Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Silver and Cold

At The Apex Of The Maelstrom

by Cerediwen 3 reviews

Melaina has a present for Frankie and her and Gerard have an unorthodox clash to say the least

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-03-01 - Updated: 2007-03-01 - 1252 words

0Unrated
A/N: Don't you wish that when your parents messed around with the internet they could just get it to work?! So this one's kinda early in case I can't get on later sighs Well I hope you enjoy anyway and thanks again for the reviews and for the ones I got for Summer Wine. It may end up that I update them both every two days, so I update this one then the next one the next day. I don't know how it's gonna work, depends on homework hugs everyone who reviewed Thanks a million guys for sticking with me, it means a hell of a lot.
Disclaimer: Have I ever owned? No? Well, been as its world book day you could give me a little leeway couldn't you?

Chapter 42
At the Apex of the Maelstrom

Frank glared warily at the woman who sat across from him, her long hair was braided back from her face and she looked younger than she had when they'd first met her. Her one hand twisted one of the braids nervously as she looked down at the dungeon floor from where she sat on the flagstones.
"Well," He asked quietly, his voice echoing around the room and floating out of the bars that lay across the top of the door "What?"
She bit her lip and didn't speak for a minute before sighing loudly and glancing up at him. "I'm sorry." She whispered her blue eyes still hazy from tears she hadn't yet shed.
Frank cocked his head to one side and regarded her with something like contempt, an emotion not generally seen on the hyperactive rock star's face. "You think that's enough?" He challenged "You just murdered my best friend and Gee's kid brother, you think you can just say sorry and we'll forget it?" He almost spat.
She shook her head "No," She murmured hoarsely "No...I didn't..." She stopped as another tear ran down her cheek. "I'm sorry Frank." She muttered before getting to her feet, her blue dress swishing back down around her ankles. "And the guards will bring you something later." She sighed as she stepped out of the room, the door slamming behind her.

True to her word, five minutes later a guard entered the cell, glancing at the rock star with distain before placing what he'd brought in on to the stone floor. Frank just gazed at the object dejectedly before getting to his feet unsurely and wandering over to it, dropping to his knees, a slight smile flitting across his face.
Moments later the first chords to Nirvana's 'Aneurysm' whispered down the corridor and through the buzzing palace. Melaina smiled as the notes followed her out of the dungeons. Now she had to find Gerard.

~~~~~~~~~~~*~

Don looked out of the window as he watched his son and his girlfriend drive off down the street. Next to him, his younger son Mikey stood, his eyes following the same path as his dad's. "They looked happy." Mikey observed quietly, his voice the only sound in the silent house.
Don turned away from the window and nodded, sitting down on the sofa and sighing to himself. "What's wrong?" His son asked, brushing a strand of his short, messy light brown hair from his face.
Don looked up at him seconds later, his dark hair streaked with ever invading grey. "I don't know," He admitted "But I have a bad feeling about those two." Mikey shrugged "I like her, she seemed nice enough and she does love him."
Don's face darkened "But we thought that about the last one." Mikey just nodded and bit his lip "Yeah," He murmured.
They sat in silence for a while longer until Mikey half heartedly changed the subject off Gerard's latest girlfriend. "When's mom coming back?"
Don shrugged "Soon I hope, she said she'd be back before Gerard left." Mikey sighed and nodded, leaning up against the cold glass, the street lights flickering and catching eerie shadows outside. "She won't see him for another week now."
His father bit his lip "None of us will." He agreed, running a hand through his cropped hair. "Is he staying over with her while he's finishing his course?"
"Yeah," Mikey murmured, lost in his own world "Yeah he will be."


~~~~~~~~~~~

Gerard was sitting next to Kaela, looking out of the city when Melaina slowly pushed open the door to her daughter's little room. The vocalist had one arm around the little girl's shoulders and one against the edge of the window to stop both of them plummeting to the cobbles a killing drop below. Not the safest place to sit with your ten year old daughter but then again - Gerard had never really been the safest of people. Neither of them seemed to notice she'd come in, both lost in each other's worlds as Kaela flipped through the sketchbook on her lap, proudly but silently showing her father all the drawings she'd done. He looked on with awe as she carefully turned each page to reveal another warped but brilliant idea. Melaina watched for a minute before breaking the silence slightly reluctantly.
"Kaela honey you need to go and get your tea from Penny now." She murmured, smiling fleetingly as her daughter turned to look at her before sadly jumping down from the sill. "Love you daddy." She smiled at her dad before leaving the room, her eyes not darting back to where he still hadn't moved from the sill.
Melaina sighed and came to stand next to him, the wind blowing her braids back slightly from her face. "Did she show you the drawings?" She asked quietly.
He nodded but didn't look back at her "She did." He agreed, his hand tracing a pattern that she could see, carved into the wooden frame.
She bit her lip but decided not to answer, just turned back from the view of the city far below. "Come on," She told him "You need to go."
He turned his still blazing hazel eyes on her "Do I?" He asked, almost venomously "Really?"
Melaina bit back a comment and just nodded "Yeah," She replied "You do."
He shrugged "What if I couldn't be assed?" He challenged, the glare turning into something almost teasing.
"Then I make you." She answered simply, drawing the dagger from the sheath at her side. "So I suggest you come."
He shook his head "Go on then." He told her "Make me."
She sighed resignedly and in seconds the dagger was against the soft flesh of his neck. "Get off the sill Gerard." She told him coldly.
He obeyed and very carefully slid from the frame, she swiftly moved the knife from his neck to the bottom of his spine, sighing again as she commanded him to walk forward and then lead him slowly away to her own room.

Gerard inwardly screamed in pain as the moment the door closed behind them the dagger disappeared into his back; deep enough to cause him excruciating pain but not near enough to his spine to cause permanent damage. Melaina twisted the knife silently before she drew it out, blood already flowing from the wound "I told you not to force me." She whispered, her breath tickling his ear. He closed his eyes in agony as seconds later he hit the sheets, blood staining into the white below him. "Bitch." He whispered, not quite venomously enough. She smiled cruelly "But you love me for it." She teased before their lips met.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Sign up to rate and review this story