Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars > Memoirs of a Freedom Fighter - 2

Memoirs 10

by Silverdragon 0 reviews

rimfire continues story telling...

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-28 - Updated: 2007-02-28 - 4625 words

0Unrated
---

10. About Mars and Mice

---

'Charley calling Biker Mice, Charley calling Biker Mice, come in bros'!'
'Wow... you can't leave us alone at day, now you can't leave us alone at night! What's next, ya livin here or somethin'?' As usual Vinnie answered the radio in his own cheery attitude.
'Is Rimfire with you?' Charley just asked without waiting for another cocky reply. Something told Vinnie that there was something very wrong.
'What? Rimfire ain't here.' He answered while looking around, maybe Modo had brought him here or so? Nope, Modo was alone, bringing home root beer and hotdogs. 'Hey Modo! Rimfire with you?'
Modo looked around while he placed the trays of root beer and hotdogs on the table, 'nope, he's not. Something wrong?'
Now Vinnie was alarmed, Rimfire missing is one problem, Modo worried is another problem - perhaps even worse.
'Any places he can be?' Charley wanted to know, 'For he is not here.'
'Maybe he is off with Wirr or so? It's obvious that the two are very close.' Throttle took over the radio.
'That's the point Throttle. Wirr only took her budokai and weaponry with her. And there is no game or show in town.'
'That leaves only one option. Ronald Rump Tower.' Throttle said firm, 'We'll scoop this out Charley. And if Ronald keeps them imprisoned, we'll set them free.'
Modo still didn't get it at all, but he smiled growling, 'If he has my nephew, he has to meet the uncle as well... and I'm not the nicest person around when it comes to that man...' and caressed his arm cannon with the image in his mind of Ronald begging for his life. All saddled up and hit the pedal to the metal as Throttle roared:
'Rock and ride!'


0.o.0


Halfway down to Rump Tower, Throttle said to the worried uncle, 'Go to Charley, stay there and protect her in case of something happens or goes wrong.' Modo wanted to protest, but a firm look from his leader made he followed the order. If Ronald indeed held Rimfire and Wirr captured, a worried family member would only mean more trouble than help.
Throttle wasn't so happy to let Modo go to the Last Chance Garage, his grey furred bro' was always a good help in battle, but not today. Something was wrong, and though he felt it, he didn't know what it was.

As Vinnie and he drove up the walls of the Rump Tower, he could only hope that both were still alive. Crashing through one of the windows, they found themselves in an empty room...

Ronald always liked overdoing it. Fancy designed office with oak wooden furniture, state of the art technologies and exclusive modern art paintings made by some lunatics who claimed it was art - it was just junk, miserable junk. Even Vinnie had his own favourite Earth artist: Karl Bang.
The high ceiling made this place look like a circus. Only the fat clown was missing.

