Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars > Memoirs of a Freedom Fighter - 2

Memoirs 9

by Silverdragon 0 reviews

rimfire continues story telling...

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Published: 2007-02-28 - Updated: 2007-02-28 - 3666 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer, notes etcetera are within the last chapter of Memoirs of a Freedom Fighter, the first saga. No need to put them here again.

---

9. Sandstorm and time

---

Primer run to the back of the shelter and opened a chest. In a hurry she threw anything out, but didn't find what she was looking for, 'where is it! Where is it!?!' she screamed, 'Where!?'
'what?' Crowbar looked with her, 'What are you looking for?' the blonde Mouse always found what he was looking for.
'Binoculars.' Primer answered, 'I saw a sandstorm rising in the desert! I never saw one so big before' the blonde woman was stressed out due to the events and the loss of her brother, 'Where is it?!'
Crowbar got up and looked around in the mess Primer had made, 'here.' He used his tail to get the binoculars, but Primer grabbed it and hurt his tail with her sharp nails. 'ouch!'
As fast as she could she jumped over the cooking rocks and fell down on her stomach at the ridge of the shelter. From there, 5 metres above ground, she gazed to the dust rolling forward beneath, 'Were are you going to?' she whispered to herself as she scanned the desert with the binoculars, 'where are you going to?' Finally she felt the wind catching her hair. The sandstorm was approaching them as well! Rimfire would never make it in time. He was built to resist such storms, but Wirr? They had to come back before the sand storm would hit, or stay in the desert and sit it out. In her mind all sorts of thoughts run over each other to be the first with the solution, but none prevailed.

It took another ten minutes before the sandstorm hit the shelter. In that time, she had tried to radio her brother several times, but failed. The static was just to much and her messages wouldn't come through at all. Rimfire and Wirr were on their own now. She had to take care of her little group. Hidden underneath blankets in closed rooms with the motorcycles and guns she took care of a mourning Crowbar and two children who weren't happy about sand storms and whined from the moment it begun.

0.o.0

Wirr almost panicked when she found out that she couldn't breath at all. Sand covered her nose, eyes, ears and filled her mouth. Choking in it she threw up.
'Get down.' Rimfire supported her and covered her vomit. They would be here for a long time, 'get down and cover yourself...' with his arms and tail firmly around her he held her tight and close to the ground. Violent the wind yanked them and wanted to pick them up to toy with them. Rimfire took the cloth that covered her head and shielded both their heads with. He felt her shivering, her fear and all he wanted was to comfort her. He did. But what to do if your afraid yourself? Hardly was he out in a sand storm and certainly not in this one.
//Calm down... it's just a sand storm...// he sent to her, with his antennas against her forehead, //it will pass by// the same thing he would have said to a child, //don't be afraid... I'm sending to you./ /she shifted away from him, her eyes in fear.
'Every Mouse is telepathic...' he had to raise his voice to get over the raging noise from the sand storm.
She nodded, it made sense and she bowed her head again.
//here... let me show you sandstorms...// images of sandstorms, from his point of view, flooded her mind. The safeness of being in a shelter made her feel comfortable and forget about the angry sandstorm. She felt what he had felt once, in the safeness of his uncle's presence, or his grandmothers. Soon, she was off to sleep, while Rimfire covered them both. Akgh! This sand storm was taking it's toll on him. Almost all of his fur was ruffled and puffed and filled with sand... that's gonna hurt. Somewhere during the rage , he fell asleep...

0.o.0

Days passed by, and the sandstorm was long forgotten after a Martian week.

Somewhere someone cooked breakfast and was pleased to see his lady-friend eat it. She was hungry and ate as fast she could, but Rimfire slowed her down, 'slower... or else your brain thinks you haven't eaten a thing. And you'll feel ill afterwards.'
She did as told and ate slower than first. What was still to fast if you asked Rimfire, but she had slowed down already. Slowly he finished his own breakfast - for they wouldn't eat until the late night again. During daytime, it was dangerous to sit still and eat. Rimfire knew that, he also knew that Wirr had to get used to two meals a day or else she would have a date with her maker. He did all he could to make her get used to that. Strange, he thought, here I am, in the middle of the fucking desert with a human. And I'm about to teach her how to ride a motorcycle...

