Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > My Life Then and Now

The Funeral

by Blood-Skye 1 review

Kimmi is preparing for her dad's funeral. While Chuck is trying to keep her happy. What will happen between them? Read and find out.

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Chuck Comeau - Published: 2007-02-18 - Updated: 2007-02-18 - 2122 words

0Unrated
The next morning.

Chuck's P.O.V.

Ah, last night was the best. I finally knew how Kimmi felt and today was the day I was going to ask her out for real. I got up and headed to the bathroom to take a shower, but I noticed their was laughs coming from downstairs. So, I walked downstairs to see who was laughing and why. I got to the living room to find my mom, brother, and Kimmi sitting on the couch and chairs laughing. My mom was sitting right next to Kimmi showing her my baby pictures.
"Morning sleepy head." my brother said.
"What is going on here?" I asked looking at them. Kimmi smiled.
"I came to see if you wanted to go somewhere with me today." she said.
"Really? Where?" I asked.
"Somewhere. Go get ready. Your mom already said you could go." she answered. I was happy that she wanted me to go, but curious as to where.

I ran upstairs and got my shower got dressed, and did my hair. I went back downstairs and put my shoes on. Then I went back into the living room to rescue Kimmi from my brother and mom, mainly my brother.
"Ready?" she asked.
"Yeah, lets go." I answered. We walked out of the house and I saw a ford mustang sitting in my driveway.
"Is that yours?" I asked.
"Yeah, my dad was really rich. You know, now I am head of Lava Records." she said. I was amazed.
"How are you handling that?" I asked as we got in her car.
"Like anyone would. I'm freaking out." she said and pulled out of my driveway. She took the highway out of Montreal and took us into New York. She pulled up to what looked like a run down house.
"Come on." she said and got out. We walked up to the house and went in. it was really dark and scary in there. Kimmi flipped on a light and it revealed a beautiful dinner room table. It was a romantic dinner for two.
"Is this for us?" I asked. She blushed and shook her head yes.
"If you are going to be my friend with benefits, then you need to see where I lived before my dad's company took off." she said.

We sat down at the table. There were roses and candles and the best dinner I have ever eaten.
"Did you cook this?" I asked.
"Normally I would, but since I couldn't make it down here in time, I didn't." she said. She kind of sounded disappointed.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"I didn't really bring you down here for this. I brought you down here because I have to start getting things ready for the funeral." she replied in a whisper.
"Okay, but then why the fancy dinner?" I asked. God, I am full of questions today.
"Because I thought you would like it." she replied.
"Yeah, I love it." I said and placed my hand on her leg. This time she stayed still. She didn't pull away or remove me hand, she left it be.
"Wait, are we dating now?" I asked already knowing the answer.
"No, because we still need to get to know each other on a personal level." she replied. I shook my head yes and then gave her a kiss.
"Come on. We need to go pick out a casket and headstone." she said getting up. When I got up, we started to head to the door. She grabbed my hand and intertwined her fingers between mine. I smiled at her and pulled her a little closer to me.


Kimmi's P.O.V.

We got in my car and I drove to where my dad once said he wanted his casket from. We pulled up to a really fancy place, I was grossed out by what they sold though. Caskets, who would want to sell those. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked in the building.
"Kimmi, is that you?" I heard someone ask.
"Yeah." I replied looking at this person. She was about my height and my weight. She had long black hair and pink tips in the bottom, her eyes were lined with a lot of eyeliner and she wore clothes from Hot Topic. It was my cousin, Brittany. She was from Alabama and you could here it in her voice.
"Oh my god. Girl look at you. You haven't changed, except now you have a guy around your shoulder. Who is the fine young man?" she asked.
"Brit, this is Chuck, he is not my boyfriend, so don`t get any funny ideas." I told her.
"Chuck, this is my cousin Brittany." He held out his other hand to shake hers.
"Nice to meet you." they both said.
"Uncle Kevin's dream casket is ready to be shipped. We just need your John Hancock." she said. She had taken care of ordering the casket, I just had to fill the forms out. We filled the forms out and said good-bye to Brittany.

We headed back to Canada.
"Where do you want to go?" I asked.
"What?" he asked back.
"Do you want to go home or back to David's with me?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders.
"I guess back to David's. So, I can be with you so more." he answered.
"Okay, to David's it is." I said and headed that way. The whole way there, Chuck never once took his eyes off me. I pulled into David's driveway and we both got out.
"Should we tell them we are 'friends' now?" he asked.
"No, because then it would be official." I told him. So, that night we hung out with David and Toni, but then they had to go because tomorrow was my dad's funeral and I needed as much sleep as I could possibly get.


The next morning.

David's P.O.V.

