Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > This Circle Never Ends

Chapter Eight.

by HikkiHipKisser 0 reviews

Shel...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-18 - Updated: 2007-02-19 - 870 words

0Unrated
"You didn't tell him I was coming did you Brendon?" Shelby's voice rang in his ears. She looked at him, her eyes filled with question.
"No," Brendon shrugged, "You'd be surprised, I'm pretty good at keeping secrets."
Shelby laughed. She was just being nice, she didn't want to be standing in the hallway of that hotel with Brendon. Especially not when her boyfriend was on the other side of the door.
"I just haven't seen you in a while," Brendon lied.
"You just saw me yesterday." She replied coolly. Which was true, he had stopped by her dorm, to say hello.
"That was nothing," he joked, "I mean we really didn't talk." It was the first thing that came to mind. He knew it was lame but there wasn't anything else He could tell her without sounding suspicious. He knew Jon wasn't the guy she imagined him to be and he loved every second of deceiving her.
"Why don't we go for a walk?" Brendon suggested desperately wanting to get her out of that hallway. She looked disinterested, which was understandable. She was here to see the man she was in love with. The man she hadn't seen in weeks.
Jon often laughed at how she swooned at every phone call and hung herself on his every word. Brendon hated what he was doing to her. Shelby was beautiful but her insecurities just fed into his lust for power. She deserved someone who would love her. Who would be completely devoted to her. Brendon loved her, or at least he was starting to. He was devoted to making sure she didn't get hurt.
"Where did you say Jon was?" Shelby asked him as they walked along the crowded street. They were in Chicago. It was a long way from home for Brendon but Shelby she fit in perfectly. The ease at which she navigated the streets made it evident Chicago was where she belonged.
Although she would travel the world to see Jon. She would give up everything to be with him. Brendon had only known her a few weeks and he already knew her well enough to know she'd do anything Jon asked her to.
Pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose, Brendon tried to remember the lie he had told her earlier. He forced himself to meet her gaze when he spoke to her. She would know was he lying if he didn't. "He went with Ryan, to find food. They should be back soon."
Shelby smiled politely and asked that they didn't walk far from the hotel. Brendon could see the apprehension in her eyes. She never had been patient.
Brendon's cell phone chimed loudly in his pocket. He answered it with a smooth hello. It was Jon. He was full of questions. Where are you? Who were you talking to in the hallway?
"She sounded hot." He remarked. Brendon sighed. Jon hadn't recognized his own girlfriend's voice. Shelby was probably the farthest thing from his mind. He hadn't even told her he would be in town. Brendon made sure she knew just so she could surprise him. Mostly because it would make her happy. Someone was sure to be surprised.
Jon told Brendon his blonde from the night before had just left. That meant it was actually safe for Brendon to walk into the hotel room he was meant to share with Jon. Brendon glanced at his watch; it was almost noon.
"I've got a surprise for you." Brendon said into the phone. He was telling Jon just to warn him but he smiled at Shelby all the while. Her eyes brightened immediately. You could see everything in her eyes.
Brendon returned his phone to his pocket and placed his hand gently on the small of Shelby's back. He was oddly nervous to be touching her. "He's waiting for you."
The elevator rose slower than normal and a pit formed in Brendon's stomach waiting to get the seventh floor. He didn't want to see Jon's face when he saw Shelby. When he realized it was her. He was horrible at masking disappointment.
Brendon knocked hesitantly on the door. Shelby stood behind him trying desperately to hide her smile. All she wanted was to see Jon, to be close to him again.
He opened the door and smiled immediately noticing his girlfriend standing behind Brendon. Jon pushed him to the side. "Shelby!" He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck. "Baby, I missed you."
"I missed you too," She cooed running her fingers through his hair. He kissed her and Brendon turned away. He couldn't bear seeing them together anymore. Jon was using her, just like he used every other girl. You could see in most of their faces when he brought them to where ever the band was staying that night. Those girls, they knew. They knew they were being used. They knew that in a day or two Jon would be gone. Panic! At The Disco would be gone and they would be forgotten. Shelby didn't know. Brendon almost admired her for that. For always seeing the best in Jon. Shelby saw the best in the worst guy he knew.
Sign up to rate and review this story