Rimfire had expected the worst when he saw her approach the motorcycle. How she sat on it was wrong already, how she started it was worse and how she took it outside was even the worst he ever saw.
He sat on his own motorcycle next to her, gave her instructions and showed her everything. Wirr listened to her new mentor and tried her best at the driving part. The first few times she got stuck into the sand of the desert, the third time she finally managed to drive off and kept driving for a while.

For some time, Wirr managed to drive in straight lines. Every time she had to make a curve, she stopped, gently adjusted the handles in direction of the curve, and drove off again.
'Try to manoeuvre!' Rimfire said to her through the microphone. Wirr nodded and gently adjusted the stirring handles. Before she even realized it, she crashed into the sand.
Rimfire revved up his motorcycle and found her face down in the sand. Angry, Wirr got to her feet before she spit out sand.
'Well... so much for stirring.' She grunted angry and tried to get the motorcycle back on its wheels again. Rimfire snickered and fell down laughing. All the attempts of Wirr getting the motorcycle back upon its wheels was so funny, he couldn't stop laughing. Angry Wirr kicked the motorcycle; Rimfire couldn't stop laughing at all.
'Thank you very much...' grunting she decided to walk back to the shelter. Rimfire's tail swirled around her left foot and held her there.
'don't go...' he had to swallow down some more laughter, 'don't...'
At least he saw her face, and she wasn't happy as he was. Quickly he apologized as he got to his feet and tilted her chin, 'I'm sorry... it's just... every Mouse learns to ride a motorcycle when he or she is very young. I was four years old. So... this is strange to me.'
'Then end it, you drive from now on. Please.'
With a sigh he embraced her, 'I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings...'
Wirr grabbed the pockets of his jacket and pressed herself against his body, 'Don't let go...'

A few minutes later, Rimfire helped her motorcycle up and showed her how to make curves. Quickly she learned that part. Then Rimfire showed her some large moving dunes. She had to climb those. He showed how and Wirr had to follow.

0.o.0

Nightshift watched both have fun. The binoculars in his helmet showed a fun sight, two youngsters riding motorcycles and having the time of their lives. He grinned, it was fun to see people having fun. NO matter what, he loved the sight - it reminded him of the old days when he was a wild reckless youngster like he was. He took of the helmet and ruffled through his long almost grey hair. Laughing soft to himself he thought that he had to retire by now. No way, he answered his own thoughts, no way that I retire. His black stealth motorcycle beeped annoying, she knew her warm blooded friend was doubting himself again. Nightshift knew that his motorcycle knew and patted her on the hood, 'Calm down love... calm down... No way I will retire.'

0.o.0

Rimfire adjusted his helmet as he gazed over the sand dunes of Mars. His motorcycle wasn't an AI what could survey the area while he battled or fled. On the other hand, Rimfire had a pretty good nose for trouble. He always fell right into it. Or Wirr.

She sped up as she climbed the large sand dune, finally she had reached the top and flew almost over it. Afraid of the sudden loss of sand underneath the wheels she lost control and fell straight on top of something soft and then hard. For a minute, everything was black with white sparks that burned behind her eyes.
'Ouch... that wasn't to good for poor lil' me.' Bruised she climbed onto her hands and knees and stared strait into the eyes of another Mouse. Dark brown fur with grey hair in a large pony tail, his deep blue eyes gazed back into hers with sudden fear of being found.

Both stared at each other, 'A human woman on Mars?' he finally said to himself.
Wirr wanted to shout and scream the lungs out of her body, but didn't. She fell back onto her butt with scared eyes before she got a hold onto herself.
'Well duh! If I am a Mouse, than you are a marmot!'
The grey haired Mouse busted into laughter: 'You're as charming as Charley!' and hick-upped when he almost chocked in his laughter, 'Me! A marmot!' he rolled on the sand laughing his tail off, 'Oh my you are funny!'

'Well, well, well... If that ain't good ol' Stoker.' Rimfire stopped at the top of the sand dune and gazed at the strange looking picture in front of him, 'Didn't ya mama learned not to scare off ladies?' He smiled, for he always suspected it, but now he knew for sure: Nightshift was Stoker.
'My mama didn't learn me nothing! She learned me how to fight!' Stoker got a hold onto himself and climbed onto his feet, while Wirr still sat on her flat butt in the sand.
She hardly understood one thing that happened here, 'What in the world is goin' on here?' she wondered loud, 'Rimfire?' Both male Mouse gave a her funny smile.
'Wirr, this is our most famous General: Stoker. Stoker... this is my friend Wirr, niece to Charley and bad ass driver.'
'I saw that!' Stoker blinked at her and whipped his bionical tail, 'I saw that... you're good, but need a little lesson.'
Wirr was still flabbergasted and rose slowly to her feet. Stoker saw her, not just a human, but a young woman. He was fond of young women but never touched them. Somehow she was different from other women. All women wanted to wear skin tight clothes for some reason - a reason he liked - but Wirr didn't. Her jacket hung loose around her shoulders and was held together with a large black belt with a knot. The sleeves were held in place around her arms with wristbands and two sheaths for her sai. The same for her trousers: long and loose around her hips and legs and held in place with ankle bands. He couldn't see the shapes of her body, nor the way she moved. He couldn't predict a movement at all and was quite surprised when she strode off towards her motorcycle.

