Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > This Circle Never Ends

Chapter Nine

by HikkiHipKisser 0 reviews

Awww.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-18 - Updated: 2007-02-19 - 1329 words

0Unrated
"You know I love you right?" Jon asked, just above a whisper, but loud enough that Brendon could hear him. He didn't know if Jon was being intentionally smug with his tone, but he didn't really care.
"Yes," Shelby replied softly, smiling into the kiss that was about to come. Her answer almost crushed Brendon with the guilt he had be trying to suppress for days now. She needed to know, she deserved to know. But the thought of Shelby getting heartbroken was enough to keep the most important thing away from her.
Brendon was sickened with disgust, anger and annoyance. Jon was the type of person that didn't need what he got, and never got what he deserved, or at least it seemed that way to Brendon. But no one ever got what they deserved. Maybe Ryan and Spencer were right when they told him to stay out of it. But it wasn't his fault he overheard Jon. It wasn't his fault that Shelby was oblivious to Jon's actions. And it certainly wasn't his fault that everything Jon ever did to hurt her would come back to get him.
"Will you two just get a room?" Brendon rolled his eyes.
Jon smirked, winking at him. "We already got one." He looked at Shelby, nodding towards his hotel room. She smiled and he led her inside, shutting the door behind them. His arms slithered around her waist and his lips crashed to hers in a passionate collision as his hands crept down her jeans.
She broke the kiss, shuddering slightly under his touch. "Jon,"
His fingers found their way to her jeans zipper and before he could make another move, she pushed him away from her. "Jon." she repeated, more sternly this time. "What are you doing?"
"Come on baby," he pulled her closer to him, placing hot kisses on her neck. He leaned in close and breathed into her ear, "You know I love you."
She reluctantly pushed him off again, staring at him in disbelief. "No, Jon. I don't want to."
"You don't want to?" He repeated, his tone making it more than obvious he was wanting to say, 'What the hell?'
"No." she said firmly, shaking her head. "Baby, I love you but I'm just not ready."
"What?" he asked, almost as if he couldn't believe her.
She looked at him, crossing her arms. "I said no." She wouldn't let him know her heart was stinging.
He narrowed his eyes. "What do you mean 'no'?"
Shelby blinked, in disbelief he'd even ask. "As in I'm not sleeping with you, Jon."
He rolled his eyes. "Fine. You know what? That's fine, I'm leaving." Jon looked at her, then walked towards the coat, sweeping up his jacket, which was lying idly on one of the beds.
"Jon, wait..." she said softly, but he was already heading out the door. The door slammed and the sound stung at her heart even more, like an infection to a paper cut. "And he forgot his phone too..." she mumbled to herself, glancing at his sidekick sitting, content, on its perch on the night stand.
She sighed, and collapsed on a bed, wondering why all of a sudden Jon would pressure her like that. The tour was changing him, and it was becoming obvious that he wasn't the same. Maybe he just wanted to take their relationship to the next level, but still; Jon wasn't the type of guy to do things like that. He was a sweetheart, so considerate and sensitive. He cared about her, right? So why was his personality changing?
The electronic vibrating of his phone snatched Shelby from her thoughts and she quickly sat up, looking around for the source of the sound. The light on his sidekick screen caught her eye and she picked up his cell, looking at the screen. The caller ID read a number she didn't recognize and she answered it.
"Hello?" she asked, not sure of what to expect.
"Hey, baby, I think I left some of my stuff there. Can I pick it up?"
"Uhm... who is this?" Shelby's eyebrows furrowed as she tucked her hair behind her ear. She supported the phone against her ear with her shoulder and began to folded of Jon's shirts, which were thrown messily all over the floor; a habit she couldn't break. "I think you have the wrong number."
"No, I'm sure this is Jon's cell phone. Who is this?"
Shelby's eyes widened. "How do you know Jon? This is his girlfriend." She eyebrows furrowed again and she dropped his shirt onto the bed, crossing her arms across her chest.
"Jon doesn't have a girlfriend." the girl on the other line said crisply.
Shelby blinked. "What the hell are you talking about? I am Jon's girlfriend!" Then it hit her; there was no point in arguing with another woman when she should really be confronting Jon. "But I'm not about to continue this conversation or prove myself with you," she sighed. "Have a nice day." Before the other girl could say anything else or debate with anything she had said, Shelby hung up the phone, snatched open the night stand drawer and dropped his phone inside with a bible as its company and slammed it shut. She could hear the phone vibrating a few more times but ignored it.
Shaking her head in disbelief, the tears welled up in her eyes and the lump formed into her throat as she told herself not to cry over this. But she never listened to herself and collapsed to the floor in a mess of tears and cried, covering her face with her hands. She tried not to make her cries as audible as she felt like making them. She never knew what heartbreak was but she imagined that was what is felt like; the shattering of everything that ever made her happy, every 'I love you' and every lie Jon had dropped coiled around her heart like a snake squeezing the life out of its prey.
After she was finished spilling her emotion down her cheeks, she began picking herself up off the floor. She wiped her tears that smeared her eyeliner and dusted herself off. Where was Brendon? She figured he was in one of the hotel rooms and figured he was the closest and most comfortable to talk to at the moment. Slinging open the door she went to the room that sounded like Brendon's laugh had echoed from.
She knocked on the door twice just to be polite but after a few seconds she opened it. Ryan, Brendon and Spencer stopped from any previous conversation and stared at her.
"You should probably lock the door next time," Shelby choked locking eyes with Brendon who was sitting perched on the desk directly across the room. Ryan and Spencer looked back and forth between their friend and a girl they had only met only a time or two.
"I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation," She said quietly to Brendon as he approached her, "But I was really hoping I could talk to you."
Noticing the tears forming in her eyes Brendon nodded gently and wrapped a comforting arm around her shoulders. Assuming Jon had left, he led Shelby back to the hotel room he hadn't really stayed in at all since they checked into Chicago.
Spencer and Ryan watched Brendon and Shelby leave in silence. They heard Brendon unlock the door across the hall and close it behind him and Shelby. Neither Ryan nor Spencer understood what was upsetting Shelby and if there wasn't a hidden fear that whatever it was could affect the band they might not have cared. But they did care because they could hear her crying from across the hall and they too knew that it was because of Jon. By the time they dared to start their conversation again, both had forgotten any hint of what they had been talking about.
Sign up to rate and review this story