Vinnie opened his visor, 'Ooooooh Ronaldoooooooooooh!' He sniffed the air, made a terrible face and shouted: 'Piuew! It smells here!' Vinnie wavered his hand before his nose in an useless attempt to keep the stench of death out of his nose. He closed his helmet again and was thankful for the air filters in it. 'It smells like something died in here 40 days ago!'
'Well...' Throttle exclaimed when he drove careful around the table, 'something did die in here...' He gazed at the dead body of what once was a woman, 'I think Ronald rump's secretary died in here.' Vinnie followed him around and gazed at the deceased body, 'it doesn't look like a woman anymore... was it one?'
The body was in a far state of decomposing, beyond recognition. Only the blue skirt and the high heels gave way that this was once a woman or a drag queen.
'how long is she dead?' Vinnie wondered, 'and what killed her?'
Throttle took a few tissues from the desk in the middle and touched the dead body, 'nice fine slice through her neck, from left to right. This person is right handed. And I don't think that this slice is made by a normal blade... to fine.'
'That you dare to touch that dead thing!' Vinnie yelled in frustration, 'It's disgusting! Don't forget to shower at least five thousand times before you even touch your food!'
'Quiet! Something tells me that the person who did this, isn't so far away.' Throttle figured that since the body was here for so long no one noticed. So the person who did this, must still be around to prevent this from coming out.
'Stay on your guard, shoots anything that moves, even if it includes Wirr and Rimfire.'
'Modo ain't going to be happy about it.' Vinnie sang to himself, 'he'll be mad.'
'So be it. We're in one big giant Mouse trap here. And that thing that killed this woman is still here.' He growled low and prepared his laser for firing. His motorcycle anticipated to him and took out the lasers. Humming soft to her owner she scanned the surroundings with an infrared scanner.
Vinnie drove around the enormous hall, only to find another dead body. According to the clothing and what hair was left on the skull, he could only judge that this was Ronald Rump himself. And in a very far state of decomposing.
'there's some activity on the fiftieth floor, not much. She didn't found Rimfire....' Throttle said to his bro, who was sad. There was no pleasure in bringing this man to justice anymore, for he met his maker a long time ago.
'Whoever is there, he or she will answer to us!' Vinnie smacked his fist in his hand with a grim look, 'and will set them free!'

Driving up the stairs both were ready for battle. But never did they expected to find this...

'Well well well... it looks like two of the three Mice are here...' Cataclysm stood in front of them in the stair case, 'Were is the third?'
'Not here...' Throttle growled, 'why is the secretary of Rump dead?'
'I didn't know you were so concerned about your enemies secretary? In love with the dead woman?' the gigantic cat smiled at him, baring his teeth at him. Cataclysm was already processing this new information in his brain, 'Sorry for your losssssssss....' He hissed slow and dangerous.
Throttle narrowed his eyes, 'Why is Rump dead?'
'So.... From straight you go to gay? Or are you looking someone for your white friend over there? Or are you even more dirty? A foursome?'
'Stop your sexual insults. Where is he!' Throttle growled angry, crossing his arms over his massive chest, 'Why!'
'You really want to know? You can ask him yourself, if you want to, you'll be able to meet him soon.' From the corner of his eye he saw something shiny flying through the air and approaching him with high speed. Throttle tried to dodge it, but it hit his left upper arm.
Vinnie shot another one from the air, 'What are those?'
'Flee!' Throttle said to his friend, 'whatever happens, flee!'

This wasn't their favourite word at all, flee. For these two tough biker Mice, it was even worse. Never did they had to flee from a fight, never did they had to escape like this.
Vinnie revved up his motorcycle and saw that Throttle's motorcycle did the same. Her owner couldn't use his left arm anymore - with one hand to the handle bar he prevented himself from falling off.

Silver shiny little round things dashed through the air, but the two motorcycles shot them from the sky like target practise. Vinnie saw in his rear view mirror a dark shadow, following them around. He was fast and strong, but Vinnie was better, so he thought. Every time he tried to take it down, it dodged or disappeared. Growling in frustration, they shot their way out of the tower. The two motorcycles corrected their free fall into a controlled jump. After minutes sailing through the air, they landed and made their way to the Last Chance Garage, where Modo and Charley waited for them, worried for their family.

Both shot up, like stung by a bee. Throttle shook his head and caressed his wounded arm, blood run down from the entry wound, 'something charged us...' he barely whispered, 'something...'
Modo rushed to his side as he fainted just in time to catch him.
'This thing...' with his bionical arm he squeezed Throttle's arm until the blood flow stopped, 'this thing didn't hit his main artery, but it made him bleed long enough to faint.' Modo did his best to extract the shiny object from his friends arm and finally succeeded in it. Throttle hadn't even got enough strength left to grunt in pain he just let it happen...