'Sorry Stoker... she's kinda new to Mars.' Rimfire rubbed the back of his head, 'I didn't tol' her everything yet.'
'That's because you're too shy when she's around.'
Rimfire stared at him dazzled, 'Yeah punk, I followed both of lately. She's wilder than you are but you don't see it because you're head is in the clouds!' He ruffled Rimfire's hair and hugged him, 'Damn... you're the first Mouse I saw in days. And I like it.'


0.o.0


The three bikers drove south of Mars, to somewhere Nightshift believed Rimfire hid. All sorts of questions run through his mind. Stoker was believed to be missing and probably on Earth but none expected him to be here, right under their noses on mars, disguised as Nightshift. He fought for them Mice and sometimes helped out the cats. But the strange thing was, that them Mice could always defeat those darn cats with one hand tied behind their backs and a knot in their tails. With questions in his eyes he watched his uncle's mentor drove off. Wirr followed while Rimfire was last. Rimfire could see she was insecure and afraid of everything that happened right now. She had all reason to be afraid. And he allowed her to be afraid. When this day was over, she wasn't allowed to be afraid anymore...


0.o.0


A few days passed by while Stoker taught Wirr to drive a motorcycle through the sand dunes properly. She knew how to drive one, but now needed to learn how to fly one. And fly she did.

Rimfire was proud of her. All this time they had managed to stay out of the cat claws and out of trouble. And now she flew over the dunes while his uncle's beloved and lost mentor taught her everything he knew. Of course she had to be tested in battle, but she was almost as good as Stoker. Or so he told himself, for she wouldn't stand a chance in battle.

Wirr slept that night like a baby, tired of driving around and listening to Stoker. But in her dreams she still drove the motorcycle. Rimfire hoped so, for if she would enter battle, she'd be dead.
'Wasn't the wisest idea to bring her here?' Stoker said by the puzzled look upon Rimfire's face, 'She can drive, but I think due to her clothing and weaponry, she is more fitted for stealth.'
Rimfire exhaled sharply, 'What do you mean?'

'You know very well what I mean. Your friend Wirr will die at first battle.' Someone else stepped out of the darkness of the shelter. Wirr got up in a second and drew her blades, hissing like a cat, 'If she won't die due to the cats, she will because of the army. The Generals have heard of a young human woman running around on this world with a strange outfit and even stranger weapons.'
'They have to get passed right through me if they want to lay eyes upon her.' Rimfire growled, 'I'll guard her.' Stoker smiled at those words, and made no remark. Wirr would for sure die at first battle.
'Well...' Stoker said after a few minutes, before they reached the shelter again, 'I gotta go. Just don't tell me that I've been here... please.' Wirr nodded, just like Rimfire and before both could say their goodbyes to him, he was off and away. Like he came. Back to nothing.

0.o.0


The day had been hard and long. Rimfire snuggled close to her on the floor. The beds were taken by the others, and even the children slept in separate beds. Soft she felt him touch her neck with his nose...

Damn... Wirr wasn't sure she was up to this. From all the things that could happen, this was the one thing she had tried to prevent from the day they had met. From all feelings she had pushed that one feeling back into a lonely place in her mind, where it wouldn't hurt anyone or anything. But it had gotten stronger there and every minute she saw him, that certain feeling got stronger and stronger.

Now that he held her in his arms and cuddled her, the feeling pushed away her mind and took over. Wirr battled it but felt that her mind lost. Her heart took over...

