar I suddenly panicked. It was stupid really but this could make or break the whole date. What if he didn't like it? Do I get something really naughty sounding? Or would that be considered too forward? I didn't have a clue.

I needn't have worried. The moment James (or the man behind the bar who I assumed to be James) saw me coming he leaped into action.

"I know just the thing" he shouted across to me. He danced from one end of the bar to another; grabbing this bottle then that; adding a dash of red, a measure of blue. I was mesmerized by the whole show.

Finally he produced two brightly coloured drinks; one purple; one red.

"For Pete: Love in the dark" he said placing a tall glass filled with the purple liquid on the counter.

"And for you: Killer instinct." He handed me a martini glass containing a red drink and topped with a black cherry.

"Have fun" he said with a smile before dancing over to another customer.


I sat down next to Pete and set down the drinks on the table in front of us. He was deep in conversation with Joe about something I couldn't quite figure out. I sat back and let the excited conversations wash over me; I was feeling tired and could have quite happily nodded off right there. I sipped my drink and watched Pete. He was obviously talking about something very important as he was getting more and more animated; waving his arms around and in danger of knocking something over. I thought about how my opinion of him had changed over the course of the evening. He seemed to be a many layers; 'like an onion' I thought and let out a small giggle.

"Care to let me in on the joke?" a voice said from the other side of me. I turned to face Patrick. I hadn't even realised he had moved to sit beside me.

"Oh nothing" I said, "just daydreaming."

"OK, cool" Patrick replied. "So Pete" he continued "he nearly kills you and you go on a date with him, unconventional."

"Yeah it is kinda odd when you put it that way." 'No small talk here then' I thought.

"Well it's my duty to do the best bud thing so you know be good to him OK? He's had a tough time of it recently. Damn, I've said too much..." Patrick blushed and trailed off.

"No it's ok, I get you. He's your mate you're looking out for him, it's cool." I smiled at Patrick. It was a bit heavy but Patrick seemed like an intense and loyal type of guy.

"Well I must go see, erm, Andy. Anyway I think you're wanted." Patrick nodded toward Pete who was indeed trying to get my attention.

"Don't worry about Patrick" Pete said into my ear. "The words don't always translate well from his brain to his mouth."

"I know the feeling" I giggled.

"Dance?" Pete held out his hand and bowed slightly. I giggled again (what was with that?) and took it as we moved onto the dance floor.

Dancing with Pete in the club reminded me of the events of the night before. (Even though the music was definitely different - 80s cheese as opposed to rock.) 'But it's OK' I thought 'I actually do know what I'm doing this time. We know each other better and I know I've remembered not that person anymore.'

I let all my negative thoughts float away and became lost in the music and Pete. We moved closer; our bodies not but so very nearly touching. I didn't know about him but it was electric. I smiled up at Pete and he smiled back, perfection.

This wasn't to last for much longer. We must have been dancing for ages because when I glanced at my watch it read 2.15. 'S**t, I've got be up 6 hours.'

"I'm having a great time but I really have to go" I shouted in Pete's ear.

"Oh, OK" he sounded a little put out. "I'll get the taxi back with you" he added.



We stood outside my door and looked at each other. There was a certain sense of unease in the air; it was odd. The taxi driver had given us a knowing look when he had pulled up but we had hardly spoken during the 15 minute journey. I was just too tired to make conversation and had had to stifle a yawn every two seconds.

"Well, erm, I would invite you in and stuff but I'm knackered and genuinely have to be up early. I really enjoyed myself though I had an ace time."

"Yeah me too" Pete looked at me in an odd way. There was no other way to describe it other than odd. "I'll call you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yup that'd be good. I've got lectures till 11 but after that go for it."

"Yeah, OK, good. So I'll see you" and with that Pete lunged forward and hugged me. Nothing more, nothing less, just a hug. He then scooted off down the corridor.

"Bye" I called after him. 'How weird' I thought 'definitely layers' but I was too tired to think about anything for long.
Sign up to rate and review this story