Categories > Original > Drama > When Music is Your Home

The Joy of Meeting New People

by laughlikeyoumeanit 0 reviews

This is the story of a girl (Ainslee) who is moving back to a town she lived in 4 years ago. Lots of old friends, new enemies, strange but attractive guys, music references, and the like. Please r...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-01-29 - Updated: 2007-01-30 - 661 words

0Unrated
I slammed the door of the cab shut and watched the driver as he sped off down the road, taking my only means of escape with him. Grabbing my bags, I turned slowly toward the house that lay in front of me. It was a welcoming brick split level with an attached two-car garage and four large windows on front. I noticed how well kept it looked as I struggled up the driveway, my suitcase digging into my side with every step I took. I knew the kids living here were college aged so it's not like I was expecting a welcoming committee, but the least they could do was help me with my bags. Feeling slightly neglected I continued to struggle toward the door, kind amazed by how nice everything looked. Except for a little peeling paint here and there and a few dandelions everything seemed very tidy and clean. The grass was freshly trimmed and there wasn't a rock out of place in the garden area.
A cool breeze started up, blowing a few strands of my long blonde hair into my face and raising goosebumps on my exposed midriff. I shivered, wishing I had an extra arm to pull my tank top down over my back. I was a few feet from the big, white door when it finally opened. Swallowing the temptation to reprimand them for taking so long, I raised my eyes to see who it was.
The two guys, who came through, slamming the glass door behind them, weren't who I was expecting to see. In fact, I'd never seen them before in my life. They got a few steps closer and I could see they were about my age, maybe a few years older. They were both skinny and pale with dark hair; one seemed about my height while the other was taller.
The shorter one spoke, "You Ainslee?" and I immediately noticed his thick eyebrows which hovered over his eyes giving him a mischievous look. I nodded, not quite meeting his eyes, focusing instead on his short, scruffy beard. It was the same dark brown color as his messy shoulder length hair.
He paused a few seconds, perhaps waiting to see if I'd say anything. When I didn't, he continued.
"Kay, well I'm Frank Griffin, but call me Frankie and this," he said motioning to the taller guy, "is Maverick Stone."
"Hi, nice to meet you," I replied looking over at Maverick, semi relieved to see the dark sunglasses perched on his long, straight nose covered his eyes. His longish dark brown hair was all ruffled on the top of his head and had no real part, so it fell across his forehead into his face.
"Hi." he said, his voice soft.
I looked back to Frankie only to see he had his hand out as if waiting for me to shake it. Upon seeing this, Maverick gave a small cough and I raised my eyebrows. He stood there a moment longer before realization dawned on his face.
"Sorry," he said with a laugh, "let me and Mavy help you with those."
I smiled and stepped forward offering them my bags. I wasn't at all surprised when Frankie grabbed the two smaller bags, leaving Maverick to struggle with the bigger one. As he reached forward I looked up at him apologetically, but he only shrugged his shoulders, his face just shy of a smile. After the bag was situated in his arms, I stepped back to pull my tank top farther down and hike up my loose sweatpants which were barely clinging to my slender waist. After saving the world from a view of my polka dot underwear, I followed them to the door and then inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope it didn't suck too much. Sorry it was so short. I'm planning on adding another chapter tonight...all I have to do is write it first!
I have the new chapter halfway finished. YAY!!!!!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story