Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > This Circle Never Ends

Chapter Seven

by HikkiHipKisser 2 reviews

Not too much I can say about this.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-13 - Updated: 2007-02-13 - 1828 words

0Unrated
"San Diego's show was pretty awesome," Spencer commented, watching as Ryan dabbed his cheek again to make sure his make-up was off. "But I don't think any city can compare to Las Vegas. That one was pretty crazy." He smiled, remembering how a fan threw roses and lingerie on stage. "All I saw was flowers and underwear all over the stage floor."
"Yeah, someone's pair landed on Brendon's hand when he was singing." Ryan laughed, turning away from the window, which he was using as a mirror.
"That was funny," Jon laughed. "The look on his face was priceless."
"That was embarrassing," Brendon sighed. "I didn't even notice they were on my hand until I looked and saw them on there."
"What's our next stop?" Spencer asked, lying on the couch Ryan was about to sit on.
"Chicago." Jon smiled. "My hometown." He grinned proudly.
Brendon opened his mouth to comment, but Ryan nudged him as he sat down next to him. He closed and sighed. "Isn't that where Shelby's from?"
"Yeah," Spencer chirped. "That is where she's from isn't it?"
"Yeah, Spencer." Jon glanced at Brendon before looking at Spencer. "She's from there. We met at her job there. But she's out of town so we won't be seeing her this time."
Brendon rolled her eyes. "You sure are disappointed, Jon." he said sarcastically. He knew that Shelby wasn't really out of town, but he chose to keep that from Jon.
"I'm too tired to sound more disappointed than I am." he smirked.
Brendon just looked away from him. The beautiful redhead was probably what tired him out, not his performance on stage.
Ryan and Spencer exchanged looks that said 'Are we missing something?' Which where both answered with confusion. Brendon nor Jon had ever said anything about the little spat they both had in the car, and both preferred to keep it that way for their own reasons. Jon, because he didn't need two more people getting in his business and Brendon, because he didn't want the band being mad at him for being nosy.
Brendon rolled his eyes at Jon, stood up and shook his head slightly. "If anyone needs me, I'll be back here." He walked past his band-mates into the room where the bunks were. He heard Jon murmur a, "What's his damage?" He could picture Ryan and Spencer shrugging honestly.
Laying down on his back in his bunk, he sighed to himself. The situation between Jon and Shelby was all he could find himself thinking about. He thought about it so much, he wondered why he was even contemplating it so much the topic on his mind. Jon, Ryan and Spencer, they were right; Brendon didn't know Shelby, he had no right to be in their business.
But, she was so innocent, and so naive. When she thought of Jon, she thought of perfection. She thought about a sweet, caring person that loved her to death when Jon barely thought about her, he barely spoke about her, he barely cared about her.
As he felt the bus roll to a stop, he rolled out of his bunk and on top his feet. He walked past the guys, who were having a light conversation about things Brendon didn't really care about, and looked at them."I have somewhere to be before the show starts, I'll be back later." With that, he stepped off the bus. He knew they were probably confused, or curious about where he had to go, but just like they had said not to get in Jon's business, he wasn't about to let them get in his.
As he walked the cool Chicago streets, he tried to remember the college Jon had once said she attended. He had been to Chicago a few times, and Jon had pointed the college out a couple of times. He navigated though the streets he was so unfamiliar with and pulled his hoodie over his head as he walked inside the college.
After giving a college student her name, he pointed the way to her dorm. He must not have recognized Brendon. He looked like he didn't listen to guys who wrote songs about divas, grooms brides, apathy and nitroglycerin, but Brendon shrugged it off; he wasn't an attention whore. He didn't need a whole crowd of people around him.
As he knocked on Shelby's dorm door, he shoved his hands into his pockets and rocked on his feet, nervously looking at the decorations on the walls, the color of the paint, all of the details that didn't matter.
As a young woman opened the door, he could hear her annoyed tone, "William if you knock on my door one more time..." When she opened it, her eyes got as big as golfballs, and her jaw dropped. "Oh my God, you're not..." She couldn't even finish her sentence. "Uhm, you're Brendon Urie!" She blushed slightly, and looked down; she just succeeded in embarrassing herself. "I-I mean..." she stammered out her cover up.
Brendon chuckled, understanding perfectly. "It's alright. Is there a Shelby here?"
"Who is it, Char?" Shelby asked, hearing her name by a voice she didn't completely recognize. Shelby soon appeared next to Char, and smiled. "Brendon, what a surprise."
