Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > The First Breakfast

And The Impending Hangover!

by annadb8goddess 0 reviews

Roy is furor. He's engaged to Kate and Riza gets drunk. Fun, happiness and a hangover ensue.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Characters: Cain Fury, Jean Havoc, Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang - Published: 2007-02-05 - Updated: 2007-02-06 - 3017 words

0Unrated
Note: I own Nothing FMA! Especially not the characters!
IN FACT the gnomes in my brain thought this would be a good idea and demanded that I write it! see?!



Mustang awoke to a slight weight on his chest and something supporting his neck and head. That wasn't too unusual for the playboy but for the late it was.

His head was in the crook of her neck. He couldn't see her face so he couldn't tell you who it was. No matter, scientifically, scent was the closest thing tied to memory. He smelled the skin of the woman on top of him. Roses and fruit with the taint of sweat and ... was that stale booze?

Last night suddenly came back to him. Unfortunately so did the identity of the woman of who was currently sleeping on his chest. He started slightly; He was suddenly very worried that he might have taken advantage of her last night but soon remembered that he hadn't done anything but watch her sleep.

He took a deep sigh as the realization hit him. He had awoken not knowing the identity of a few other girls and when he couldn't quite remember what he'd done the night before. Of course he hadn't been to worried about them, none of them had been drunk when he had taken them to his house. He was a player; he got women off of his charm, not because their judgment was faulty.

He carefully moved her to lay her side on the bed and her head on his chest. He realized that with the vantage point, how low her shirt was and how the shirt fell on her that he could see the off white bra she had on. He smirked as he covered her with the blanket. He knew she wouldn't appreciate being seen like that.
He could recollect At least a hundred times where that had a happened with other women (Kate was included) where he had simply enjoyed the view. Riza Hawkeye was different. He respected her too much. He also knew that she was probably the only one who had the balls to tell him that he was being a perverted old bastard. Noticing a group of strands that had been out of place. He pushed them back behind her ear. She stirred and started at his touch. He quickly drew his hand back, suddenly embarrassed.

"Good morning," He said softly.

Hawkeye hesitantly opened her eyes at his greeting and was confused. That was Mustang right? Why the hell was he in a bed with her? Why didn't he have a shirt? Why the hell was she laying on his chest?

An alarm went off in her brain pushing those thoughts to the back burner.

"I feel like I'm going to be sick," she told him.

"Sit up," he sighed leaning down and grabbing a sick bucket and a rag. Riza did as she was told and reached the bucket in time to throw the remains of the alcohol into it. As she had slept her hair had gotten out of its clip so Roy held it for her. The quickly sobering part of her was embarrassed to death. Here she was with a hangover, in the playboy furor's bed, with no idea what she had said or did since the last time she was just barely sober, throwing up while he held her hair.

She started to dry heave, which even stained her pride more. She could've just died right there. She swallowed them until they eventually stopped. She closed her eyes at the headache she had. Never before had she felt so miserable.

Mustang handed her a rag and she wiped her face with it.
"Do you feel better?" he asked, Riza knew that line too well, just usually it was the other way around.

"No," she answered putting her forehead in her hand and her elbow on her knee.

"That usually happens when you out drink Havoc, Breeda and Falman," He told her grabbing the bucket to dispose of its contents in the bathroom.

Hawkeye fell back moaning softly in her misery. Why had she done this to herself? She had never gotten black out drunk before. Did she really drink the drinking champs under the table? And what was she doing in what she assumed was Roy Mustang's bedroom? What had she done?

A Memory came back. So did the reason why she'd been black out drunk and could barely move with out hurting. The reason every time she got sober enough to remember she'd began drinking again. She and Mustang hadn't done anything in that bed but sleep in it at the same time. He wouldn't allow it. He was getting married. He'd already found the woman he loved.

A stake pierced her heart; a knife dipped with snake venom slit her wrists. She wanted to die or forget. She wanted another drink. She wanted to stay in the ignorant bliss it gave her. If it killed her, so be it.

She felt tears rushing to her eyes but she blinked them away. He couldn't know the reason she'd done this. If he knew it would change the whole dynamics of their relationship for the worse. She put her face in the down pillow griping it the to her face. Everything was too loud, to intense for her fragile head right now.

That was when she noticed her clothes. She'd never seen them before. So that meant that he had given her clothes and probably seen her down to her underclothes. Perfect, she probably couldn't have done anything last night that could worsen her self-respect except what he wouldn't let her do.

She heard Mustangs heavy footfalls come closer to her.
"I thought you'd appreciate some aspirin."

