Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Silver and Cold

Love Like Winter

by Cerediwen 2 reviews

Gerard awakens...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way - Published: 2007-03-04 - Updated: 2007-03-04 - 1094 words

0Unrated
A/N: Have the sneaking suspicion that this is late again, I keep losing track now I'm writing Summer Wine at the same time sighs Oh well, sos if it is. sings along to Funeral Of Hearts I should really go write some more of that fic. Oh and thanks so, so very much to everyone whose reviewed this fic and Summer Wine, again it means so much to me grins and hugs
hands out free Gerard tasting cookies to everyone but Silvana - you can have a Mikey tasting one laughs
Disclaimer: Oooooooooooooooo I don't own looks around to see if anyone's watching Okay...so I might...giggles Oh and the quote at the end is copyright to Absolutepunk.net I guess sighs

Chapter 43

Melaina stirred slightly in her lover's arms, her hands that were clasped against his back were sticky with blood and as she rested her head against his chest she could tell that his breathing had reached worryingly shallow. She opened her eyes for a second but closed them again when she saw how pale he had become. "Shit." She swore quietly, worming her way out of his arms and sitting up to look down at him. His long hair was a mess and all around both of them the white sheets had turned into a sea of blood. "Oh crap." She whimpered as she bit her lip and slid out of her bed, grabbing her clothes from where they lay on the carpet then starting to get dressed as fast as she could. "Please don't wake up Gerard." She whimpered, running a hand quickly through her long hair and closing the door behind her.

~~~~~~~~~

Penny stirred slightly in her sleep; it had been too long since she'd had the chance to talk to Bob. She hated having to send him back to the abyss but he understood that she didn't have the strength to keep him in the land of the living. It was strange, she thought how well he had adapted to the fact that she could do that - call up the dead just to sit and talk to them again. The first time he'd been so confused and almost afraid; Bob Bryar afraid - that had sent shivers of fear down her own spine seeing the fright sparkling in his eyes.
She was roused from her dreams minutes later as Melaina hurried into the room, something almost like terror clouding her stormy eyes like fog at sea. Penny groaned and sat up slowly as the Empress shook her hard. "Penny..." Melaina nearly cried "Penny please wake up..." She whispered. The maid opened her eyes, blinking back the sunlight that was flooding into her little room.
"What is it Melaina?" She yawned, running a hand across her face as she looked up at her. Melaina was flushed red and her long hair was a tangled mess running down her back, her hands still stained with crimson blood. Penny glanced down at the liquid and flinched, throwing the covers back and getting up as fast as she could, shivering in her cotton pajamas. "What have you done?" She breathed, following Melaina to the door. "I..." She whimpered as they dashed down the corridors, the rest of the palace still sleeping peacefully. "I stabbed him..." She whispered, a tear beginning its meandering path down her cheek.
Penny blanched "Shit," She muttered, not particularly caring that she was talking to the Empress of a city and a land. "Shit Melaina." She swore again and then turned around and started back for her own room. "Go and clean the mess up." She almost spat back at the other woman as she hurried down the corridor "And go and wake your daughter up."

~~~~~~~~~~~*~

Gerard opened his eyes and was blinded by a wave of white light that stemmed from the windows of the palace infirmary, the doors thrown right back so that a gust of wind danced with the sheets and the bandages that decorated the long room. The next thing to hit him was the lingering metallic smell that echoed around after a huge thunderstorm. It was an almost peaceful smell, like spring and it made the outside world seemed washed. Smiling to himself he shifted slightly and breathed in the fresh air that whispered around the infirmary. There was the sound of a door slamming at the far end of the room seconds later and then the patter of footsteps along past the rows of beds, breaking the pristine white silence of the pristine white room. Gerard moved his head slightly and his smile grew wider as he watched Frank wander towards where he lay, a black acoustic guitar on a strap over his shoulder. The little guitarist grinned at him as he slumped down in the chair next to Gerard's bed and brushed his fringe out of his eyes.
"Hey Gee," He told the vocalist quietly, his eyes almost wistful, like they had disappeared somewhere else. "How d'you feel?"
Gerard nodded slowly "I feel cool," He murmured, as the night before suddenly crept up on him, swarming his previously drowsy mind. He wandered for a couple of seconds why his back wasn't giving him any trouble before he carried on. "Where'd you find the guitar?" He asked.
Frank grinned happily, a spark lighting up his dark eyes. "The bitch gave it me." He beamed, stroking the wooden surface fondly.
Gerard glanced at curiously but decided not to ask "Where is she?" He asked quietly, al most hesitant.
Frank shrugged and answered almost venomously "Pen told me she was sobbing her fucking eyes out last time she'd seen her." He paused and looked down at Gerard "Why do you care man?" He muttered "She's been such a bitch, she bloody killed your brothers."
Gerard sighed and looked away, his gaze wandering out over the city and into the perfect blue sky. "Shit I don't know Frankie." He whispered "I wish she was bloody dead."
Frank nodded and strummed his guitar gently, the sound ringing out around the quiet room. "You feel well enough to sing?" he asked suddenly a few minutes of silence later.
Gerard shrugged but nodded all the same "I guess." He murmured. Frank smiled and seconds and a few pillows later Gerard sat, propped up in bed.
Frank grinned at him and quietly at first, but getting louder pretty quickly began to strum out the first chords to 'Thank You For The Venom'. Gerard beamed at him as their two voices rose over the waking city.

Music mends broken hearts

~~~~~~~~~~*
Sign up to rate and review this story