Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If Only With Luck Came Love

Chapter 4

by killmyending 0 reviews

.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-01-31 - Updated: 2007-02-01 - 690 words

0Unrated
Why had she done that? She asked herself. Why on earth had she gone and dragged him into her house? He could lose it. He could bite her. Is that what she really wanted? No. She decided it wasn't. But telling herself that didn't make her anymore certain about her motives. She wasn't certain about his motives but at least she should be able to be certain of her own. But she wasn't.

Sam noticed a cut on his forehead, partly hidden behind his hair. Sam had always been under the impression that vampires could heal themselves. This cut wasn't healed. Not even close to being so.

Without thinking - Sam never seemed to think things through anymore - she walked forward and brushed his hair away so she could inspect the wound.

He flinched slightly at her touch. His expression showed surprise. Surprised that she would get this close. Surprised even that she would touch him.

Her brow furrowed as she ran her fingers lightly across the cut.

"Where did this come from?"

She now seemed to have taken control of this entire situation. Taken the more superior role. Erased any fears and doubts that she may have had, or at least hidden them so that they did not show.

"No where. It's nothing." He said.

Outsiders should never know.

He hadn't moved away from her touch yet. He should've but it'd been so long since he'd had such contact. He revelled in her touch, her hand resting on the side of his face.

"It looks like it hurt." She said softly. She wondered if he even felt it when it happened.

He shook his head and finally she dropped her hand back down to her side.

Truthfully, it had hurt. The person who did it had intended it to hurt. They'd intended to make him suffer through their torture and only this one cut was a visible reminder. There were many more.

Sam walked into her darkened lounge room and sat cross-legged on the sofa. She looked back at him, maybe even challenging him to follow, to take a seat.

He looked at her. Not moving but surprised by her relaxed demeanor. Did she feel comfortable enough around him, a vampire - one who had attacked her, nonetheless - to actually lower her guard? To.... trust him?

"You know, it's alright. You can sit down somewhere. I won't bite." Sam smiled sardonically.

/I might though/, he thought.

Despite his better judgement he went and took a seat on the sofa directly opposite her. He leant forward, leaning his elbows on his knees and clasping his hands.

"Is this what you want? A vampire in your house? Unpredictablility?" He asked with slightly raised eyebrows. He wanted to know, he wanted to push her to the point when she wouldn't feel so trusting of him. Because she shouldn't.

She was silent. Maybe that was what she wanted.

"No." She said. Then she shook her head, "I don't know."

He sighed, moving so that he could kneel in front of her. He took her hands in his, flinching as he did so, thinking she would shrug away. She didn't.

"You need to know what you want." He said. "I made a mistake the other night of attacking you and once again, this morning by being outside your house." He paused for a moment, hoping maybe she'd say something. She was still silent. "Now you need to decide whether letting me into your house was a mistake or not. I don't want to do anything I'd regret, nor do I want you to."

"I don't know you." She started, her hands were still cradled in his. "I don't know why you attacked me the other night and I don't know why you were here this morning so while you're here in my house I'd like you to tell me why. Enlighten me."

"Fine." He stood up. "That's completely fair."

Now he was pacing the lounge room. Sam was still seated on the sofa, waiting for him to explain himself. She needed to know and now seemed like the perfect opportunity to find out.

"I'll tell you.."
Sign up to rate and review this story