Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Don't Know How You Do It

If I Could Be Your First Real Heartache

by -LoVe-CaNt-SaVe-YoU- 6 reviews

ok so i havent pdateed in forever i am so sorry! updates will motivate me to make time for more updates tho ;)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-02-11 - Updated: 2007-02-11 - 1312 words

3Exciting
Bree hung up without giving Pete a chance to reply. She knew she was going to have to tell them she was leaving but she was leaving, it hadn't really sunk in yet. She had spent so many years trying to be somebody she wasn't with all her, looking back she couldn't believe how much time she wasted not enjoying herself but mopping and trying not to upset anyone else. That was time she was never going to get back. Things were great for her these past few months and now it was over. She had to start all over again. New town, new school, new everything. She looked outside her bedroom door and found folded boxes there. Courtesy of Melody. Must want me packed while I'm not arguing not to move Bree thought opening out the box and setting it on the floor. She started with her clothes. I have way too many hoodies she thought looking at the millions of hoodies littering the bottom of her wardrobe.


The rest of her say was spent like this, packing away clothes, books, cd's etc... she didn't finish until nine o clock and by then she was so tired that not caring how early it was she passed out on her sheet less mattress.

She woke up to the sound of her phone ringing:

Take, a look at my girlfriend, she's the only one I got..

"Hello?" she answered yawning wiping the sleep from her eyes.

"Heylo Bree! Morning sunshine! I'm with Pete and Andy! We wanna know when your gonna come meet us in XO?!" Joe asked. Apparently he was a morning person.

"Uhhmm.. What time is it??" she asked lloking around for her alarm clock forgetting she had already packed it away.

"Two!"

"Like in the afternoon??" Bree asked uncertainly... she wasn't sure exactly how long she had been asleep. So maybe Joe was an afternoon person

"Yep, what time you gonna be ready?"

"Uhhh... half three?"

"K we'll be there..."

"Alright then bye.."

"Alright Sugar, sayonara buckaroo!"


Little did she know that they were planning on taking Patrick with them.


Bree sighed pulling herself out of her bed. She pulled out a clean pair of jeans and a hoodie from one of the many boxes cluttering her room and quickly pulling them on before running a brush through her hair. She went downstairs to make herself her regular smoothie, Melody of course already sitting at the table reading some fashion magazine and eating some kind of exotic fruit Bree wasn't familiar with. Bree was happy not talking to her and just going about her business, and was finished making her smoothie when Melody just had to talk to her.

"I'm so happy you've finally decided to stop being so childish about moving to LA. It means a lot to your father and me."

"I'm sure it does but I'm not doing it for either of you" Bree snapped, taking a gulp of her smoothie. Melody was the last person she wanted to talk to, especially on an empty stomach.

"Well, whatever your reasons were then. Where are you off to?" she asked, not like she really cared.

"Out." Bree replied before finishing off her smoothie and placing her glass in the sink.

"Oh k... are you going to be back soon?"

"Maybe, I don't know."

"Ok bye!" Melody said fake cheerfully.

Bree slipped on her shoes before slamming the door behind her on her way out.




Joe, Andy and Pete all sat down at the "gang's" usual table.

"So you told Patrick to come??" Andy asked turning to face Pete.

"Yep. He should be here in like twenty minutes or so." Pete replied taking a sip of his coffee and burning his tongue in the process, then mumbling something profane. Just when Andy and Joe had stopped snickering Bree walked in.

"Hey guys!" she greeted them taking the headphones out of her ear and sitting down.

"Hey Bree, how are you, after you know..??" Joe asked.

"Ehm, I don't know really. I'm still waiting for it to sink in."

"He misses you you know, he cares a lot." Andy added.

"If he really does care why did he go stick his tongue down his ex-girlfriends throat."
"In fairness Alex probably kissed him ..." Pete said quietly trying not to upset her.

"Does it matter he kissed her back I saw it. Then he pretended like nothing happened." She said quietly on the verge of tears. Not here, not now. she thought sniffing and carrying on.

"Anyways I didn't come here to talk about Patrick I wanted to tell you guys something."

"What?" they all said in unison.

"I'm mo-" she stopped hearing the bell above the front door jingling turning around and seeing Patrick standing there staring at the table she was sitting at like a deer caught in headlights, trying to decide whether or not to run the hell out of the shop when Pete called over to him.

"Patrick! Over here!" as if that wasn't obvious enough already. Patrick still looked sure but Andy gave him a death stare that said "Get your extremely white ass over here and fix this now!". Oddly specific but that's what he looked like he was thinking.

"Hey.." he muttered and sat down across from Bree who had suddenly found an interest in the sleeves of her hoodie.

"So Bree?" Joe said trying to get her attention. "You were telling us something important?"
"Oh yeah, umm.." she wasn't planning on telling Patrick face to face she assumed the guys would tell him for her./ Now or never right? / she thought deciding to come right out and say it.

"I umm... I'm moving with my dad and his new wife to LA."

There was a silence for what felt like forever, a silence that only Pete Wentz could break.

"For real? Like permanent? Your dad? When? What? Why?"

Bree filled them in on what had been going on in her life the past moth. Filling in the blanks. Patrick looked like he was about to cry. He never looked away from her since he walked in and she was trying desperately to avoid his gaze.

"Bree we are going to miss you so much I forbid you to leave." Joe said speaking on behalf of all the guys at the table.

"Maybe we should go.." Andy suggested looking round to Pete and Andy who nodded. They wanted Bree and Patrick to at least be on speaking terms even if just for a little while before Bree leaves.

"Bree, you cant go." Patrick stated reaching out for her hand that was on the table but she pulled away.

"Don't Patrick stop. I don't want to have to pass by here everyday and have all those good memories with you, all tainted because of the extremely dumb thing you did."

"But Bree I love you so much I don't know what I would do if you left."

"You have the band, you have Alex."

"No! I don't want Alex Bree! I never did to begin with. Since I met you I know it's the hugest most pathetic over used cliché in the book but I knew I was meant to be with you. Please, would it be so hard to give me another chance?"

"Do you know what I would think of every time you held my hand, kissed me, or called me. I'd think of /her/. More specifically you and her. You say you love me so much? Then why does this hurt so badly?" she said starting to cry and getting up.

"Don't leave, please? Don't go." Feeling his voice break fighting the urge to hold her and comfort her knowing he couldn't because he was the one causing all this pain.

"I- I- I just cant." She stuttered turning and running away. Again.
Sign up to rate and review this story