Categories > Original > Fantasy > Age of Psychics

Episode Two: Purpose

by Nessrox444 2 reviews

Talsk wonders about what his purpose is, and what happened in his past. Meanwhile Wind Man has to stop a crazed man with a third eye and ultimatly hunt down Talsk.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Published: 2007-02-10 - Updated: 2007-02-10 - 2851 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I created all these characters, the plot, the setting, the story, everything about this story short of the English language was created by me. Never use this story/idea and
claim it as your own. Enjoy!

I'm going to keep writing these stories regardless but I would appreciate feedback on if you like the story and how I can improve it. Please send me feedback.
_________________________________________________________________

Episode Two: Purpose

_________________________________________________________________

What the hell am I doing? Talsk thought to himself. He'd been walking for six hours now not including the time before his fight with Alex. He couldn't think straight so he decided to stop running and sat down to think. The sun was setting and he could barely see the city on the horizon. So tired... Talsk collapsed from exhaustion, and drifted off into a deep sleep.

"So when are we going to go after this guy?" Wind Man asked.

"Patience, we'll go search for him in the morning." The other person responded.

"What's this we business? We both know I'm the only one going on this assignment. Why won't you just let me go now, or why didn't you let me stop him for that matter?" Wind Man asked confused.

"Like I said earlier this will give him a chance to recover and hopefully sort things out, it's difficult to wake up to all the crap that happened and I was afraid that if you went after him he'd snap." She explained.

"Dr. Limbic, some people are here to see you." A lowly lab peon said.

"Alright tell them I'll be right there." Dr. Limbic said.

"Right away" the peon said, leaving the room. Wind Man looked at her, puzzled.

"I have to explain myself to some higher ups. Mr. Selcia will be there as well." She said with a frown before leaving the room. Wind Man knew what was going to happen; a bunch of people would grill her on why she kept that man on life support. It's happened in the past but this time would be different, this time she would have to defend her decision because of all the trouble that he caused a few hours earlier. Mr. Selcia is usually a nice guy, but on the rare occasion that he gets pissed, you better run for cover. Wind Man had a feeling this would be one of those rare occasions. Wind Man did some thinking and then opened the window.

"What are you doing?" A woman said walking into the room.

"I've got to do something; I'm not just going to let her get screwed over like this. Selcia's going to get pissed that we let that psychic escape and we both know what happens when Selcia gets pissed. Besides the town could still be at risk and I can't just let evil-doers get away!" Wind Man said, doing his trademark salute.

"Yes but right no the city needs you." Skie said.

"What do you mean?" Wind Man asked, confused.

"An order came in, there's a psychic running rampant through the city, that's what I came in here to tell you." Skie said.

"Damn what an inconvenience." Wind Man said, jumping out of the window.

She knew what was going to happen next, he'd manipulate the wind to allow him to fly, after he was done defeating the psychic in town he would go find the psychic outside of town. She was right, Wind Man was soaring through the sky to the last known location of the attacks. After a few minute he landed, seeing the strangest thing he'd ever seen. All the officers and civilians had the same blank, mindless expression. Wind Man looked around, every person within sight was blanked out.

"Heheheh" a man laughed nearby "I'm so glad you came Wind Man, I've wanted to test my power on you for some time" a man stepped out of the darkness. The man was short, and wore a cloak.

"And just who are you?" Wind Man asked, puzzled.

"You seem tense; you're not doing your stupid salute either. Heh perfect, you're already off your game, this should be over quick." The man chuckled. Wind Man didn't respond, at least not verbally, he brought his hand back and thrust it forward, sending a blast of wind at the strange little man. The man didn't even attempt to get out of the way he got hit by the blast and flew backwards before gravity brought him to the ground. He slid a little ways before finally coming to a stop. He got up, and began laughing.

"Just what is so funny?!?" Wind Man yelled in anger.

"That attack." The man responded. "It was pathetic. Clearly the rumors of you being a powerful psychic are false."

"Oh yeah? How about this?!?" Wind Man yelled. He fired an even stronger gust of wind.

"Oh no, you had your chance it's my turn now" the man said. The wind was filled with Wind Man's psychic energy and was therefore visible. The man jumped no less than five feet over the wind attack.

"Now let's see how you deal with this." Psychic energy began to come to his forehead. When the energy dispersed a cut opened up on his forehead, and inside of it was... an eye! Before Wind Man could respond a blast shot out of it, and Wind Man found himself surrounded by darkness. Then something appeared tiny green creatures about seven inches tall. Then more appeared, and even more. Soon there were thousands of them stretching back as far as the eye could see.

