Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Escape to L.A.

Let the Tour Begin

by Dancemandydance 0 reviews

The album gets recorded and then Edge Me Out heads out on tour w/ Fall Out Boy. Wow that's alot of "outs"

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-02-28 - Updated: 2007-03-01 - 2229 words

1Moving
--Pete's Pov-

The TRL trip went well, but I missed Kat like crazy and couldn't wait to get back. We flew back the next day because we needed to get started on Edge Me Out's album before we headed out on tour. I got home around 2 a.m. and Kat was laying on the couch in her PJs. She looked so peaceful and I almost didn't want to wake her up, but I couldn't help it. I knelt down next to the couch and brushed one of her curls out of her eyes. She gave a little moan and shifted a little before opening her eyes.

"Pete," she said sleepily, raising her hand out to grab mine. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too," I say, kissing her hand. "Why are you asleep on the couch?"

"I tried to stay awake until you got home...what time is it?" she said, sitting up and looking at the clock. "2 am? Wow...delayed much?" I nod and smile and pull a teddy bear out of my bag that's wearing a little hoodie that says MTV NYC.

"Awwww Peter, for me?"

"Yup. You need to rebuild your teddy bear collection here." She sighs happily and pulls me in for a hug.

"God you smell good." She sniffs my neck, causing me to tremble inside. "What is that?"

"Me," I say softly.

"Wow...can you bottle that for me?" She leans back onto the couch and gazes at me.

"Ha ha...sure. But I'll charge you 5,000 dollars for it. Now let's get you to bed." I pick her up and start carrying her upstairs.

"Peter you're my knight in shining hoodie," she giggles.

"You're funny when you're sleepy."

"I'm not funny all the time?"

"Nope. Not at all." She gives me a little punch and I let her down in front of her door.

"Pete," she says softly and gazes up at me. "I don't know about you, but when we took that nap the other day I slept better than I have in a long time."

I nod. "Me too...it was weird." She gives me a weird face. "No, good weird," I reassure her.

"Will you sleep in my bed with me tonight? I'm really nervous about tomorrow and I need a good night's sleep," she says sweetly and gives me those eyes that melt my soul.

"Yeah," I smile and open her door. She walks in behind me and closes the door. "Wait...I need to go get some PJ pants." I run into my room and come back with my blue PJ bottoms with the rubber duckies on them.

"Oh my God," Kat says, covering her mouth. "Those are so adorable." She's already in her bed.

"Shut up," I say as I climb into her bed. I lay down and pull her close to me. She rests her head on my chest and puts her body in the same position it was the other day when we took our nap. I put one hand behind my head and the other around Kat and whisper, "Sing me to sleep, Katrina."

"What do you want me to sing?" She lifts her head up from my chests and looks up into my eyes. I shrug. "How about that song from Mary Poppins? Ya know the stay awake song? Silly Disney and their reverse psychology" I nod and she starts to sing.

Stay awake, don't rest your head
Don't lie down upon your bed
While the moon drifts in the sky
Stay awake, don't close your eyes

She stops for a minute. "Don't stop," I whisper. Her voice is so beautiful...she would sound good singing anything. She starts to sing again, her voice gets softer and pretty soon I start to fall asleep.

Though the world is fast asleep
Though your pillow's soft and deep
You're not sleepy as you seem
Stay awake, don't nod and dream
Stay awake, don't nod and dream

--Kat's POV-

"Pete?" I whisper after I stop singing. No answer. It must have worked. Pretty soon I nod off too. I fall asleep so easily in his arms.

The next day we head over to the studios to start recording the album. I goes great, but I can still feel the tension between Pete and Chad. Chad is still really flirty with me and Pete doesn't seem to like it. Like Pete's the only one who can flirt with me? I don't think so.

Other than that, the album recording goes great. Patrick was an amazing producer, being there with us 24/7 and making sure everything sounded perfect. Pete was basically there to watch and sulk, with the occasional hug and "you sound amazing, Kat."

Now it's the night before we head out on tour. We're slated for the entire first leg, which tours the country, and if all goes well we might be going with them overseas. I'm so excited and yet so nervous I can't stop shaking. I sit in my room, staring at my bags and tapping my foot on the floor.

"You okay, Kat?" Pete asks as he peeks his head through my door.

"Yeah...just nervous." Pete walks over and sits next to me.

"I know it's scary. But you guys have practiced a lot and you sound amazing and I'm so proud of you," he says sincerely as he puts his hand around my shoulder.

I look up at him. "What if I choke? I mean...maybe we should've played more small shows or something."

"Well this isn't an arena tour, Kat. It's more intimate. We like it better that way and it will be a good start for you," he reassures me.

"Yeah, I guess."

"No guessing. Just trust me," he whispers as he pulls me close and kisses my curls.

"This coming from Mr. Insecurity?" I giggle.

"If there is one thing I'm 100% confident about, Kat, it's your talent." He looks down at me and finds my face beat red from his comment.

"Thanks," I whisper. "You made me feel better."

"Good. Now I've got to go finish packing." He pats my leg and gets up. "Come sleep in my bed tonight, we both need a good sleep." I nod and he leaves.

