Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Silver and Cold

Of Blue And Grey

by Cerediwen 3 reviews

A chapter about Bob!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Bob Bryar - Published: 2007-02-07 - Updated: 2007-02-07 - 962 words

0Unrated
A/N: First I have to say sorry that last chapter was short but it was my mom's birthday yesterday so I didn't have much time. And awww!! Bobsy chapter coming up (and you thought he was dead) grins Anyway...on we go...

Chapter 35

Penny Langman wasn't particularly tall or good looking, her ash blonde hair was always cut out of fashion and her dark clothes set her aside as a misfit the moment she'd walked into her high school gates. She sighed as she lounged in the shade of one of the tall trees that bordered the iron railings around the school, the blistering summer heat rising in hazy waves up off the baking concrete. She sighed as she sat and listened to her walkman, the track changing from one to the next without her really paying much attention. The bell had probably gone ages ago and from the lack of the normal Barbies who normally would be cooking themselves to get a tan she guess it actually had. She breathed in the Sun drenched air and leant her head back against the tree, watching the traffic as it whizzed past the school - she could miss the lesson it was only math and it wasn't like anyone would miss her. Lost in her thoughts she slowly began to drift off to sleep as music still blared in her ears...
"Pen?" Penny stirred slightly as she was roughly shaken awake by someone, the same someone pulling the headphones out of her ears as he did so. "Penna wake up it's the bloody end of school where the hell have you been?"
Penny screwed her eyes up and then opened them, blinking momentarily in the blinding sunlight. "Bob..." She started sleepily, rubbing a hand across her eyes.
"Duh." He replied, his Chicago accent bringing her back to the land of the living "No, the chav king, who the hell did you think?"
"Nice Bobsy..." She sighed, yawning slightly as she looked up at him, same close cropped blonde hair, and same blue eyes with their sarcastic glint. "What did you say first again?" She muttered.
He rolled his eyes, deciding to let her off with the nickname for once "That it's like the end of the bloody day and you've missed two lessons. Miss Ferry blew her fucking top."
Penny gulped "Crap." She muttered, holding her hand out for her walkman, but she got that and her school bag as well.
"I figured you wouldn't want to go back in." Bob told her gruffly, standing up from where he'd been kneeling on the floor next to her.
"Did I ever tell you how much I love you Bob Bryar?" She asked him with a smirk.
He raised an eyebrow "Yeah...I think the fact that you owe me big time will kind of do for now...oh and just to warn you I told all the teachers you were at the docs kay?"
She smiled and nodded, picking herself off the grass with another yawn and shouldering her messenger bag. "Thanks Bob." She grinned "You wanna come back to mine? Mom says she doesn't mind you practising..."
Bob smiled gratefully at her "Thanks Pen," He nodded "You don't know how much I owe you."
She shrugged "What, you're miles better at drums than me anyway, just crap your dad won't let you have a full kit." She told him as they walked out of the shade into the baking heat. Penny closed her eyes for a minute as she was hit full on by it and then taking a deep breath feel back into step with her friend.
Bob looked back at her for a minute as she got used to the heat and then smiled "Come on," He laughed "Get your ass out into the Sun...honestly and you think it's weird they call you a vampire."
She shot him a glare "You know how hot it gets when you're wearing all black?"
Bob just grinned at her "Well, your loss." He smiled, standing there in his jeans and blue t-shirt, a bead of sweat making its way down his face.
She just stuck her tongue out as they started off through the school gates, ignoring the jeers that were being thrown their way from numerous chav like people. Penny shook her head and moved closer to Bob, she'd got beaten up countless times before she'd met him and then he had taught them not to mess with them and that was that - not more chavs.
He just beamed down at her, winking slightly as they walked past a gang giving them death glares but no more, there'd only been one gang stupid enough to try and pick on the misfits after the first time and one of them had spent the next week in hospital. She laughed softly to herself as they carried on unhindered down the street, turning the corner to the long road Penny lived on. Seconds later there was the tell tale tune of an ice cream van and she was suddenly very glad she'd remembered her purse for once. "You want anything?" She asked Bob as she walked up to where the van was waiting. He shook his head "I'll live." He replied.
She shrugged "If you want." And brought herself a cornet, the ice cream starting to run almost as soon as she'd got it.
He laughed as half of the stuff went around her mouth and she punched him playfully "Shut up." She grinned as she bit into the wafer. Bob just grinned and put an arm around her "You know Pen, I don't know what I'd do without you." He beamed as both of them started laughing once more, just happy to be friends.

~~~~~~~~~
Sign up to rate and review this story