Rimfire smiled and held her close. Though she was human, she was both strong and beautiful. Every part of her body dazzled him. Even her never stop thinking mind dazzled him. Somehow, he felt her relax; she rested her head against his shoulder and her hands lay loose on his biceps. He nuzzled her thick purple hair and held her even stronger, 'Don't ever do that to me again. Don't ever hurt yourself like that anymore... don't hurt me like that anymore.' Underneath his grip, she felt him shaking, 'Don't ever do that to me again.'
Wirr stirred slowly, 'I wont... promise...' she gave him her infamous sad smile and kissed his cheek, 'Never again.'

Rimfire wanted to shout at her, but instead of shouting, he zeroed in and kissed her. Something hit his mind that this shouldn't be right or something like that, but he shove that thought aside.
Just a small kiss... he didn't dare to go further. What if she rejected him or worse? Kicked him in the balls? Hoping for the best he gently rubbed her arms

All the bad thoughts were thrown aside when Wirr took over and kissed him back. This one was longer, he could feel her soft lips softly massage his own. When she broke, their noses bumped. Silly, he thought, here I am, kissing a human and I don't give a damn. Rimfire pulled her close and held her tight as if she was the last thing on this world to hold on to.

Indeed, for his world, she was.

0.o.0

Neither did care whether someone would hear them or not. For them, this was just to much fun. Giving each other the entire time winks and blinks and sudden "unexpected" touches by tail and hand. Primer and Crowbar had seen it, but both pretended that no one noticed.

Rimfire held her so close, so close that Wirr could hardly breath. 'Tell me that you love me.' He snuggled his nose in her hair while he held. Her shoulder blades stuck in his chest as she tried to free herself from his tight grip.
His strong arms almost carved into her waist; she tried to free herself, 'If you give me some air, dear Rimfire, I will tell you!' she gave him her wicked smile he loved so much. With a last snuggle in her neck that unleashed a small giggle, he let her go hoping for her answer.
But Wirr didn't stay, she run off, laughing at him and swirled her hips when she was just a few meters away from him.
Immediately he wanted to get back at her and grab her. His beloved price run off, something he didn't want to happen.

Gracious as ever she jumped from rock structure to rock structure and climbed onto everything just to stay ahead of Rimfire. He followed her just to get her back in his arms where she belonged. Wirr wanted some time alone with him, some time alone to do things not meant for children's eyes to see, neither for the two elders...
Rimfire was a less gracious than Wirr was, but managed to climb up rocks faster and finally got a hold on to Wirr somewhere in a rocky valley.

They followed each other around the natural rocky structures of the desert; both left tracks that even a child could follow.

Rimfire had to admit, she looked stunning. Even in the black attire that she called a budogi. He wondered how get her out of that. Both stood still in a little dune valley, her hands in his. He was hardly tired, Wirr's chest went up and down rapidly as she tried to catch her breath, her lips slightly parted to breath more easier.
This was a perfect picture to him; Wirr in a Japanese black outfit, her hear in a braid almost falling out and huffing from their little playtime.
A little bit unsure, he let go of her hand and tilted her chin. He found out that Wirr was a little unsure of herself too. For a minute he gazed in her eyes and saw the same stars he saw when he gazed into them for the first time.
Both... unsure... only once kissed and only once followed their hormones. Wirr was the first to break this moment; as she went tip-toed she kissed him slowly on the mouth. Rimfire closed his eyes as her lips touched his... what he felt was new to him... all of his hormones just burst out like an explosive device and he didn't know what hormone to follow. Except for the one standing in front of him.
He savoured the kiss, imprinting it in his mind, savouring her scent and taste of her rosy lips.

Above the young couple shone the stars, ever so bright. Dark blue eyes gazed back at them. Rimfire lay on his back in the sand, soft snores came from him while he slept. Wirr turned her body and lay her head on his chest. The night would be cold and she snuggled up to him closely.

0.o.0

Crowbar smiled when the young couple got back. No explanations would be demanded; he understood what happened. Crowbar only smiled at Rimfire and Wirr and gave both a meaningful wink. Rimfire grinned wide and Wirr hid her already red face behind his shoulders. He loved to tease them both a little, so it wouldn't be noticed. Primer giggled soft and hugged her brother while whispering something only meant for his ears.

'they were away, right?' Primer asked Crowbar, 'or was I mistaken?'
Crowbar gave her a meaningful look, 'I know what they did.' He smiled wide, 'If I can't change it that she's here, I have to accept it. Besides... He has to meet someone sooner or later. Don't ya think Primer?' The blonde Mouse nodded and went out to check on her little brother.

0.o.0

TBC

R&R please?
Sign up to rate and review this story