Categories > Original > Fantasy > Age of Psychics

Episode Three: The Silent Warrior

by Nessrox444 1 review

A new enemy emerges, much stronger than any of them. How will they defeat her without dying in the process?!?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-18 - Updated: 2007-02-18 - 2996 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I created all these characters, the plot, the setting, the story, everything about this story short of the English language was created by me. Never use this story/idea and
claim it as your own. Enjoy!

I'm going to keep writing these stories regardless but I would appreciate feedback on if you like the story and how I can improve it. Please send me feedback.
__________________________________________________________________

Episode Three: The Silent Warrior

__________________________________________________________________

"How's he doing?" Wind Man asked.

"The test results are coming back, just two more minutes and we'll be one step closer to analyzing his energy fully." Dr. Limbic said.

"Are you all cleared up with Selcia now?" Dr. Skie Cortex said, entering the room.

"He didn't get as pissed as I thought, but I'm being monitored very closely now thanks to our little mishap." Dr. Limbic told them. They were in an almost all white room looking in at Talsk through a giant glass window. He was hooked up to a machine and unleashing as much of his energy as he could and all kinds of data was being transmitted to a computer below the glass window. Dr. Limbic and Skie were standing next to each other, monitoring all the data on the computers. Wind Man noticed they looked odd standing next to each other; Dr. Limbic had dark brown skin and black hair, by contrast Skie had fairer skin and brown hair, but something about it looked strange... Wind Man soon realized that it's because they weren't arguing, and they usually argued all the time. After a minute of silence a door at the far end of the room opened and the test was over. Skie went in to disconnect Talsk from the machine while Dr. Limbic studied the data.

"Damn, this doesn't help out all that much. The machine still can't figure out why his energy is different, and it doesn't appear to be as powerful as the previous tests made him out to be." She said disappointed.

"Weren't the other tests when he was asleep?" Skie said coming through the door at the end of the room.

"Yes it was" Dr. Limbic said without looking up.

"What exactly does that mean?" Talsk asked coming through the door. Talsk looked very worn out and he was confused with all the tests they made him take.

"It means..." Dr. Limbic paused "... it means you have a lot of energy that you can't tap into." She said.

"Whatever" Talsk yawned "I'm tired from all those tests, where can I sleep?"

"Wind Man can show you" Dr. Limbic said.

"Or I can!" Skie said too enthusiastically, she then started a slight blush.

"Nah I'll go with Wind Man" he said.

The two exited the room. "What's with you?" Dr. Limbic asked, "Never mind" she said, noticing Skie's blushing. Wind Man and Talsk were walking down the hall, Talsk noticed how all the doors and halls looked the same in this part of the building, everyone had on lab coats and all the walls were white. Wind Man led him to an elevator and he pushed the 4 button.

"You don't have to take me there, I'm not tired." Talsk said "I actually need your help, I need you to tell me locations, it's obvious I wasn't living in the city in the past." He said sternly.

"If that's the case why am I the one with you? Dr. Limbic and Skie know a lot more than I do about anything on the subject" Wind Man responded.

"Because I also brought you here because of your stupid ass outfit!" Talsk yelled out "get some regular clothes on you freaking idiot!"

"But what about..."

"Who cares about your secret identity?!? From what I've seen people don't know this is where you live. Plus you have wind powers, what're you afraid of!" Talsk said, lowering his voice to a normal speaking voice.

"Well what about my friends and family? What if people go after them?" Wind Man said saddened.

"You don't have friends and family, at least none that don't live here, plus that was part of the deal, I'd do all those tests in exchange for you helping me out and you taking off that ridiculous outfit." Talsk said.

"Fine, fine, fine." Wind Man said in defeat. "But at least let me wear it until the next mission."

"Fine, but after that no more wearing it, it's the dumbest costume ever." Talsk said with a sigh.

"You're just jealous" Wind Man said.

Talsk opened his mouth to speak but the elevator opened.

"Come with me I think I can help you." Wind Man said stepping out of the elevator. Talsk followed him a few halls down to a room.

"Okay let me explain" Wind Man said. He started drawing a picture. "Okay here is what our portion of the world looks like." Wind Man explained "We live here, in Den city in the wolf province of the Might Country. Den city is rather isolated and it has the most psychics of all cities. To the east is the desert we were in yesterday, to the northeast and southeast are forests. To the north are forests as well, and even further north is the ocean. A few hundred miles into the ocean is Hurricane Island, the North Pole, it got that name because it's impossible to enter, and hurricanes appear out of nowhere and destroy ships that try. Fun fact, the North Pole is the only pole that never freezes, the south, west, and east poles all freeze but that gets into all kinds of strange planet rotations and the planet is too odd to explain in detail so quickly, so we'll cover planet rotation later. Anyway, to the northwest is another forest, and to the west and southwest are lakes and human made paths, really the only way to the rest of the wolf province. And of course, to the south are the Frozen Mountains, hellish mountains that is almost always covered in ice and snow, I believe that's near where we found you" Wind Man said incredibly fast.