'What happened Vinnie?' Charley wanted to know, worried about her niece and Modo's nephew.
'Ronald Rumps secretary is dead. And Ronald is dead either. We found Cataclysm somewhere up the fiftieth floor, and before we knew it, we were under attack. Our bikes got us out of here, not me nor Throttle, for he was hit. Man... I have to admit, I was afraid!' Vinnie begun slow, but ended yelling about his fears.
Charley careful shaved some fur from Throttle's left arm, near the wound, and begun stitching it. It wasn't deep, but it hit some veins that made him bleed till he fainted. He wouldn't like that little bald spot, but Charley thought that he would like to keep his left arm attached to his body.
'What was that thing anyway?' Modo played with the shiny little star like blade.
´Wirr would know what it is... I remember her calling it a shiruken or something... ninja-star as us Americans would say.' She cut the wire and bandaged Throttle's arm, 'so... good as new.'

With now Throttle sleeping in the guest room, Charley was ordered to stay upstairs with the bros, while the three motorcycles guarded the garage downstairs. Neither were happy about this situation and neither would let anything happen to Charley. Modo and Vinnie knew Throttle way to well. The last time that they were captured on Mars, the incident were Modo lost his arm, Throttle kept feeling guilty for that for days. If something would happen to Charley right now, Throttle would be unstoppable, driving up to Cataclysm and kill the darn Catatonian. With the drapes closed and the doors shut, they were truly trapped like Mice.


0.o.0


One hour back in time...

The shadow stopped dead in his tracks, for both motorists left before he could even take on of them down. The tan furred one was his prey, the white one was too hard to control even though Cataclysm wanted the white furred one. But there was something strange about them. Neither were human and neither of their motorcycles were earth designs as well. Something was very wrong here. But it wasn't his place to ask questions. How ironic, he thought, a war between Cats and Mice... And I am in the middle of it. Now... Wirr... Where are you?
He oversaw the city in the darkness of the night and found two tail lights heading for a small garage somewhere hidden between sky scrapers. He sighed, if these two lived there... that was the Last Chance Garage, the place the police officer spoke about. Wirr must be there. So... he would pay that place a little visit.


0.o.0


'Rimfire is gone either... I don't know where to.' Modo sat down on the couch, 'He's... He must have taken her with her, I guess.' Vinnie exhaled, 'I'm sorry bro.'
The big grey furred Mouse closed his one good eye and exhaled loud, 'I knew it. I knew it.' Suddenly he got up and kicked the table to the other end of the room, where it scattered and nearly hit Throttle.
Throttle would notice that when he would wake up, the tan furred Mouse with the sultry voice was still sleeping. Sleep healed even the most deadly wounds. Careful Vinnie uncovered his bro from the wood and tugged him in again, 'Careful with our bro Modo, or else you will kill him.'
Modo sighed and stood up, 'I need a ride.' He growled low and angry.
'Not a chance.' Charley said to them, 'the motorcycles are restless... someone is downstairs.'
'Rimfire?' Modo asked hopeful, but when all heard gunshots, they knew Rimfire couldn't be downstairs.

The motorcycles acted on their own. Lil' Hoss took the lead and fired, but missed unfortunately. The dark shadow she was chasing around and tried to fire from the sky was to fast for her. Sweetheart, the black motorcycle, tried better. And the red motorcycle... just like Vinnie... well... we shall not discuss her attempts here...

'My garage!' Charley shouted in horror, 'My way of life! My job!'
'Sorry Charley!' Vinnie said to her, 'Now.. be quiet.' He took out a laser gun, 'whatever is downstairs, it now knows we are upstairs.'
Charley held her tongue as told and waited for them to make a move.
Modo's arm canon was fully armed and loaded, 'whatever happens, you are now the last line of defence. As long as Throttle is down, guard him.' He handed her another laser and shove her to the back, where Throttle was still out. For the first time she would be in battle, and she wasn't going to like it.

