Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Silver and Cold

Just Like Him

by Cerediwen 4 reviews

Frank begins to lose his sanity and there's more to Penny than meets the eye.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Published: 2007-02-06 - Updated: 2007-02-06 - 805 words

0Unrated
Chapter 34
Just Like Him

Mikey stood by the window, staring out past the bars into the windswept city. His forehead was pressed against the frozen glass as he watched the Sun go down behind the steep sides of the valley they were trapped in. A sigh escaped his lips and it was so horrifically heartfelt that the only other person in the room who'd happened to have been stacking up cards in the corner looked up at the bassist and slowly got to his feet, the cards falling to the floor with a whisper like crash. He walked over to the bassist, carefully picking his way through shattered plates and old board games and the shards of a glass that had become the object of his own wrath earlier in the day.
"Mikey?" He asked quietly, putting a hand on the bassist's shoulder. "He'll come back, I promise."
Mikey turned around slowly, looking down at the cream carpet instead of at Frank who stood infront of him. "But what if he doesn't?" The bassist asked desperately "What if she's bloody murdered him?!" He almost yelled. There was a sickening crack as seconds later Frank's fist collided with Mikey's nose, blood beginning to pour as Frank took a step back and lowered his fist.
"Don't you dare." He growled "Just shut up!" He snarled "Okay? I don't wanna know, just shut your mouth!"
Mikey blinked as his hand went up to his nose and came away red with blood as if he couldn't quite believe the plucky little guitarist had just hit him. "Frank...I..." He trailed off still in shock - Frank had never hit any of them before well except for once when he'd just lost it with a completely wasted Gerard.
The guitarist closed his eyes and slumped down against the wall, looking back towards the door and away from Mikey, not looking at his hand which was covered in the bassist's blood. "Leave it." He muttered "I'm sorry...I just...I just lost it."
Mikey nodded and crouched down infront of him "Frankie?" He asked quietly "I was stupid...it was my fault Gerard promised he'd always come back."
Frank nodded and as he did the first tear began to wind its way down his pale cheek. Mikey bit his lip as the tears carried on flowing; he still couldn't help but reel whenever he saw Frank cry - in fact when he saw any of the others cry they were just too larger than life to cry when they were plunged into difficult times. The rest of the band seemed to rise above it by becoming almost superhuman and detaching themselves from any emotions they might be going through and so it was terrifying when one of them cried. Nearly hesitantly Mikey leant over and wrapped his arms around Frank as the guitarist just let the tears fall. "He's gonna come back." Frank decided a couple of seconds later, lifting his head and wiping the tears from his cheeks. "I know he will." He sniffed "We know he will."

~~~~~~~*~
Gerard woke up before most of the city the next morning, the night as horribly clear as a snapshot in his mind. He closed his eyes as he felt Melaina stir in arms, her skin brushing against his. Shivering he cautiously crawled from under the sheets, grabbing his clothes from where they lay on the floor and dressing as quickly as he could and without looking back at her slipped out through the door into the corridor of the silent, sleeping palace. Fastening his hoodie up as he walked he knocked softly on the door of the girl who'd brought them to their room in the first place. It took her a while to get up and in that time he was getting more and more edgy, he knew if Melaina caught him he was in neck deep shit.
Penny yawned as she open the door, almost stepped backwards in the shock as she saw him. "How the hell...?" She started, taking in the fact he'd obviously dressed in a hurry and that his long hair had fallen in an untidy mess over most of his pale face.
"Penny I need the keys." He told her quickly. "Please, I know you didn't come and get me yesterday for a reason just like I knew it was you who sent Kaela to see me...please just give me the keys."
Penny bit her lip, her blue eyes travelling down to the carpet as she sighed and then disappeared into the little room she owned. "You owe me." She whispered as she pressed the keys into his hand "Get out; they'll get you all through the gates as well." She smiled sadly at him "Oh and Gerard...rest in peace." She murmured to his retreating form.

~~~~~~~~~*~
Sign up to rate and review this story