She looked up from the pillow. He held a glass of water and two small white circular pills. Sitting up she took the pills from him and the water and swallowed them both greedily. Her mouth was dry as mummy dust; the cool liquid felt good going down her throat. When she was done she gave the glass back to Mustang, who had sat next to her on the bed.

"How long were you at that bar Hawkeye?" He asked,

She looked away hoping he didn't see the shame in her eyes. She didn't want to tell him.

"Does it really matter?" She said softly, hugging herself.

"It does to me," he told her. He was trying to get her to look at him but she wasn't able to. Her next answer shamed her too much.

"Two days," she mumbled. She felt Mustangs Eyebrows raise and a glare drill into the top of her head.

"You were out for five, were you drinking then too?"

"Yes," she gritted shamefully. Her head hurt, her muscles hurt, and she was generally miserable. Having to tell the man she loved that she'd been dead drunk for almost a week hurt her self esteem and gave a dangerously fatal blow to what little ego she had left.

"Did you get kicked out of another before going into the one last night?"

"No."

"Then why'd you go to that one?"

Hawkeye closed her eyes. She still couldn't face him when she answered, "I ran out of whisky at home."

Silence followed her statement. He was looking down upon her now. She knew she'd never really done that after some of his binges. Of course his always had a good reason and his had always just lasted a night, hers had lasted almost a week. His had been justified hers wasn't. She knew what the next words out of his mouth would be.

"Riza, do you have a drinking problem?"

She almost broke down then and there. If he'd known how she felt about him he wouldn't have said that. He'd have known why she'd done what she had and probably rescued her sooner.

"No Roy," he made it clear that they were speaking as friends not formal, "I don't have a drinking problem."

More silence. She knew he was expecting some sort of explanation for her actions. She wouldn't lie to him nor could she tell him the truth, So she just stared at the quilt. She knew he was angry with her, no angry wasn't the word. He was probably furious with her, which didn't help her self-esteem.

She felt him get off the bed.

"I'll get you something to eat. Cover yourself, It doesn't suit you," he told her before leaving the room pulling the door too. She heard the anger and irritation in his voice. He might as well have told her what he meant. 'Get some damn decency you drunk slut.' If that hadn't been what he meant, it was what she felt that he should've.

Hawkeye couldn't hold it in anymore the tears spilled. She put her face into the crook of her arms as she lay on her stomach and let them fall.

She never should've let her delusions get farther than a friendship with him. Hawkeye knew what kind of man he was yet she had wanted him anyway. She'd watched him change from the carefree, hopeful player, to a depressed serious man with his ladies on the side after Hughes was murdered, the final change before he came full circle with a little more seriousness added. She'd stayed by his side through his bad times and his good, showing loyalty beyond a soldier's requirement, beyond a friend. She'd shown the loyalty of a partner, a spouse. She had never wavered in anything he'd ever asked of her (except in his uniformed mini skirt. She'd slapped him and told him to go to hell). Even so he never acknowledged her as such.

Some where in her thinking and crying she fell asleep again, A door slamming and a woman yelling awoke her. Hawkeye wanted to shoot the woman because she was making her headache worse but realized that she must be the future Mrs. Mustang. That made her want to shoot her more.


"Where is she Roy?" She shrieked at Mustang.

"What the hell are you talking about Kate?" he yelled back.

"You know exactly who I'm talking about!"

She was talking about Hawkeye. She must have found out that he had taken her here to sleep off her drunkenness.

A moment of evilness fell over her as she realized that she could walk out there and then 'Kate' would think that Roy was unfaithful and the wedding would be off. She also knew that that was a poor way to thank Mustang for all he'd done for her last night.

Hawkeye glanced around the room for a place to hide. Under the bed or in the closet was out. Every woman knew that was the first place you looked for a slut in your man's bed. No she had to get more creative.

In the corner was a huge pile of laundry. They looked dirty and Riza really didn't want to get to intimate with Roy's discarded clothes but she had no other choice.

Her head pounded as she got up and slowly went to the pile of clothes. She dug a small cubby in the mountain near the corner and covered herself with the clothes that surprisingly smelled clean.
She listened and stayed still. She heard foot falls. One a woman's heel and another had to be Roy's bare feet.

"Roy Mustang get out of my way or so help me!" She yelled at him. They were outside the door.

"I thought we had agreed not until the honeymoon Kate," He was trying to talk his way out of it. So neither of them where going to get any till their honeymoon, No wonder Kate was worried about losing him.

"Believe me that is the last thing I want right now Roy." Though she didn't sound convincing as she pushed her way through. Hawkeye made her breath shallow and breathed in though her mouth to limit the noise and movement she made.


Mustang had held his breath. She'd find Riza; She'd slap him then go try to kick Hawkeye's ass. His money was on Hawkeye. He was pretty sure that even in her impaired condition she could still win.

