Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Happy Death Day

Chapter . 1

by xxAshers88 1 review

Everybody knows that feeling of pure fear. It starts in your stomach and shoots it?s ice cold sparks throughout your entire body. Fear struck me exactly like that.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-01-30 - Updated: 2007-01-31 - 1590 words

0Unrated
This is one of my older fics, I wrote it probably 2 years ago. This story is sort of twisted, or it will be at the end. I apologize ahead of time if anyone finds some things offensive, remember it's just a story. Pardon some of my grammar, like I said, it was written when I was about 16, not that much has changed now haha =)

*By the way, this is finished. I'll try to add all 22 chapters as fast as I can.


Enjoy!
--ash

Chapter 1

- Hailey's Point of View -


Everybody knows that feeling of pure fear. It starts in your stomach and shoots it's ice cold sparks throughout your entire body. Fear struck me exactly like that.
'Why would he do this to me?' I asked myself in deep thought. I sat there in our apartment, trembling with fear. Not fear of him, but fear of what has become of us. How could a good thing turn for the worst so sudden? Questions raced through my mind.
I stared blankly at a picture of an unknown pretty face that just happened to show up on my boyfriend's cell phone. Why he left his cell phone un attending like that, I'm not sure. She looked about my age, 25. Her natural red shoulder-length hair shaped her face perfectly. She looked nothing like me... Damn camera phones...well I can't blame it all on the phone...someone had to have taken it...

"Maybe it's just a picture of a friend." I told myself. Sure...that's exactly what Gerard would want me to think and that's probably the lame excuse he was going to use to cover up his tracks. Like most men do.
Right when life was going my way this happens to me. So much for an engagement and all the wedding plans. So much for all the "I love you"s, "You're the world to me", and all that shit guys tell you to lead you on.

I soon heard footsteps leading up to the door of our apartment that we shared together. I turned the cell phone off and laid it on the table where it was before I had encountered it.

"Hey babe." Gerard said cheerfully as he greeted me with a kiss like he always did when he returned home from Monster Comics. It was a little comic book store a couple blocks away from our apartment. He had been working there for a while now, plus trying to balance a career with his band.

"So how was everything today?" I asked as he walked into the kitchen. I reluctantly followed behind him.

"Fine." He replied, grabbing a soda from the fridge. He sat down at the kitchen table which sat in front of the picture window that overlooked the city on the 8th floor. There was a strange sense of silence between us. But isn't that how all breakups started? With silence...little words spoken to one another.
He glanced at his cell phone sitting in front of him. "Hmm how could I forget this?" He said in a low tone as he grabbed the phone and put it in his pocket. Why didn't I check his contact list?!

"Everything went well today?" He nodded. "That's good." There was a sudden loud knock at the door. Gerard jumped to answer it.

"Hey Mikey!" Gerard exclaimed swinging the door open as if he hadn't seen Mikey in years.

"Hey bro, are you ready for the show tonight?" Mikey asked, standing in the doorway, calm and respectful like always. I didn't remember hearing about any show and Gerard always told me about when and where their performances were going to take place...or he did.

"What show?" I butted in.

"Oh the one at the club down the street." Gerard hesitated quickly. I shot him my classic 'cocked eye brow' glances. "Remember? I've told you before. You must have forgot, it's at the Blue Club."

"I thought you said you would never play there because they treat certain rock bands like shit?" The confident look that he had on his face soon turned into panic.

"No..." Mikey kept looking back and forth between both of us. He was afraid to say anything.

"In that case count me in." I replied.

"Hailey, you really don't want to go. You know how you hate being around drunks and all that."

"Gerard, I've went to all your other performances and every one of them had people like that there not including yourself. What would make you think that this certain place would be any different?"

- Later -

Gerard seemed more tense than ever as we drove to the club. He gripped the steering wheel roughly. Maybe it would have been best for me to stay home. But why do that and let him have what he wants? It's about time I stood up for myself more often than what I did. It's not like Gerard does what he wants and runs over me all the time. I just wanted to know why he didn't want me coming to the club...well I didn't have to guess, I had a suspect in mind...

We came to a stop. I looked and noticed that there was a long line of traffic.

"Looks like a wreck...who knows how long we'll be here now..." Gerard sighed. He seemed so miserable...this didn't happen until he proposed to me...or maybe he pressured himself into wanting a commitment because of me...

/- Flash Back -/

"What am I going to do Gerard?" I screamed at him as he sat on the sofa, staring at the floor. I paced the floor in thought. "We can't just live on my income alone. You need to get another job."

"Hailey, I can't help I got fired from another job. It's not my fault..." He replied calmly, tension rising in his voice.

"I wish you could just stick with something and quit spending your time on that worthless band." I yelled back. "Your band is going nowhere, Gerard, stop wasting your time. You're 26, it's about time to settle down from all that."

"Settle down?" He repeated, questioningly.

"Yeah, what most guys your age do."

"I'm not like most guys."

"So I've noticed." I shot back, staring out the window to the busy city below me.

"Damn it Hailey. What do you want? Do you want me to be one of those guys who wears suits everyday, has a boring job that pays big bucks and comes home to a family that he doesn't see that often nor cares about?"

"I didn't mean it like that, Gerard."

"Well that's what it seems like you want. You want something better. Something that's not me." I turned to face him. I never met any of that although that's exactly what seemed to have came out of my mouth.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, sitting down next to him on the sofa. He didn't say anything. "I love you and I don't care what you decide to do..." He gave a half smile and put his arm around me and pulled me close.

- End Flash Back -


"Finally." Gerard said as the traffic let up. Again, very little words between us. We finally made our way to the club and found a parking spot.

"There you are!" Frank exclaimed excitedly with a drink in his hand. "What took you so long?" Gerard glanced at his watch.

"We still have an hour until we are on, what's the rush?" He replied coldly then walked on leaving me there with Frank.

"What's his problem?" Frank asked, a little confused at Gerard's tone. I shrugged and sat down at a small table next to me. The club was nice. I hadn't been to this one. I concentrated on the napkins set in the middle of the table. I must had been so lost in thought that I didn't notice Mikey sitting in front of me.

"Hey? Anyone home?" He asked sarcastically.

"Huh?"

"You looked lonely so I thought I would keep you company." He replied with a heart warming smile. "Well until we're on to play that is."

"Oh...thanks..." I sighed.

"How's everything going?"

"Good." I focused my attention away from the napkins to Mikey to looking out the huge window in front of the club. I watched as random people stood and walked by. Busy with their own lives. You could see the coldness of the air in their breaths as they exhaled, looking at this sent cold chills down my spine.
Mikey turned around in his seat to see what I was looking at. "Looks cold out there eh?"

"Very." I replied. He turned back around to face me and began talking about comic books and what not. I couldn't help but stare at the people standing out there. One person unparticular caught my eye. It wasn't long until I seen Gerard standing out there beside her. I wasn't sure it was him, because they had their backs turned and were gathered by other people. But I had a feeling so deep inside of me that it was.

"Hey have you ever read JtHM?" Mikey asked, apparently thinking I was listening. I got up from the table and stood, glaring at them. "Hailey, what are you looking at?"

"Oh nothing...um excuse me, I'm going to get a drink, okay?" I pardoned myself and instead of walking to the bar area for a drink, I walked past it to get a better glance at the window.


-------

Please Review! Thanks, --Ash
Sign up to rate and review this story