Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Now or Never

Chance

by Elfling 0 reviews

Tseng/Vincent Gonna be yaoi eventually, so if that ain't your bag, don't read "The assignment had gone badly, the target finding out about his tail before he could get the information."

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Tseng, Vincent Valentine - Published: 2007-02-26 - Updated: 2007-02-27 - 314 words

0Unrated
Squeenix owns, not I or there would be a whole lot more snogging going on.
Bunnied and betaed by the beautiful fireun

The assignment had gone badly, the target finding out about his tail before he could get the information. So now he was laid up in the hospital wing at headquarters, hoping that ShinRa would spare a healing potion so he didn't have to spend three weeks here just thinking of the havoc that Reno would cause unsupervised.

He had almost, almost fallen asleep when the shadows in the corner moved and had him wishing for his gun for a split second before he relaxed; only one person could have gotten in past security and through a locked door.

"You need to learn to duck," were quiet, calm words that slid through the room.

"I know." He stretched, or tried to wincing as the stitches pulled. A so-pale hand touched his shoulder briefly, a minute squeeze of the hand the only thing that belied the concern that had appeared for the space of a breath in the blood red eyes.

Next time he might not be so lucky.

Tseng reached out a hand, catching Vincent's hand as it left his shoulder and pulled him back to the bedside and down. He switched his handhold, cupping the back of Vincent's head to bend him close enough to press their lips together, ignoring the pull of the stitches as he watched red eyes widen in surprise, though Vincent didn't break the kiss. Instead, against all logic, it deepened, Tseng's hidden wants feeding the almost desperate loneliness that Vincent had hidden for eternity. They finally slipped apart, breath heavy.

Before he slipped back into the shadows, Vincent answered the unspoken question. "I will visit again tomorrow." and disappeared.

Tseng leaned back onto the too-hard pillow; three weeks hospital stay may not be too horrible after all.
Sign up to rate and review this story