Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Nobody to Protect

I Know Why...

by ILuvFMA 0 reviews

Sesshoumaru and Sango have a conversation about thier past, but it could make them start a future

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-02-15 - Updated: 2007-02-16 - 1782 words

0Unrated
::Author's Note::

the first chapter was diffrent I know, hehehe. well here ya go~~ By the way on the review of my last thing. Thanks for the advise! I'm really new to the writing bussiness and I know i'm not the good but it gives me something to do. and the chart really has nothing to do with the story it was just tryin to explain things better. Thanks though!!

DISCLAIMER!!
____________
LAST TIME ON NOBODY TO PROTECT:
Sango still had no idea what Kikyou ment, but she put the necklace away and continued to get back to work. She looked at the gate and saw him, a figure with white, long hair in celestial robes.

Sesshoumaru.
____________

Nobody to Protect chapter 2- I know why...



Sango looked at him in a grim way.

"What brings you here... Sesshoumaru?" she asked

"I should ask you the same question human!"

"This is... WAS my home village.. and you?"

Sesshoumaru walked twords her so nither Jaken nor Rin could here.

"Actully I was looking for my stupid idioctic brother, or one of his friends to tell me where he is..." He looked at Sango as if for her to answer him without asking.

"Well keep looking, since Naraku's death I haven't spoken to Inuyasha nor the others. Now you can be on your way"

Sesshoumaru turned around and started to walk, then stopped and turned back around

"I've been wondering, how is it that you made the final blow on Naraku with little effort and it still killed such a opponet..?"

Sango blinked a couple times trying to remember that night when Naraku died:

~ ~ ~ * ~

"I'M GOING TO DESTROY YOU NARAKU!!!!!!!!!"

Sango threw her boomerang at Naraku and he vansihed forever.

~ ~ ~ * ~
"Uhhhhhhh..... My Bussiness not yours and would most certainly not like to share it, expessially with somebody that I barely know..." Sango replied to him.

Silence.

"I know exacly what you used to kill him human..."

Sango looked at him in shock.

"Don't worry I don't plan to steal it, it is really non of my concern. I have strength, and that's all I would like." he added.

Sango looked down at his two swords. Tokjein- the perfect weapon for him, and the Tenseiga- used to bring the dead back to life.

"I suposse your wondering why i carry Tensaiga."

"No I know exacly why you carry it, it is you who dosen't know.."

"Oh, then tell me human!"

Sango smiled and spoke gently:

"As my memory serves, your father, Inu-no-Taisho, had 3 swords, Tessaiga, Tensaiga, and So'unga. Inuyasha was givin Tessaiga, much to your dismay, and you were givin Tensaiga. So'unga was guarded by its sheaf, Saya, I belive that was his name. Anyway, Inuyasha was givin Tessaiga so that he could learn to accept the part of him that was human. Tessaiga only transforms when a demon, or half demon, wants to protect a human correct?"

"Yes"

"Well, since you have no desire to protect humans, or anyone for that matter, maybe he thought that the only way for the sword to go was with Inuyasha. My prediction is that your father wanted Inuyasha, most of all, to accept that fact that his mother was human, and have him show concern for any such human. You, however, would never find that strength Sesshoumaru, you are full demon, which means you don't wish to protect anyone. Your father wanted you to gain a kind heart, which is why he left you with a sword that relives the dead. I'm sure you father wouldn't want two sons that hate each other because one recived the great sword, and one did not..."

"This sword is useless, It is ovious that my father had choosen favorites"

"Sesshoumaru, it isn't that useless, it only is if you let it be so. Rin, what if she was found dead one day, like when you first found her. The sword proved useful then didn't it Sesshoumaru? Someday you will find someone that you will fall in love with, that is why your father left you that sword. You are just like him and he knows it.. he knew that you couldn't go on in life alone..."

"I have so far, why not any more?"

"Because everyone was created to be with someone, and no you haven't been alone. You have the toad creature, and Rin right next to you, looking up to you, because i know that long ago you saved both of them. Deep within you couldn't leave them there, wherever they were you couldn't leave them... so you did the right thing, just as your father knew you would, which is why that sword was givin to you... Sesshoumaru.."

"You know nothing about my father's life!!"

Sango looked at him in disapointment, she knew that he loved his father, she knew that he had a soul that was lost in the darkness, and that all he needed was a little light to guide him.