But none of that happened. Kate went over to his bed and pulled back the quilt. Then she worked to under the bed and in the closet. Roy tried not to act surprised or worse disappointed.

"Satisfied?" he asked her, acting quite betrayed, "no girls."

She sighed. "Your right. I'm sorry, I should trust you," Kate was coming close and hooked her arms around his neck. Where Riza's graceful ones had been earlier this morning.

She kissed him probably as an apology. He didn't kiss back as he normally would have. Not like if he'd been kissing the woman he'd spent the night with last night.

"What's a matter babe?" She said kissing him again, "why won't you kiss me?"

"Why don't you trust me?" he asked her, pulling back.

"Babe, it's just your history, it suggests..." she trailed.

"This isn't working, Kate," He whispered.

"Wh-what do you mean?" She asked.

"You don't trust me. You come here every morning-"

"No I don't I-"

"We can't agree on anything, you interrupt me, You don't listen to
me, and I just can't do this," he told her.

"We can make it work Roy," Kate said her eyes should be starting to fill with tears but they weren't.

"No Kate we can't," Roy said, "I don't love you anymore."

"No don't say that."

"Kate, you don't love me either, please don't act like you do."

"What? Roy I-"

"No, you don't. You enjoy the thought of marrying power because it acts like it wants you but you want someone else," He leaned close to her ear and whispered, "I think his name is colonel Jean
Havoc."

She was taken back, "how?"

"I heard you gasped 'Havoc,' last time," he whispered again.

She blinked like a deer caught in front of the headlights.

"go home, call him up. Tell him it's over between us. Give him a sob story about you'd found me with another woman. He loves that shit."

"Who?"

Roy smirked, "if I told you her name she'd kill me."

"She won't know," she was trying to get his crushes name out.

"Oh yes she will." He led her out to the front door. When he saw her out he came back into the bedroom.

"You can come out now Hawkeye, unless you still won't look me in the eye."

Riza still wasn't sure if what she heard was true or a hallucination from the suddenness of being cut off. She stood up letting the clothes fall off of her back from where she had crouched.

Mustang raised his eyebrows, "that was ingenious, I would have hid you under the bed or in the closet, Riza."

"I always won games of hide-and-seek." She said still ashamed of her drinking binge that now seemed for nothing. She hugged her self again feeling very self-conscious. "So that was her?"

"Yeah," he sighed, "that was Kate, my ex-fiancée,"

She paused before speaking. Her hangover was still there but a lot better from sleeping some more.

"It wasn't my fault was it?" she looked down at the floor but not before Roy seen the shame and guilt in her eyes.

Acting on impulse, he came closer. Much closer than would be appropriate for superior and subordinate, or between friends. He approached her like the partner she had always acted like. Like she had always been. He'd just been too blind to see it.

"Yes, Riza," He told her taking her chin and tilting it up to face him, "it's your fault I seen that marrying her would have been the biggest mistake I could have ever made."

Hawkeye was confused. "What?"

"Had you not gotten drunk, I wouldn't have taken you here. You wouldn't have slept in my bed. I would have gone through with the wedding and been miserable for the rest of my life."

"Why would me sleeping in your bed impact your decision?" she was starting to talk like Hawkeye again.

"I wouldn't have realized that I love you and not her," he said lovingly.

"Oh," Then she comprehended what he said, "what?"

"I love you, Riza Hawkeye." He leaned in and kissed her sweetly, "do you love me?"

it took her a minute. "Oh god Roy," She sighed, "more than you'll ever know."

He smiled warmly and kissed her again. She participated in it this time. He pulled back.

"So why were you in that bar?"

Riza felt her cheeks go pink. "Oh, I, um..."

Realization hit Roy.

"I was the man." He whispered, "wasn't I?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Last night you said something about a man who didn't love you back..." He chuckled as he remembered what she had said when she first told him, what she would do if he asked her to marry him.

"I did? Why are you laughing?" She asked suddenly getting very worried she let something slip last night that she shouldn't of.

"Oh it's nothing," he told her putting his hand around her waist and leading her down the hallway.

"It's about what I said isn't it? Tell me," she demanded.

His grin became broader.
"It doesn't have any relevance yet. When it does I promise I'll tell you, but until then why don't we go have something to eat."

Riza figured that he'd promised to tell her that he would eventually so she sat down and ate with him. The first breakfasts of many.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
THE END TO MY FIRST MULTI CHAPTER FANFIC! At least that was published for people to read. I've got a long ass one that I've been toying around with for over a year now so i may post that one but as totally different fics. Also I've been playing with another RoyxXxRiza pairing. It's more like smut though. OH Well!

Love,
AnnaDB8Godess
Sign up to rate and review this story