Brendon smiled. "Can I come in? I mean, I'm sure she's not the only one who can make out who I am." He nodded towards Char, whose mouth was still gaping open, shocked that Brendon and her own roommate actually knew each other.
"Sure," Shelby giggled, gently pushing Char out of the way to let Brendon in. She closed the door and he took the time to look around. "Nice place." He smiled, looking at the beds. "Nice monkey." He grinned, pointing to the stuffed monkey sitting comfortably on a bed.
"Yeah, Gabriel's pretty awesome. Go ahead, take a seat." Shelby offered, gesturing to one of the beds. He nodded slightly and sat down on a bed, only to find a squealing Char who was clinging to Shelby. "He's sitting on my bed!"
"Well I didn't want to disturb the monkey." he grinned.
"And now she won't ever wash the covers again." Shelby chuckled. "So, Brendon, what brings you to my dorm, all the way in Chicago, when you live in Vegas?"
"Tour." he said simply. "Show's not until later, you guys are welcome to come by the way, and I decided to drop by to say hi." He could see Shelby's eyes light up.
"So Jon's here too?" she asked hopefully.
"Wait...Your Jon was..." Char blinked. "Oh my God, Shel! I didn't know Jon was J. Walk from Panic! at the Disco! Why did you tell me?! You're like practically a celebrity!"
Brendon chuckled uneasily at how her roommate was reacting to Jon, because if she knew him like he did, she wouldn't be so excited about it. "J. Walk," he repeated. "Yeah he's here. I don't know if he's still on the bus or whatever."
"Aww. I bet he's tired, playing all those shows." Shelby smiled proudly. "Maybe we could go see him later, huh, Char?" she looked at her.
"And meet...Panic? Meet Ryan Ross?" Char's eyes widened in disbelief. "I could possibly meet Ryan Ross?"
"Yeeah...except he prefers just being called Ryan." Brendon nodded. "But you get to meet all of them. Because Shelby is Jon's girlfriend."
"And Shel has never told me this." Char looked at Shelby, who smiled sheepishly. "But Char forgives her because Char gets to meet Ryan." She grinned.
"Does Char like speaking in third person?" Brendon asked, raising an eyebrow.
Char paused, then nodded. "Yes she does."
Shelby giggled. "So you walked all the way to our college just to say hi? I mean, its no trouble, you're always welcome to stop by whenever you're in town,"
"Incognito." Char added. "I mean, you're Brendon. You're going to get raped in Chi-Town."
"Uhm." Brendon chuckled. "But yeah I wanted to tell you something.." It took every ounce of courage he could muster just to get those words out.
"Probably to tell you how much J. Walk loves you and adores you."
"Uhm, no.." He saw the glimmer in Shelby's eyes and he held back a regretful sigh. He didn't want to bring this upon Shelby. Not when she was so happy and expecting him to put in a good word about Jon.
"Or about how Ryan is going to make that one face on stage! The one he makes when he's playing the guitar." Char beamed.
"Ryan makes a face playing the guitar?" Brendon blinked, but shook his head to get back on track. "I wanted to tell you that Jon-"
"Loves Shelby to death and would never do anything to hurt her." Char interrupted. "Because J. Walk is the sweetest thing ever."
Brendon had to stop himself, because the first thing he would have said was, "What the hell has he been telling you people?" But instead he gave a crooked smile and nodded, "Yeah, exactly."
"Awww," Shelby gushed. "That's so sweet."
Char raised an eyebrow. "O..kay then. You people sure are crazy about your relationships."
Shelby giggled. "I'm crazy about Jon."
Char made a face that caused Brendon to laugh. "We know, Shel. We know."
Shelby's cheeks turned pink with a light blush.
"Well, I should get back to the venue." Brendon said uneasily, not really wanting to leave, "They can't quite play the show without me."
"Are we going?" Char asked Shelby excitedly. Both girls looked apprehensively toward Brendon.
"Don't you want until tomorrow night's show?" He suggested. Char's face drained of excitement. Shelby's eyes filled with sadness, "That way I can get you on the VIP list, so you can meet Ryan after all." Brendon chuckled. A smile returned to Char's face but Shelby's expression didn't change. She hadn't seen Jon in weeks!
Brendon sighed as the girls walked him to the door. "Shel." He said quietly. Not because he didn't want Char to hear but because he knew he was only helping Jon hurt Shelby more. "You should come by the hotel tomorrow. It'll give you a chance to surprise Jon."
"Oh okay that sounds like a great idea! Thanks." She smiled at Brendon, opening the door for him.
He nodded, not really wanting to say anything else. He stepped into the doorway and smiled at the two girls. "See you tomorrow night." He smirked at Char and added, "I'll make sure Ryan will be expecting you."
She smiled, looking down at her socks then back up at him. "'Kay. Tell the band I said hi." She grinned.
He chuckled, nodding. "I will. Bye ladies." he smiled one last time, wishing that the smile pasted on his face was real instead of one he faked for Shelby. He had came to tell her about Jon, but he ended up feeling even more horrible about not telling her, but maybe some things were just better off left unsaid.
Sign up to rate and review this story