"What the hell is this? Is this... is this really his psychic power?" Wind Man asked, knowing that no one was there to give him an answer. The green things all had a smile on their faces. The smile was the kind a crazy person had after finally snapping. The green things jumped him. Wind Man blew the creatures away hundreds at a time, keeping the creatures at bay. The creatures started to melt for some odd reason, and within seconds they were all pools of green liquid. This form didn't last long, however, and the green creatures merged into one humanoid figure. Wind Man instantly recognized the figure. "Alex?!?" Yes it was Alex, the man Wind Man put in jail hours before. He materialized a green spirit arm, only a lighter green than his skin. The green Alex thrust his arm forward, sending the spirit arm into Wind Man. Wind Man fired a blast of air at the arm, and it dissolved. "What the hell? That's never happened before...." Wind Man was confused, last time his attack traveled through Alex's arm and he got hit; but this time the arm dissolved. Wind Man suddenly realized what was going on, and shut his eyes. When he opened them back up, he was in the city again.

"So you've seen through my illusion have you? What gave me away?"

"If you have been watching my battles earlier today you must've missed the first run in with Alex, his arm is untouchable to my attacks." Wind Man explained. "That also means you didn't see this attack!" Wind Man made a fist with his index and middle fingers extended.

"What are you doing?" the man asked in amusement.

"Shut up and watch" Wind Man said coldly. He then pulled his arm back and fired a blast of wind.

"This thing again?" the man laughed. He wasn't laughing for long because as soon as the attack hit him the pain made him shut up. "What did you do?" he asked. His forehead was bleeding and his hand was covering his third eye.

"I decided to use something stronger than a gust of wind. That's called my wind blade, do you like it?" Wind Man asked with a smirk on his face.

"Well played, you've neutralized me... for now. This isn't over" he jumped back and disappeared into the nearest building. All of the man's victims who were in a mindless daze awoke.

"What happened?" Someone said

"I don't know." Another responded

"I think Wind Man saved us!" Someone yelled out in excitement. Everyone started cheering for Wind Man, as he flew off on a more important task.

Meanwhile Talsk was fighting, he couldn't tell who it was or where he was, but he knew he was outmatched. The man had a weapon of flames just like his only it was green. The man began laughing and calling him weak. Talsk charged the man, swinging his flame pole wildly. The man laughed and dodged all of his attacks and countered with a jab to the face, sending Talsk reeling. Talsk was beginning to bleed, his face was pouring blood. Talsk awoke suddenly, breathing heavily. "What the hell was that!?!" Talsk yelled out. As he sat there he remembered the dream. That man, whoever he was, had powers just like his, except he was so much stronger. He didn't stand a chance against whoever he was and somehow he knew that the man in his dreams was someone he knew in the past. He also knew that if they ever crossed paths he would have to kill him. While he was thinking about this his eye caught a stream. Talsk checked the water and decided it was okay to drink. Then it happened, an explosion of sand and rock nearby. A man landed down, he recognized the cheesy costume and lame salute, and it was the man from earlier. "What do you want?" Talsk asked with a frown.

"You" he said "I want to take you back to the city. You're very important to us."

"And if I refuse?"

"Then prepare for battle." Wind Man said.

Talsk got to his feet and made the triangle with his hands. He channeled his energy and created the three blue flames. "I'm in the mood for a fight" Talsk said.

"Then I'm not going to hold back." Wind Man shot a blast of wind at Talsk, knocking him on the ground behind him. Wind Man began running towards Talsk, he leapt in the air several feet and threw a wind blade at Talsk. Talsk managed to roll down the small hill he landed on by pulling his legs up. Talsk landed on his feet, materialized the flame pole and swung at Wind Man. Wind Man ducked and blasted Talsk in the chest with a gust of wind. He followed up by flying after Talsk and kicking him in the head.

"Well then are you ready to come back with me?" Wind Man asked, confident that the damage he inflicted was enough to persuade him.

"I'm just getting started!" Talsk yelled out as he charged at Wind Man. He swung at Wind Man, who once again ducked. This time he was prepared, and managed to get Wind Man in the face with his knee. Talsk then slammed Wind Man in the back with his pole, and prepared for another attack. This time he leapt in the air and was prepared to finish the battle right now. Wind Man had other plans, he managed to get out of the way by using the wind to propel his body a few feet, barely dodging the pole. Talsk saw this and swung down where Wind Man was now, so Wind Man began rolling, dodging three more attacks like this. Then Wind Man hit Talsk in the legs with a wind blast, and in a moments time, got back on his feet with help from the wind. Wind Man leapt into the air and, instead of using a wind based attack, prepared to kick Talsk (land on him). Talsk rolled out of the way but wasn't fast enough to get back on his feet. Wind Man hit Talsk with another blast of wind, rolling him down the hill. Wind Man got right next to Talsk and put his foot lightly on Talsk's chest.