The noise downstairs ended slow, and suddenly even the motorcycles were quiet. Modo decided that when the thing downstairs knew about their presence upstairs, it wasn't any wrong to find out what happened downstairs, 'Lil' Hoss, situation?' The motorcycle begun to beep long and loud, until the entire story was told.
'Well bro?' Vinnie asked him, 'What happened?'
'A dark shadow, according to Lil' Hoss comparable to Wirr but male this time, charged. He left the same way he got here, through the window, but due to the fire fight downstairs, a mess is left behind. And your motorcycle has a flat tire.'
'what?!' Vinnie felt like fainting right now.
'sorry bro... just trying to light the spirit here...' Modo grinned wide.
'well... it ain't working.' Vinnie grumbled, 'ask Lil' Hoss where that thing is now.'
Modo did and got a disturbing answer, 'he's up the roof. And Catatonian Troops have surrounded the garage...'

'Just like the old days, neh?' Vinnie sounded as if he was defeated, 'we've been through wars... pain... loss... everything you can imagine and everything you can't imagine. All I had dear was stolen from me, and all I didn't had dear was stolen from me either. I'd rather be buried in the shit of a sabre squid than to give up now!'
Modo sighed, Vinnie was a handful in situations like this but he could use a handful right now. Both had people to defend, and neither would let them down!

Guarded by the motorcycles, Charley hid in the corner, shielded by Lil' Hoss. She oversaw the garage - a true mess... like a war had been fought out here... Everything she had bought and saved and repaired and loved for so long, was gone. She felt like crying but no tear came from her eyes.

Modo lowered Throttle's unconscious body down, Vinnie took him and placed him on the floor. Quickly Modo followed, 'we need to get out of here...'
Vinnie gave Charley a sad look, 'likewise bro... whereto? Charley will hate it to leave this place.'
'Is there a choice?' Modo wanted to know, but someone else could answer that question. 'Charley... you decide.' Modo walked over to her, 'whereto?'

'Does it matter? Wirr is gone... probably followed Rimfire... my garage is a mess and I lost my way of life. My incomes and my job...'
Modo hugged her tight, 'I'm so sorry Charley ma'am, but it's not safe here anymore. You and I know that this time would come eventually. And now it's here. We have to leave... do you know a place safe on earth?'

She hung her head and her shoulders, 'there is no place safe anymore... if these Catatonians will not be defeated like the Plutarkians were, Earth will no longer be safe either.'
Vinnie felt sorry for her, 'If Mars has become as dangerous for humans as Rimfire told us, than there is no place for Charley either.'
'but what if Wirr is there?' Charley whispered, 'she will be in danger too...'
'Want to get her out of that mess?' for a second Vinnie thought they had lost Charley, that she would hate them for this all.
'No matter what...' she slowly begun, 'Plutarkians or Catatonians, in the end even this would be invaded and the governments overthrown by sheer power and the will of humans to reign over other people and to gain power of their own. It doesn't matter anymore... so why not take the enemy down on your territory. Besides... your people needs you...'
'you don't sound convinced at all... Charley? You really want this?' Modo wanted to know from her.
'Is there a choice? Besides, the longer we wait, the more time they have to surround us completely and unfold their plans.'
Modo nodded, 'I'm so sorry, but there is indeed no choice at all. We head home... for Mars.'

'Ow.... Something must have hit me on the head... or I was really drunk last night....' Throttle shivered and tried to sit up but fell back. Vinnie caught him before he hit the ground, 'hey bro. How ya feelin'?'
'Like overrun by a train...' this brought a smile to Charley's face and she lit up the dark garage with her giggle. Vinnie smiled at the sight.

Vinnie prepared his trip back to Mars. Earth had to wait. For as long as he cared, there was only one Cataclysm Cat lover here on earth and with the right ammo, he would be able to destroy the Rump tower. But that had to wait, at first they needed to go through the transporter. That machine would take them back to Mars. Damn... he would miss the peace and quiet here, just like the hot dogs and the root beer and the fun and the girls... But he hoped that he would never have to loose Charley...