"I know more than you think....but there I explained to you why you have the sword and now you may be on your way..."

Sesshoumaru stared at her as she picked up the pile of wood and turned around to bring it back into a small hut. Sesshoumaru didn't leave, he couldn't bring himself to do it. Sango walked out of the hut and seen him still standing there, her annoance was getting greater, and she knew that he wanted something. For why would a full blooded killer-by-heart be talking to the one being he dispises most,--- a human, who is his brothers compainion.

"What are you still doing here?"

"Why! why have you been traveling with Inuyasha, when all you do is leave him behind when Naraku is no longer your problem..?"

Sango stared at him, she didn't know how to answer that question. She didn't know how to talk to him. She had never done it before.. so why now? Her eyes moved to the ground. She was ready to answer, no matter how bad she hated to talk about it, she was going to...

"As I said before, this was my home village. I was rasied in the big shrine over there, with my brother by my father. I was rasied as a demon slayer, as was my brother. One night we went to exterminate a spider demon. Little did we know the lord of that castle was possesed, he took control of my brother and made him kill everyone... my father and fellow villagers. Everyone, except me. Once I relized what was going on, I was distracted in the urge to kill the lord. He commanded his guard to kill me and Kohaku. Before they could, Kohaku's weapon was in my back. Then he was shot by arrows, soon followed by me. I was the only one that survied. The Lord's son took me in after his father was killed my him, and little did I know it was Naraku in disquise. I overheard him talking to a demon-puppet about my village being Inailated by a half-demon named Inuyasha. Consumed by my anger I vowed to kill him. Inuyasha informed me what was going on and soon after I found myself traveling with him. Then after I also discovered Naraku was controling my brother to give me a weakness, so as I killed him, I knew that it was all for Kohaku, but in result of killing Naraku, Kohaku died as well because we had to remove the jewel shard from him back. I hated Inuyasha for that which is why I left him and the group and apparently Miroku, Kagome and Shippou did the same thing as I, and now here I am trying to repare this village."

Sesshoumaru looked upon the ground. Never before did he hear such a tragic story. He suddenly felt himself feeling sorry for the human. She had no family left, her father and brother were both dead. She was all alone.

"What about your mother?"

"Oh, she died in a fire right after Kohaku was born. She always wanted me to be just like her when I was little. The day of the fire I went in after her, but I was knocked unconcious by a falling board and somehow, I didn't die."

She lied. Sango knew exacly why she didn't die that night, but It wasn't something she wanted to repeat. Very few people know about it, only her father, Kohaku, Her mother, and She suspected Kikyou, due to the fact of giving her the Sacred Jewel.

"Can you please leave now, I want to be alone." she said.

Sesshoumaru turned around and started to walk

"We will cross paths again...Sango."

She looked up in shock and watched him leave the village. Rin and Jaken in pursuit. She took the jewel from her pocket and put in around her neck

"...I can't use this thing just now...not at this time.. not when I think Naraku isn't fully dead.."

Tears stremed down her face as she remembered her mother's last word to her..

"Sango, don't be afraid of yourself , Be afraid of the outcome."

What did she mean?? Why would she say that to her instead of a simple "I love you!!" Worst of all Naraku may not be dead. She was compleatly alone. She knew it too. Everyone did.

She started to cry so bad the the dirt beneath her was now mud.



"Lord Sesshoumaru, how come you were talking to that meaningless human for so long" Jaken asked him.

"Shut up Jaken, I simply asked her questions about Inuyasha. thats all"

"Well she sure was pretty! Lord Sesshoumaru, I think you should marry her oneday!!!" Rin said gleefully.

"Silence Rin!! Why would the good Lord marry a human when the very being of him hates his father for doing the exact same thing!! I mean even though him and his father are quite alike dosen't mean that..."

Sesshoumaru cut him off.

'Yes she was very pretty, but I refuse to let my heart be touched by a human!' he thought.

Right. Wrong. He was touched by her. He knew it and he hated it.

'We are both alike, Both alone, with no meaning in the world, compleatly useless.

"Someday you will find someone that you will fall in love with, that is why your father left you that sword. You are just like him and he knows it.. he knew that you couldn't go on in life alone..." He remembered her saying those word to him.

'NO!!, I CAN'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO ME!!'

Suddenly he found himself stopping and sencing a familiar scent.

Could It be?

No.

It is!

.........Naraku!
Sign up to rate and review this story