Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Dark Child

We learn as we live

by henriette 4 reviews

Voldemort goes to the Potters to steal their child away from the light. He had a vision about this child, he shall raise him to become the Child of Darkness.Harry lives with Voldemort knowing him a...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Harry, Tom Riddle, Voldemort - Published: 2007-02-07 - Updated: 2007-02-07 - 1681 words

0Exciting
Dark Child

Disclaimer: I don't own a thing, not Harry Potter or any other characters, so there is absolutely no reason to sue me! Just thought I should make that clear.

And why don't you join me in applause for my wonderful beta fro this chapter, Chibi Tenshi.

(A/N: For those who don't know, Malignitas is Harry Potter).


Chapter 2: We learn as we live.

Seven years later.

Malignitas was sitting by his father at the dining table, an old oak table that could take 40 people. This was the table his father and his inner circle used when they dined together. Malignitas was now eight years old. His black hair cascaded down to his shoulders. Thick black hair brushed lightly against thin shoulders. His height was average, but his body shape was far from it. He had three hours worth of combat lessons with hand, sword and dagger every day. These had given him a body a bit out of place on an 8 year old; strong firm arms with noticeable biceps, a flat hard stomach, thin but strong shoulders and strong long legs. His father had said that he needed to build up his body because the stronger the body you have, the more power you can hold.

He had learnt to control his magic; his father had taught him himself. Voldemort was a great wizard and Malignitas's goal in life was to become twice as powerful. He was already 1/6 of the way there at the age of 6. He could do lots of things a wizard in his thirties would have difficulties doing. He just learned to Apparate, and summoned his food to himself he mastered at the age of 4. If he were to take the O.W.L's now, he would probably score 'O's for all of them. His father had given him a potion so he could get all the powers he would later in life possess. It was a very old and difficult potion, and it had taken his father half a year to finish it. It was hard at first for Malignitas to control all these powers since he was such a small child, but his father gave him another potion for that too. This potion helped by releasing his powers in stages and letting him adjust to the power surge more quickly, thus allowing him more control over them. Malignitas gained more and more of his powers everyday, and the training helped too.

His father's most faithful followers taught all his other lessons. Only his inner circle knew about Malignitas, as his father didn't want everybody to know about him. (Severus Snape is not in the circle, so he doesn't know about Malignitas) His father had told him he had great plans for him, plans that would be ruined if it became known that Malignitas existed.

Malignitas learned languages and other useful knowledge: magical history, runes, astronomy and strategy from Lucius Malfoy. Potions and healing from Lee Meanlock. Combat, he learned from George Terb, and sword and dagger lessons were taught by Mack Thalli. Magic, control over emotions, physical and mental discipline and mind control - Mind reading, lie detecting and meditation - were being taught by his father most of the time, but once in a while, when his duties forced him to miss a lesson, his father would order the most powerful of his inner circle followers to teach Malignitas.

His favorite lesson was sword training. Mack was a Shadowdancer, and he wanted to instruct Malignitas in this too. Shadowdancing was an ancient sword technique from the old Atlantic. It was called this because the warriors seem to move faster than the shadows. The only thing you could see when the technique was performed correctly was the light reflecting off the sword.

Mack often came to Voldemort to sing praises about the boy. He reported that Malignitas was very eager and a natural Swordsman. Mack was confident that Malignitas would become one of the best, if not the best, in this ancient sword technique one day. There are very few Shadowdancers alive today; only Malignitas, Mack, and seven others knew the ancient technique.

Mack also taught Malignitas in an Egyptian war technique with daggers, and sometimes they used boa sticks (A/N: Hmm, have forgotten the proper name for these weapons, I use them when I'm training karate, but don't remember the name, they're really just plain bamboos sticks) as well. Mack hated to teach when the trainees didn't get it right away. He was not what you would call a patient Hufflepuff.

The other lessons went well. Malignitas was a good student after five years of discipline lessons with his father. His father was not your average goody-goody teacher, he didn't take no for an answer. Though he really had some difficulties with runes and Belgians - damn that language was hard to understand. Potion wasn't his favorite subject either; some of those ingredients really stank and it was just so boring, Malignitas hated waiting! Besides he had a lack of patience, which didn't go well with astronomy and strategy.