"It's over, surrender." Wind Man said.

"Why? I'm having so much fun, besides I'm just getting started." Talsk said.

"The battle's over, there are no needs for bluffs" Wind Man said.

Then an odd thing happened, a fist hit Wind Man in the head with enough force to send him flying to the ground a few feet away from where Talsk was laying.

"Who the hell are you people?!?" a man yelled. Talsk got up to see who had punched Wind Man. What he found was a man with long red hair, and severely beat up clothing. The other thing Talsk noticed was that he had 4 right arms!

"Not going to answer huh? Well that's fine, I WAS GOING TO KILL YOU ALL ANYWAY!" His arms stretched the distance between them and in a flurry of punches disabled Talsk. Wind Man got up, he was lucky by comparison, he was able to dodge the first blast of arms. Then he blasted the man in the chest with at least three blasts of wind. The man was flying through the air but he used his arms to grab onto a rock and caught himself. "TIME TO DIE!" The man yelled out. He raised his left arm, an x appeared on it. His arm started to split apart, and regrow into four separate arms. He now had 8 arms now and he was rapidly punching. Wind Man was dodging the flurry of punches coming at him. He couldn't keep it up however, and the punches finally caught up to him. When the punches stopped, Wind Man was severely injured, he was bleeding all over. Then Talsk got up.

"I remember something, and because of that I'm going to spare your life." Talsk said.

"YOU spare MY LIFE?!?!?" the man said angered. He pulled his stretchable arms back and then aimed them at Talsk. His eight arms began closing the distance between them at an incredible velocity. Talsk disassembled his staff and created a shield from the flames. The flames were at each corner and created a transparent shield of energy that blocked every single fist from hitting him. The fists didn't do anything, his failure to break the shield caused him to become enraged however, and he just sped up the rate of punching.

"What the hell are you waiting for? Get him." Talsk yelled to Wind Man.

Wind Man fired a wind blade at the man. He had to protect himself so he diverted his arms to block the wind blade. He wasn't fast enough to block Talsk however. The second his arms redirected elsewhere Talsk charged him. By the time the man saw Talsk it was too late, Talsk used the end of the pole and rammed it right into his forehead. The resulting surge of energy caused the man to cry out in pain for nearly ten seconds straight, then he passed out.

"Why did you help me?" Wind Man asked.

"Because he attempted to kill me. I'll still fight you if you still want to drag me back to the city."

"I have a better idea. You come back to the city, get all those tests run on you, and I'll help you figure out who you are." Wind Man went on "you could even be my sidekick! I've always wanted a sidekick."

"No, I'll go back to the city in exchange for knowledge of my past. On a few conditions:" Talsk said.

"Name them."

"One: I'm not your sidekick, and two you ditch that stupid costume you're wearing."

"What?!? But what about my secret identity?!?" Wind Man exclaimed.

"You're a super human freak with the power to manipulate the wind, you don't need a stupid secret identity." Talsk said as he began walking.

"Of course I do!" Wind Man said, following him.

It went on like that for several hours as they began the long journey back to the city.

Elsewhere...

"Interesting, if what you say is true then this person could be very useful to us." A man sitting on a throne said.

"Of course, what's our next course of action?" another man asked.

"I want you to keep observing psychics in the city, and keep your eye on that strange psychic. Lyra, you're going to fight that psychic tomorrow, I want you to prepare for battle." The man sitting on the throne said.

"...Battle..." Lyra said.

"I have a feeling this psychic is more than he appears, watch over him very closely."

_________________________________________________________________

Be sure to read my other story Eternal Hate and with any luck, I didn't loose lots of readers for being slow with the updates (I'll try to do 1 or 2 a week from now on).

Once again
Special thanks to: Adrian H. Grepe for helping me come up with names as well as minor editing, and Jordan Brown for help on character appearances. Averill helped with major editing.

Normal common-run-of-the-mill thanks to: Jordan Brown, Adrian H. Grepe, Mrs. Averill, my mom or dad, and Rayyan Kamal for providing feedback on my first draft.

If there are any misspellings or errors, tell me so I can edit them out in the future, don't forget to LEAVE COMMENTS. :-D
Sign up to rate and review this story