I woke up and went to find Kimmi because I knew she wouldn't be too happy, seeing as it was her dad's funeral today.
"Good morning, sis." I said as I walked into her room. She was doing her make-up when I walked in.
"Good morning David." she said. She actually sounded happy.
"You sound cheerful." I said sitting down on her bed. The covers were all messed up, probably from tossing and turning. She was still in her pajamas and would remain that way until it was time to go to the church.
"Davey, are you really okay with me hanging out with your best friend?" she asked.
"Of course, I am dating his sister." I replied.
"Hey kids, breakfast is ready." my mom said appearing at her door.
"Okay, I will be down in a minute." Kimmi said.
"And guys, Chuck and Toni are here." our mom said then left.
"Come on. You're beautiful enough already." I told Kimmi.
"Okay, I'm done. Lets go." she said and got up. We went downstairs and you could smell waffles and bacon.
"Mmmm...bacon. My favorite." I drooled as we entered the kitchen/dinning room area.

"Dude, save some bacon for us." Toni said to me.
"Never." I said swiping hers. She didn't really care because she don't like bacon very much.
"Okay, I'm done. I need to go get my speech and my outfit on." Kimmi said standing up. Someone knocked on our door. She went and answered it before she want upstairs.
"David, it's Pierre and Seb. And they are creeping me out." she yelled. We all got up and went to the door.
"Why now?" I asked. We saw them smothering Kimmi to death.
"Guys let her go get ready so we can leave. Toni go get dressed." Chuck said. Toni walked back to her house. Toni and Chuck lived right next door to us. Chuck left shortly after that.

Chuck's P.O.V.

I went back home so I could sneak into Kimmi's room. Our roofs were so close that all I had to do was step off mine and onto hers. So, that's what I did. I knocked on her window softly and she came to answer me.
"Hello, Charles." she said. She had no shirt on and didn't seem to mind. I sure didn't.
"Can you give me a sec?" she asked. I shook my head yes, still shocked at what she was walking around like. She disappeared into her closet and returned with a long, beautiful, black dress on.
"It was my dad's favorite dress I owned." she told me. I walked to her and placed my hands on her face.
"Put a tiara on you and you would be a princess." I sweetly said. I was really trying to make this a good day, not just a bad one.
"Chuck you are to sweet." she replied. She gave me a kiss and I started to deepen the kiss, when someone knocked on the door.
"Kimmi, Pierre is on his way to go get Chuck and Toni so hurry up." Seb yelled through the door then walked away. Kimmi placed her head on my chest and sighed.
"Can't you stay?" she asked.
"I will be back shortly."
"Yeah, but then we can't do anything really. I mean today is a good excuse to be close." she said. I went back out the window and to my room.


At the church-Kimmi's P.O.V

It was half way through the service when they finally called me up to talk.

"Good evening. As you all know my name is Kimmi Marcett. My father, who up here lies dead, was an honest man. He built his company on trust, not lies like most business men. And he loved his family more than anything in the whole world. There was never a day my dad didn't seem to amaze me. He taught me how to play my guitar and sing. So, to honor him, I would like to invite Green Day up here on stage to play a song with me." I said. Tre, Mike, and Billie Joe all joined me up and stage and we started to sing "Wake me up when September ends."


Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends
Like my father's come to pass
Seven years have gone so fast.
Wake me up when September ends

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in our pains again
Becoming who we are
As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when September ends

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends
Ring out the bells again
Like we did when spring began
Wake me up when September ends
Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in our pains again
Becoming who we are
As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when September ends

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends
Like my father's come to pass
Twenty years have gone so fast
Wake me up when September ends


We looked around as the last note played. Everyone was crying and clapping. I don't think anyone has ever performed at a funeral. We walked off stage and I went back to join Chuck and David. Chuck placed his arm around my shoulder as I cried on his.

They dismissed us and I wanted to leave pronto.
"Come hang with us." David pleaded.
"No, I want to go home." I told him.
"I'll go with and make she gets there safely." Chuck said.
"Okay, no hanky panky." David said and left with everyone else. Did he know something? Chuck and I got in my car and drove back to my house. He came up in my room with me and as soon as I closed the door there was a pair of arms wrapped around my waist.
"I hate not being able to do this anywhere we go." he whispered. I turned around to face him and placed my arms around his neck.
"I hate not being able to do this." I said and gave him a kiss. We started to kiss more passionately and he put his tongue on my lips, he was begging for entrance. I allowed him too. As we made out in my room, he started too get antsy and he scooped me up and placed me on my bed, never once stopped kissing me. He took his lips off mine and placed them on my neck. We started to remove articles of clothing. Next thing I knew it was morning.
Sign up to rate and review this story