Categories > Original > Drama > When Music is Your Home

Skinny Jeans and Old Friends

by laughlikeyoumeanit 0 reviews

This chapter is actually shorter than the first one, so sorry.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-01-31 - Updated: 2008-10-17 - 533 words

0Unrated
The minute I stepped through the door I was surprised. The entryway actually looked, dare I say it, elegant. It had a clean, white tiled floor and a small gold chandelier hung over head. In front of me there were two small staircases, covered in pink carpet. (I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that the carpet was pink.) I glanced at the staircase leading to the basement just in time to see Maverick's skinny jean clad butt disappear around the corner.

"I think he's wearing tighter pants than I am," I thought to myself with a smile. Not that I was complaining, though, I mean he did have a rather nice looking butt.

I paused a moment in the entryway, reflecting on the two guys I'd just met. Frankie seemed, um, interesting. Yeah, interesting was a good word, let's just say I could tell he was going to be a handful. Maverick, on the other hand, seemed completely the opposite. Not to say that he was boring, because he definitely intrigued me, he just seemed very reserved, way more collected than Frankie.

"And they're both lovely," I thought, before rolling my eyes at how stupid I was. It's not like they were even going to notice someone like me, I was invisible. It seemed like the moment someone stopped needing me I ceased to exist.

The door opened behind me, startling me out of my ponderings and I spun around to see who it was. A curvy girl, a few inches shorter than me slipped through the door, closing it behind her.

"Guys I'm home," She called pushing her long red hair out of her face, "is Ainslee here yet?"

I coughed, drawing her attention to me. She looked over and I saw her confusion switch immediately to excitement.

"I almost didn't recognize you." She exclaimed running over to give me a hug.

"Hi, Kaye." I smiled and let her hug me even though it made me slightly uncomfortable. The only people I let hug me were my family and a few really close friends. She pulled away to get a better look at me.

"God, it's great to see you. What's it been, like four years?"

"Yeah." I nodded, not really believing it had been that long myself.

"Well, come on we can't stand here forever." I followed her up the stairs and to the left into a large living room that was covered in the same pink carpet as the stairs.

"I just love your carpet." I exclaimed every word dripping sarcasm, which by the way is one of my favorite things.

"I know isn't it great? No, but seriously this house was decorated in, like, the 70's and I'm assuming the lady who lived here was in love with pink, or something cause it's everywhere." She said rolling her eyes.

I laughed. "Why didn't you just change the carpet?" I asked.

"Cause we're starving artists, well kind of. A musician is an artist, right?"

"Yeah, I guess so." I agreed; I'd forgotten she was in a band. Oops, so much for listening to their music before I came.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm going to try and finish the next chapter tonight!!!!!!!!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story