Categories > Original > Drama > When Music is Your Home

The Infamous Devin

by laughlikeyoumeanit 2 reviews

I hope you like it!!!!!!!! If anyone actually reads it that is.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-02 - Updated: 2007-02-03 - 629 words

0Unrated
"So how's the band doing anyways?" I asked sitting on the edge of a big black couch. She sat by me and looked me straight in the eyes; I hate it when people do that.

"You never listened to the CD I sent you, did you?"

I blushed, a little, and looked down, "Well you see, um, I sort of lost it, right after you sent it."

"Relax; when Devin gets here we'll give you a live show."

"Cool." I said relaxing, "so who's Devin?"

"Wow, you're really behind here."

"Well I've kinda been out of the loop for like four years."

"I guess, so let's get you caught up. I assume you've already met Mavy and Frankie." I nodded.

"Hey, don't tell her lies about us," complained Frankie's voice from the stairs.

"I haven't even said anything about you, idiot, I'm trying to tell her who Devin is."
"Sure." He said practically skipping into the room. I wondered where Maverick was, but being me didn't ask. He flopped down beside me, bumping my elbow in the process. I tensed up a little and crossed my arms, a little annoyed at his closeness. Let's just say I'm not big on physical contact unless I really know and trust the person. Kaye seeming to sense this discomfort scooted over on the couch giving me some room to breathe. I smiled and moved over leaving Frankie looking slightly confused.

"What, do I smell or something?" He said lifting up his arm and sniffing. I couldn't hold back my laugh.

"Probably, but Ainslee just has personal space problems." Kaye said with a laugh.

"Oh, really." Replied Frankie with an evil grin I didn't like the look of.

"I'd be careful, she'll kick your ass if you piss her off."

He looked at me , with raised eyebrows. I only nodded knowing it was a total lie, I'd never been in a single fight in my life. Before the conversation could go any farther, however, the door opened and in walked who I assumed was Devin.
"Where is every one?" called a male voice from the doorway.

"Except for Maverick we're all up here," called Kaye. Being the overly observant person I was, I noticed her sit up just a slight bit straighter and start fidgeting with her fingers. I wondered why she was nervous, but decided to store the information away for a later time when I could think about it. We heard footsteps on the stairs, and I turned my head, curious to see what the infamous Devin looked like.

I'll admit I was a little surprised at first, he just wasn't what I was expecting. He was about my height (not that I'm very good at guessing people's heights, oh and maybe I should tell you I'm about 5'9") with a muscular build and a round face. His short hair was the same pale ginger color as his short beard. He looked nice and not at all like the scary, intimidating person I thought he'd be.

"Hi" he said looking at me in confusion, as he came and sat in a near by chair.

"This is Ainslee." Kaye explained gesturing to me.

"Oh, your staying in my old room, right?" He asked causing the light to glint off his lip ring.

"I guess so." I said shrugging my shoulders, this was news to me.

"So, where's Mavy?" he asked turning to Frankie and Kaye.

"Probably in the lair, wondering where the hell we are," Replied Frankie standing up, "lets go before he throws a tantrum."

"What's the lair?" I asked totally confused and just a slight bit frightened.

Kaye laughed, "It's where the band practices downstairs."

Oh was all I could say, as I followed them down the stairs into the "lair."
Sign up to rate and review this story