We've gotten into a habit where if we both have something huge the next day where we really need to get a good sleep, we sleep in each other's beds. We switch off between his and mine, and this time it's his turn. Half an hour later I head down the hall to his room and knock on the door. I've learned to knock because one night I caught him in a compromising position...with himself. He made an excuse the next day that he hasn't had sex in over a year and has formed a very close relationship with his right hand. I laughed and told him he need to get laid, but I still don't think he's checked that off his "to do" list. He seems to be content with being single and I like it too because I know if he was with another woman it would drive me insanely jealous.

"Come in." I walk in and find him at his computer.

"Whatcha doin?" I say coyly as I walk up behind him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Just checkin the boards. Everyone's so excited about the tour. And look. They're excited to see you, too."

"I never go on there anymore," I say. I used to go on there all the time. That's how Pete and I met, after all. But ever since I met them I don't feel the need to go on anymore. I hear it all from them.

"You were pretty die-hard before you met us, weren't you?" he asks. I nod slowly.

"Yeah...I was."

"Who was your favorite?"

I stare at him. "Actually..."

"Actually what?"

"I had a crush on Patrick and Joe...and Andy...and...yeah that's it" Pete laughs out loud. "What's so funny?"

"I can recall you talking about how hot you thought Pete Wentz was when you didn't know I was him." He turns around in his chair and faces me. "Fes up...I know you liked me."

I shake my head and he attacks me with his crazy tickling again. "OK OK! I thought you were hot! Stop!" I say, falling onto his lap.

"WAS hot? WAS?" he continues to tickle me.

"OK FINE! YOU'RE HOT PETE! STOP!!!!" I cry. He stops and smiles at me.

"Thank you," he says confidently. "Let's go to sleep now." I get off his lap and jump onto his bed and get under the covers. He climbs in soon after and cuddles up to me. He makes me sing to him again, the same song. He says it helps him sleep better.

--Pete's POV-

The next day we wake up on the bright and head over to the airport to fly over to Maine where we'll start the tour. Most of Kat's gitters are away by the time we board the plane. She sits next to Chad, much to my dismay, and they chat most of the way there. About what? I have no idea...but I don't dare go over there. I might punch him.

My anger cools down by the time we get over to the venue. I really don't want to fuck up Kat's night and try to be as sweet as possible. Before they go on stage, Chad gives Kat a really big hug and a kiss on the cheek. That's what I do, not him. He can't do that...

"Hey Petey, wish me luck," she says as she comes over to me, puts her arms around my neck and gazes up at me. She looks amazing. Tight black tank and dark fitted jeans, complete with black chucks. Her hair is crazy and curly and her make-up looks beautiful. I hug her and smile.

"Break a leg, Katrina," I whisper down at her. "I heart you."

"I heart you, too." She gives me a peck on the cheek and runs onstage. I sit and watch the whole set from the sidelines. They do amazing. She really has a stage presence, that one. Her nerves just go away as soon as she gets that mic in her hand. I wish I had that confidence. She exits stage left and makes a bee-line straight for me.

"AAHHH Pete! That was amazing! What did you think?"

"You were fantastic, Kat. They loved you," I say, beaming. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks!"

"I gotta get ready to go on," I say as I see Chad heading over towards us. He hugs Kat from behind.

"That was awesome, Kit Kat," he smiles. He's so much taller than her that she looks like a munchkin.

"Thanks," she says, spinning around and hugging him. It takes every bit of me to keep myself from punching him.

"Good show, huh Pete?" he asks me. I can barely hear him from all the anger ringing in my ears. All I can do is nod because if I talk, he will hear the anger in my voice. I get up and go back to my room to get ready for the show. When I get in there I see Patrick sitting at his Mac, twiddling with this GarageBand. I slam the door behind me.

"Dude. What's wrong?" he asks, looking up from his computer screen.

"Nothing," I say roughly.

"Yeah right nothing. Did Kat choke or something?"

"No...Kat's perfect. Perfect with Chad."

Patrick sighs. "So that's what this is about. Chad and Kat. There is no Chad and Kat."

"Then why did he hug her and kiss her cheek and call her 'Kit Kat'?" I do my best Chad impression.

"Dude...you do that stuff all the time and there is no you and Kat. He's just being friendly."

"He wants her. He stares at her all the time. It makes me sick."

"So do something about it," Patrick says, standing up. "Tell her how you feel, Pete. If you don't do it soon, I will."

"You can't!" I say urgently. "You can't tell her anything. Ok? I will fuck you up."

"Dude I'm kidding. But really...you do have to tell her. It's driving us all insane. Even Rob and Keith know that you're in love with her."

"What did you tell them?!" I yell.

"Nothing. They figured it out. They asked me and I didn't say a word...so I guess they took that as a yes."

"Patrick seriously...not fucking cool." I'm pacing the room, my nerves and my anger taking a hold of me. Patrick comes up to me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Pete quit it. We have to perform and you have to be the ringmaster. If you go out there all depressed and angry, they'll be able to tell. Pull yourself together before I have to punch you...again." He giggles a bit and I crack a smile.

"I will tell her...I just...need the right moment. Tonight's not the night. She's so happy and euphoric about their performance."

"So they did well?"

"Yeah. She was amazing. They were amazing."

"Good."

"Hey guys, we're on in 5," Joe yells from the hall. We grab our stuff and head out and perform.
Sign up to rate and review this story