Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > This Circle Never Ends

Chapter Ten.

by HikkiHipKisser 0 reviews

Ooh.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-18 - Updated: 2007-02-19 - 814 words

0Unrated
Inside the room, as soon as Shelby went back into the environment which she found out the secret Jon had been hiding, all she did was collapse onto the bed in tears. Brendon watched, guilt lined his eyes as he slipped Shelby's hand within his own and pulled her to her feet.
'What's wrong?' seemed too cliche for this situation, so he draped his arms around her and murmured, "What'd he do?"
Shelby looked up at him, question etching into her delicate facial features. It couldn't have been that obvious that Jon was the cause of her heartbreak, but re-thinking everything, it did. She sniffed and tried to swallow the lump in her throat before speaking, but every word she dropped came out in a blur that Brendon could barely comprehend.
He cupped his hands around her cheeks just to steady her gaze. "Shelby. Calm down." His eyes met hers, warmth spilling from his, tears spilling from hers.
"But I love him," She choked, fresh tears making rivulets down her cheeks. "I love him. And he can't do this to me, because it's not possible. Jon would never..."
Brendon blinked, but let her continue, trying to understand what she was trying to say, but so far she wasn't making any sense whatsoever. "Shel..."
But she rambled on, "No, I love him." She repeated, and kept repeating over and over. "I love him, this isn't happening." She wasn't losing it, wasn't in denial, just in disbelief. She was in disbelief that her everything would turn into nothing, at least nothing but a heartbreak. In disbelief that he could ever hurt her so, and in disbelief that he thought he was getting away with it.
"You found out?" He asked softly, wiping her tears with his thumbs.He knew that his tone would make it obvious that he knew as soon as he said it.
"Yeah," She sniffed, trying to smile at the feeling of him wiping her tears. "A girl... she called his cell phone." She choked.
Everything clicked in Brendon's head and he could just imagine the scene as it played in his head. "Oh..Shel.." He whispered, encircling his arms around her and pulling her close to him. "I'm so sorry."
"It's not your fault," She murmured, muffled by her face being buried in his shoulder.
He bit his lip, feeling guiltier than ever. He felt horrible that he sat back and watched it all happen, that he procrastinated on telling her the truth. At the same time he felt horrible for Shelby, he felt horrible that he had to make her through that. The more he thought about it, the more the pit sank in his stomach, like a lump in quicksand. Getting deeper and deeper, under his skin. He closed his eyes then opened them again. "I know..." he said, finally. "But no one deserves to go through a heartbreak."
"Ironic...because everyone does." Shel rolled her eyes. She felt stupid. She felt stupid that she had put Jon on this pedestal and he went along with it like she was playing a game, and it was worse that she was serious. She had given this man her everything; her heart, and her trust. She felt betrayed, that someone would be that cold-hearted. A fresh wave of tears crashed over her and she began bawling.
A sad sigh pulled itself from Brendon's lips and he held her tighter. Then he leaned back and cupped his hands around her cheeks. His eyes met hers again and he wiped her tears with his thumbs. "I know... I know..." he wanted to smile, he wanted to make things alright. He wanted her to be happy.
She went back to burying her face in his shoulder and at that point, he just let her cry. There was nothing he could say that would make her smile at the moment, and he knew it. He stroked her back warmly, and rocked her to at least calm her cries. He whispered sweet words of comfort into her ear and soon the room quieted down to Shelby just whimpering. And soon, even that stopped.
They sat in a consoling silence, Brendon still gently rocking, her locked in his embrace. Neither of them had any intentions of moving from the position they were in, and neither of them wanted to speak anymore of the topic they had just discussed. Brendon's lips still whispering warm words into her ear, Shelby took a moment to think about it. Brendon was an amazing friend to have. He was there for her right when she needed him at the most, and they weren't the closest of friends. Brendon was there. For her. Those thoughts kept replaying in her mind like a skipping cd. However, the cd stopped all together when her thoughts were broken by a, "Brendon, what the hell are you doing?"
Sign up to rate and review this story