"Uh..." Talsk said "I'm never going to remember any of that, but since you found me near the Frozen Mountains, why don't we go there?" Talsk asked.

"No can do, the Frozen Mountains are off limits without special permission." Wind Man explained. "The Frozen Mountains are too dangerous, the only reason we found you was because of the federal troops stationed there." Wind Man said.

Talsk opened his mouth to say something but just then Skie walked by. "A psychic, you're up. Take your com-link this time." Skie told them, handing Wind Man the com-link. Wind Man moved to the window but Talsk stopped him.

"Take off the damn uniform." Talsk said.

"But that'll take time." Wind Man retorted.

"Unlike you I can't jump out of windows and fly, the time it takes for you to change should be just enough time to get down to the ground level." Talsk said with a smirk. Wind Man reluctantly left the room to go change, while Talsk raced down the stairs. They both met on ground level outside the massive building's entryway.

"And we're off!" Wind Man said, doing his salute and grabbing hold of Talsk's hand.

"You need to work on that pose, and why are you grabbing my hand?" Talsk asked.

"I was thinking when I flew you would come with me." Wind Man said.

"Hell no, I'll run, meet you there in a less than ten minutes." Talsk said shaking off Wind Man's hand. Wind Man flew off and Talsk began running towards the target area. It took Wind Man a little less than one minute to get to the other side of town where the target area is.

"Heheheh" a voice laughed.

"Who's there?" Wind Man asked.

"You've forgotten already? It's only been a day, maybe you should look around you, see all those people in trances? I did that." The voice said.

"You!" Wind Man yelled.

"Yes me, but you can call me Ace Teller. Hmm... what happened to that idiotic suit of yours?" Ace said, stepping out of the shadows. Wind Man saw more of him this time, he still had his black coat on, but he also noticed his tan skin and his black hair. Everything below his nose was inside the cloak so he couldn't see anything else, but he did notice his third eye was already formed.

"I had to discard it." Wind Man said gloomily. "My new sidekick made me do it." He explained.

"I'm not your side kick!" a voice yelled. It was Talsk, of course. He was running towards them. Wind man couldn't help but notice Talsk's stamina and speed, he was able to run across town so quickly.

"A new one, well this will be interesting, I have the ability to put people in illusions, let's see how you handle my eye this time!" Ace yelled out. Talsk met up with Wind Man at this time.

"Who's this guy? What's his power?" Talsk asked.

"Ace Teller, illusions" Wind Man answered "Your illusions won't work though, I'll close my eyes like last time and it'll be over." Wind Man said confidently.

"Heheh, maybe your power can't adapt but mine can! My eye will adjust, this time you won't escape, and when you die in my realm your mind will die, taking you with it. Hahaha" Ace laughed. Suddenly Wind Man and Talsk were surrounded by blackness. This time a giant circle appeared, it had arms on it and a creep smiling face.

"NEEEEEEEEEEE FJAKDHFACKJ" is what the circle sounded like it said. It jumped up in the air and slammed one of its giant fists into the ground. Talsk and Wind Man managed to get out of the way in time.

"So what do we do?" Talsk looked at Wind Man, confused.

"I don't know last time I was able to just close my eyes and get out of it, this time that won't work." Wind Man said, jumping out of the way of another ground slam.

"Okay then, I'll take care of it!" Talsk yelled, putting his hands together in the triangle pattern. He focused his energy into it and formed the blue flames, and in the same instance turned them into the staff-like weapon. Talsk jumped at the circle.

"Jldkfjslf?" the circle asked. In the next instant the circle was cut in half. With it the darkness cut in half and began to dissipate.

"What?!? What happened?!?" Ace yelled. "Oh well, I can still defeat you without my illusions." Ace said as he pulled a knife out from under his robes. Ace charged at Wind Man with the knife. Wind Man shot a blast of wind at Ace's feet, attempting to trip him up. "You'll have to do better than that!" Ace yelled out. He managed to jump no less than five feet in the air, easily dodging the wind blast.

"Will this do?!?" Talsk yelled. Ace had no idea why he didn't realize it earlier, Talsk had jumped at an angle knowing that Ace would clear the wind blast. Talsk rammed the staff into Ace's eye.

"What..." Ace fell to the ground, the staff slipped out of his eye. The eye began to crack and eventually shattered. Blood trickled down his forehead as he lay there.

"Shit..." Wind Man said out loud. "We're going to need a medic." Wind Man said into his com-link.