Malignitas summoned a piece of blueberry pie to himself by jerking his right forefinger towards himself in a lazy movement. He took a bit of the pie and swallowed it reluctant, it was a bit cold. So he put down his fork and knife and held his right hand over it with the palm down to heat it up. He concentrated on pouring power through his palm and held a finger on the pie so he could stop when he felt it was nice and warm. The most amazing thing was that he could feel the power flow down his arm and out of his palm. He had done this plenty of times before, but something went wrong this time. He was only supposed to heat it up a bit, but the whole pie caught fire after some seconds.

Malignitas started, unable to stop a small gasp of surprise from escaping.

Voldemort looked up from his lunch and glared. He hated to be disturbed while he ate.

"And what, pray tell, is the matter?" he drawled out.

"The whole pie caught fire." Malignitas explained and showed the plate with the ashes of the pie to his father.

"What did you do?" Voldemort examined the ashes.

"I just heated it up a bit."

"A bit? Well it surely looks like you failed your task".

"Well it wasn't like I intended for THIS to happen!" Malignitas groaned.

Voldemort's red eyes glowed.

"Don't address me with that tone."

Malignitas stepped back.

"Oh, I'm sorry father. You're right, I shouldn't have said that."

Voldemort stood up and grabbed his wand.

"I have to do this you know, it's for your own good. It will make you stronger, Crucio."

Malignitas managed to hold himself up; the pain was not as strong as the first few times he had been under the curse. After five years, he had built up immunity against it. Each time the pain became smaller. His father had said that he would probably be immune to both the Cruciatus and Imperius curses by 14. The curses were used in the body control lessons. They had also trained him to be immune to most potions, especially truth potions such as the Vertiserum. They hadn't tried the Killing Curse; they wouldn't risk his life over it. Besides, it wasn't so important for him to be immune to it, who would use it on him? Hopefully no one on the Dark side, though you couldn't be too sure about that, some on the dark side were backstabbing bastards. And the Light side wouldn't use such a Dark curse. And with his Physical training he had developed great reflexes and speed. He was very good at dodging spells and curses sent at him.

Malignitas grinded his teeth together; he didn't make a sound. He just stood there with his eyes closed and waited for his father to lift the curse.

"Very good Malignitas, you're getting better."

Voldemort lifted the curse after 3 minutes and placed his wand on the table.

Malignitas breathed slowly in and out, and opened his eyes.

"Come here Malignitas, light this candle. Put you hand over it with the palm down and concentrate on lighting it."

Malignitas came over and did as he was told. The candle his father had transfigured from a fork lit after two seconds, much to Malignitas's surprise.

"Wonderful!" Voldemort said, and Malignitas felt proud. If his father gave him such a compliment then he had done well. Malignitas watched as his father touched his mark and mumbled something under his breath. After a while, Lucius Malfoy stood before them. He bowed down and kissed the hem of Voldemort's robe.

"My Lord, Master Malignitas."

"Lucius, I need some help from you."

"Of course my Lord. How can I please?"

"I need you to get me an elf. He must be powerful and dark, preferably one of my supporters. He shall instruct Malignitas in elemental magic."

Lucius eyes widened and fled to stare at Voldemort's.

He stood frozen to the ground.

"Elemental magic, my Lord?"

"It's none of your concern Lucius!"

"Of course not. Forgive me, my Lord."

Voldemort waited a while before continuing.

"Malignitas has the power of fire, I want him trained by a powerful elf who has the ability to teach elemental magic."

"Of course my Lord, right away, he will be here by the end of the week. Is there anything else you wanted from me?"

"No, that's all, and remember Lucius, you are to remain discreet in your inquiries. Malignitas is not known by any outside the inner circle and I intend to keep it that way."

"Yes, my Lord."

Lucius bowed to Voldemort and gave a little nod to Malignitas before he Apparated away. Malignitas stood and waited for his father to speak.

"Malignitas, eat up and go to your first lesson. I have business to attend to."

Voldemort left and Malignitas took a new piece of blueberry pie, starting towards his first lesson - potion and healing with Lee Meanlock.

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story