Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > This Circle Never Ends

Chapter Eleven

by HikkiHipKisser 3 reviews

Uhm.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-18 - Updated: 2007-02-19 - 770 words

1Exciting
Brendon's expression showed no look of being intimidated, nor did he look nervous. His eyes narrowed as he looked up at the source of the voice. Jon. He could barely keep his eyes on him without the sight of his face igniting the raging fire in his stomach. Jon's voice was like dirty velvet; smooth, casual, but never something anyone would want to wrap themselves around.
The silence was almost as suffocating as the words that wanted to splattered all over the hearts and heads in the small hotel room. Everyone knew what exactly to say, but didn't know how to roll upon the topics. Jon took a breath and, glaring at Brendon, repeated, "What are you doing? All over my girlfriend."
Poise and rationality never meant a thing to Brendon now. He hated Jon. He hated everything Jon was, but he had to admit, Jon had more talent than he was ever given credit to. He was an amazing actor, more than deserving of an Oscar. He was able to take advantage of Shelby's naivety and harness it like his favorite household tool. Brendon rolled his eyes, and simply replied, "Everything you didn't."
Jon was taken off-guard by his answer and replied, "So you thought that since I couldn't get in her pants, you would? What the hell?" Jon was furious and Brendon couldn't really understand why. Jon never gave a damn about Shelby from the start and everyone knew it now.
Brendon only released his embrace from Shelby and stood up, his long, thin frame mirroring Jon's as they almost stood nose to nose. He only gave him an incredulous chuckle. "I can't even believe you right now. You're, like, inhumane! My God, Jon." He shook his head. "First you cheat on her with almost every groupie in the United States, then you have the audacity to sit here and try to act as if it's nothing. Nothing." The tone in his voice sent chills running up and Shelby's spine, like an icy breeze had just filled the room. It was evident that Brendon was more than just a little angry. "But, I guess, everyone wants to know what the STD life is like," He continued, his voice dripping with sarcasm.
Jon's eyes narrowed, and immediately he turned to Shelby, "You don't believe him do you, baby?"
Brendon's eyes met hers and as she opened her mouth to speak, the lump forming in her throat erased any form of audible strings of words from coming out her mouth. Her mind rewound to the phone call, and everything that was said over the small electronic. She wished she would have gotten the girl's name. She shook her head slowly then abruptly got up, storming past the both of them. Brendon nor Jon knew exactly what she planning, so they shared a glance at each other.
She yanked open the dresser drawer and snatched out Jon's sidekick. In a burst of fury, she hurled it across the room at him. "At once," she said darkly. "I believed you loved me. But that told me otherwise. The bitch on the other line told me otherwise." The rivulets of salty water down her cheeks made it evident that whatever Jon hadn't crushed yet, had just begun to shatter.
She shook her head again, screaming through incredulous tears, "How could you Jon? How could you? Everything you ever said- how could you?" She repeated, over and over. Brendon watched her miserably, watching as Jon's silence tore her to pieces, watching her heart break and crumble. And all the while Brendon had ever opportunity to incriminate Jon, yet he pushed it aside. He scoffed under his breath; how ironic that what he tried to prevent ended up happening.
It seemed that inevitability was definitely in the forecast that day, and Brendon was the only one that knew it. A low thud ripped Brendon from his thoughts as he saw Jon sitting on the couch, Shelby still asking him why.
"What was it, Jon? Was I not good enough? Was I not-"
"Shelby." Brendon spoke up uneasily.
Shelby ignored him. "Was it because I'm not a slut?"
The glaze over Jon's eyes melted into a look that Shelby could read from a mile away. Her eyes widened slightly, then narrowed again. "That's it, isn't it? That's what this is all about!" She shook her head in disbelief. "You bastard."
Jon remained silent as he was found guilty, as charged. He knew now that there wasn't any line in the world, any string of words he could manage to stutter together to make her rational again.
Sign up to rate and review this story