"We'll send one right away." Dr. Limbic said through the com-link. "But we have something here, it's a message for you, I'll patch it through." She said with slight fear in her voice.

"Hello Wind Man" the voice said "I am, well, you can call me shadow. My associate will be waiting for you and your ally outside the city, if you do not face her I will detonate a rather powerful explosive inside a group of buildings, killing hundreds. It's your choice" the transmission ended

"Understood." Wind Man said into the com-link. "Talsk, you might want to keep that staff of yours out, we have another assignment." Wind Man said, flying off.

"As I thought, he's not a open combat fighter." A mysterious figure on the roof above said. "By the looks of it they've got my message." The figure said. "Get ready" he said through a com-link to someone on the other side.

Wind Man and Talsk arrived at the place where they were directed to go, just outside of town. There they saw a woman. She was about the age of Talsk, and she stood out. She had fair skin, a white jacket on, a white undershirt, white pants, white shoes, and white hair. The only thing that stood out was a gold, metal collar around her neck.

"Are you who we're supposed to fight?" Wind Man asked angry.

"...Fight...?" she said, as though she was in a trance.

She charged at them with incredible speed, attempting to punch them, and then dipping down and punching the ground. They barely got out of the way as the ground exploded, creating a medium-sized crater where she punched. Woah, that's incredible what the hell is she made of? Wind Man thought to himself. She turned to Wind Man with a blank expression in her eyes. She charged after Wind Man, almost catching him off guard, she punched, barely missing Wind Man's head. She then turned her body and punched him in the chest with her left hand. Wind Man's feet slid against the ground as the force of her punch sent him flying 5-10 yards into a nearby rock. Wind Man slumped against the rock, blood was coming out of his mouth, he got back up. The strange girl charged at him, Talsk got in the way when she was only a few yards away and hit her in the side of the head with his staff. She flew through the air to the right, flipped around and landed on her feet.

"Excellent, it looks like things turned out like we had hoped. A one on one battle with the strange man." Shadow said nearby to no one in particular. "Engage him." He said in the com-link.

"..." she opened her mouth but nothing came out. She charged at Talsk head on. Talsk readied his staff. She was in striking distance when Wind Man, who jumped in the air after getting back up, fell from the sky and hit her in the chest with a wind blast. She managed to resist the blast; she then hit wind man in the side of the head, catching him in the ear. The wind blast shot him backwards but she managed to catch herself and land on her feet. Wind Man wasn't so lucky, the shot caused his ear to swell and blood shot out, the com-link feel out and exploded in to hundreds of pieces and he hit the ground, laying in a pool of blood.

"Alright, that's it!" Talsk said he charged at her while she stood there, still as a statue. He swung his staff but she just ducked and punched him in the stomach. He flew upwards but managed to catch himself and land on his feet. Suddenly he spit out a lot of blood and collapsed onto his hands and knees, still spitting out blood. She charged at him, suddenly when her foot went down the ground shifted up. She lost her balance, and the ground shifted even higher up, sending her sailing backwards. When she was close to the ground another rock pushed up from the ground and caught her in the back, putting all her weight into her spine.

"I don't know who you are." A man said walking up, he had a brown jacket on and faded jeans on; they were covered in sand and looked worn out. "But I can't let anyone so cruel hurt another, if that means I will have to fight... then... then I will." He said. The man fired 10 rocks from the earth like bullets all aimed at the same target, the woman in white. She jumped up, punched through the bullets and then she charged at the man. He tried to trip her again but it didn't work how he expected it. She punched the ground, so instead of the ground going up, the ground sank downwards and a medium sized crater appeared. She got close to him before he could react and hit him in the top of his head. The top half of his body went down and met with her foot which hit him in the stomach. He fell back flat on the ground staring up at the sky, coughing up trace amounts of blood. Talsk got up and swung at her but he got clocked in the face. He fell to the ground and like the other man, was on his back bleeding internally. She stood over him, ready for the kill when suddenly she stopped. She turned around and walked away. The last thing Talsk thought was why didn't she finish me off? He blacked out.

__________________________________________________________________

Well thanks for reading this far, I'm planning on updating twice a week but at least once a week if I can't do that. Well I don't have much to say but I hope you look forward to the next episode.

Also be sure to check out my other story: Ancient Grudge: War of the Empire (formerly Eternal Hate).

Once again
Special thanks to: Adrian H. Grepe for helping me come up with names as well as minor editing, and Jordan Brown for help on character appearances. Averill helped with major editing.

Normal common-run-of-the-mill thanks to: Jordan Brown, Adrian H. Grepe, Mrs. Averill, my mom or dad, and Rayyan Kamal for providing feedback on my first draft.

If there are any misspellings or errors, tell me so I can edit them out in the future, don't forget to LEAVE COMMENTS. :-D
Sign up to rate and review this story