The tan furred Mouse Throttle sighed and looked around the garage. For a moment he blinked a tear away and got back to his work. He needed to find Rimfire, Wirr and Carbine back on Mars. Just like he needed to find Harley. Rimfire and Wirr to deliver them back to their respective families and Carbine because he loved her. Damn! He still loved her after all these years. How long was it since he had seen her? Would she still recognize him? How would she be changed? Would she still be alive? Too many questions to answer right here, right now. But he was able to answer one: He was coming home!

Vinnie sat next to Throttle on his red racing motorcycle, thinking about both Harley and Charley. He hoped with his entire heart that Charley wouldn't go missing up there on Mars. He couldn't pack anything... only his memories about this place. The riding through the streets on his red motorcycle, the kick he would get from driving up the sides of buildings and the cries he managed to draw from Charley's throat when she sat behind him on the red racing motorcycle. He would miss that the most.

Modo exhaled, when he was on Mars, he would stay there. How would he ever repay the damage to Charley's poor table? He could never. Slowly he moved towards his Lil' Hoss, who greeted him with joy and enthusiasm. A few pets on the hood of the computer inside calmed the happy motorcycle down. He'd miss this place for sure; as he gazed around he felt as if he spent a life time here on Earth.
'Is it just me, or will we all miss this place?'
the silence from his bros' answered that question.
'yeah... we'll miss this place.' He smiled softly, sad, 'We'll miss this place.'

Charley came down in her riding outfit, tight leather and a helmet designed by Throttle so she would have the same advantages they had. Now she would see Mars as they saw Mars when driving through the dunes. Once she had been there, but now, she was going there for real. With pain in her heart Charley waved her already destroyed garage far well, 'Shall we go, before we all break down in tears?'

Throttle nodded and started his engine. The roars of the engine filled the garage, for one last time. Modo's engine followed, a deeper sound of roar. Charley's followed and so did Vinnie's. The roars filled the garage like Christmas songs in a church, 'Rock and Ride!' Throttle shouted and broke through the garage door as he hit the pedal to the metal...

Throttle remained near Charley as Modo and Vinnie fired their way out of Chicago with tremendous force. All the Catatonian Troops on Earth were set in to catch the Mice. Skilled fighters, but none were strong or skilled enough to defeat the Mice. Throttle had the suspicion that Vinnie took some form of revenge for Charley's destroyed garage since he was more aggressive than ever.

The guys followed, Charley drove close to Throttle who guided her through the streets. For once, the guys were not wild or cheerful. She could see the buildings she passed by at high speed. The buildings she would never see again. This was the last time she would see Chicago ever.

'Ready to go up?' Throttle smiled, accelerated and made his way up by the outer walls of the Rump Tower. Charley followed, followed by Vinnie and Modo who covered them. All were sad, but happy in the same time. They went home. Charley was sad, she would leave home forever. Because, when the Rump Tower was destroyed and Ronald dead, she would have no chance of ever getting home with Wirr. On the other hand, did she wanted to get home? The garage was still there though all the machinery and tools were destroyed. But who cares.. she still had a reason to go home if she wanted to.

Finally they reached the roof of the Rump Tower, 'to get down the stairs without hurting the family jewels is the trick...' she heard Vinnie mumble softly to his motorcycle, 'You'll save them right?'
Charley sighed, 'Far well Chicago... I'll miss you.'
Throttle could see the Last Chance Garage from here, 'Miss it already...' His normally so green shades turned orange when a fireball rose to the skies. A loud explosion was heard a second later.
Modo, Charley and Vinnie turned to where Throttle stared at, 'The Last Chance garage!' Charley shouted, 'My garage!'

In shock they gazed at the disappearing fireball and the smoke from the burning garage. It was beyond saving already. It was gone now. In the distance all could here the sirens of the fire brigade, the police and the ambulance, which were on their way to the garage.
'whoever did that... it's not important anymore. Probably a insane Cat or something.' Throttle exhaled, 'We will take revenge for your garage when we arrive at Mars. Now... downstairs to the 50th floor were the transporter is. We... we go home.' The wounded leader was back in the saddle and quickly ordered them around.

A deep sigh came from the throats of Vinnie and Modo. Finally, heading home.


0.o.0


A man in a black outfit stood on the roof of a nearby building, while the fire brigade tried to extinguish the fire raging down in the garage. A special team searched for survivors, but the man in black knew that there was no one in the garage left. Not even a Mouse. He moved back and made his way through the streets to nearby lake, where a giant space ship waited for him. When he got aboard, the ship disappeared into the darkness of the night...


0.o.0


The grey Mouse on the blue motorcycle took his helmet off and inhaled the sweet Martian air. 'Aaaah!... it's good to be home! Don't you think Lil' Hoss?' The motorcycle hummed soft in the light of the Martian sunrise. Behind him stood Throttle and smiled soft while the morning wind rustles his furry crest and Vinnie who enjoyed the sight of the red sand dunes. But behind them stood Charley, who wasn't happy at all. Tears dripped from the corners of her eyes; she missed Earth already though this would be the adventure of her life.
He got of the motorcycle and walked over to Charley, were he kneeled in front of her and took her hand in his own. 'you okay, Charley-ma'am?'
Charley nodded and wiped away the tears, 'I'm... fine...' but when she had said that, she broke into tears again, 'I'm not fine!'
Modo stood up and pulled her in close, 'calm down now... calm down now Charley-ma'am. I'm sorry for your garage Charley-ma'am, but you're here for your niece. We'll find her and take revenge for the garage.'
'It's not that...' Charley sobbed, 'It's Wirr. She's all alone here!'
'I thought she was with Rimfire?' Vinnie asked flabbergasted, 'Or am I a cheese head?'
'You're a cheese head.' Confirmed Throttle, 'you know the law of the Freedom Fighters?'

Vinnie wanted to answer but Throttle's tail wrapped around his mouth quickly.
//It means that whoever brings in new invaders or helps invaders will be hung to death/ /Vinnie sent to his friend.
//Both are either dead or Wirr is dead. Either way, both are in danger// Throttle answered, //We need to find them first thing//
The white furred Mouse nodded, 'We'll find them Charley... Don't worry we'll do.' He gave one of his wicked smiles and held his thumb up, 'Don't ya trust yer Vinnie anymore?'
This wickedness placed the smile back on her face, 'yeah... I do trust you...' A bit shy she took his hand, 'I trust you Vinnie.' He flushed a bit red at her words, spoken soft but so true.
'Then we'll search for them. Come on Charley! You with us?'
Charley looked at them all, before she turned to Modo, who still held her to his chest, 'We'll find them.'

With those words in mind, the four bikers drove off to the first shelter Throttle knew to find in this desolated desert of Mars.


0.o.0


Somehow, Charley forgot about home real fast. While driving through the desolated Martian desert, with the gigantic dust trail behind her, she understood why the Mice loved it here. The wide open space, sand everywhere, gigantic stone formations, beautiful ever moving dunes, the wind that roared over the open planes. The sight alone was breathtaking. From their time on Earth, Charley knew that the guys loved challenges. And here... Right here under her nose, were challenges everywhere. Rocky formations to tame, gigantic ever moving dunes to ride and who knows what ever more to do and to challenge.

Throttle slowed down and drove next to Charley, 'Like it here?' he spoke calm and soothing, 'Sorry, but this will be..'
'It's beautiful here.' Charley interrupted him, 'yeah... I begin to like it here.' Again, she gave him her smile and made her motorcycle jump to prove him she had fun. Throttle smiled back at her and joined in with the fun. Soon all were rocking their way home on Mars.


0.o.0


None saw that they were carefully watched by four Mice: Spark, Stunts, Centreline and Kickstart...


0.o.0

TBC
R&R please?
Sign up to rate and review this story