Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > The Little Mermaid: Evolution

Love at Second Sight

by AnonGirl88 0 reviews

Chapter Seven

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: G - Genres: Parody, Romance - Characters: Cyclops, Jean - Published: 2007-03-01 - Updated: 2007-03-02 - 3815 words

0Unrated
Chapter 7. Things are starting to get interesting. Sorry this took so long folks, I've been busy with stuff. I should have said this in the first chapter; shout-outs go to people who have reviewed the previous chapter, that way I know that they're all caught up. Sorry for the inconvieniance. Also, I slightly changed the descriptions of my OCs.
---
"Where the heck is the director?" Forge asks. He, Sam, Ray, and Bobby are on the beach next to the ocean, where Fishy is waiting for the play to start so he can begin filming.

"Did you ask the shark?" Bobby asks sarcastically, pointing his thumb at Fishy.

"As a matter of fact I did." Forge says. "But I don't speak shark, so I didn't understand word he said."

"Well ah for one am not complaining." Sam says. "Do you have any idea how humiliating it is to pretend to be a fat little yellow fish?" he asks.

"It certainly can't be as bad as pretending to be a tiny little sea horse." Forge replies. Just then, Kitty comes out wheeling a flat telivision screen on a luggage carrier.

"Hey Forge, AnonGirl88 is on that tele-communicator thing you invented." she says, placing it in front of him.

"Oh man, I knew I was going to regret inventing this stupid thing." Forge says before turning it on.

"Well then why did you invent it if you knew you'd regret it?" Bobby asks.

"Nothing good on T.V." Forge shrugs.

The screen fizzles for a second, then AnonGirl88 is seen, now wearing a black sleeveless t-shirt and a black beret. In the background, Pyro is sitting next to her playing a GameBoy Advance SP. They appear to be in the back seat of a mini van.

"Hi guys! So how's the parody going without me?" she asks.

"We haven't done anything yet." Forge replies.

"WHAT! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING!" she screams. "WE'RE ON A SCHEDULE HERE!"

"Cool it Anon, or you'll attract the police again." a girls voice is heard in the background. AnonGirl88 takes a few deep breaths and calms herself.

"You're right, sorry." she apologises.

"Well you never said that we were supposed to do anything while you were gone." Bobby defends.

"Yes I did, I told Fishy to tell you to keep going on schedule while we rounded up the escaped pris, I mean, actors." the insane director quickly covers up.

"Well how are we supposed to know what that shark of yours is saying, he doesn't talk!" Forge says.

"Didn't Fishy give you the note I wrote?" AnonGirl88 asks, gripping the seat as the van bumps violently. "That had better not have been an armadillo!" she snaps at who ever's driving.

"What are you talking about, there was no- OW!" Forge starts but is interrupted when Fishy throws a small canister at him, which of course hits him in the head.

"The note inside that." AnonGirl88 says. "Now get busy! ACTION!" she says before turning off her end of the communicator.

Jean, Sam, and Remy are all at the surface, breathing heavily after their swim. Once Jean's sufficiently recovered, she lifts up one of her new legs and wiggles her new toes, grinning slightly.

"Well, look at what ze catfish dragged in!" Kurt says as he flies down. He lands neatly on Jeans leg. "Look at you! Zere is most certainly something very diffrent about you!" he exclaims. "Now don't tell me, let me guess. I've got it, it's your hair-do, right! You've been using ze dinglehopper, haven't you?" Jean shakes her head. "No? Well of course not, let me think. New sea shells?" he asks. Jean gives him a look while Remy simply glares at him, clearly annoyed. Jean starts to gently bounce her leg to give the blue seagull a hint, but Kurt is oblivious. "No new sea shells. I gotta admit, I just can't seem to put my feather on it, but if I just stand here long enou-"

"SHE'S GOT LEGS, YOU IDIOT!" Remy finally snaps, causing Kurt to fly up in surprise. "She traded her voice to de sea witch and got legs, geez homme!" Remy says.

"I knew zat." Kurt says, causing Remy to smack his head with his claw.

"Ariel's been turned into a human, and she's got to find a prince and he's gotta, he's gotta kiss her!" Sam says as Jean shakily attempts to stand up.

"An' she's only got t'ree days." Remy says. Suddenly Jean falls down hard and drenches poor Kurt with sea water.

"Jus' look at her! On legs! On human legs!" Remy says before gasping. "Remy's nerves are shot. Dis is a complete disaster! What would her pere say? Remy'll tell you what her pere'd say, he'd say he's gonna kill himself a crab, dat's what her pere'd say!" Remy says, working himself into a little frenzy. "Remy gonna march himself right back down dere like he shoulda done in de first place," Jean quickly picks him up and shakes her head frantically.

"An don't you shake yo' head at me, young lady. Maybe there's still time. If we could get dat witch to give you back yo' voice you could go home wit' all de normal fish and jus' be," Remy faulters at the pathetic, pittifull look Jean is giving him. "Jus' be miserable for de rest of yo' life. Alright, alright, Remy'll help you find dat prince." he finally caves. Jean kisses his and sets him down. "Boy, what a soft shell Remy turnin' out to be." he says to himself, shaking his head sadly.

"Now Ariel, I'm telling you, if you want to find humans, ze first zing you have to do is dress like one." Kurt says before he begins rumaging through a pile of junk.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the beach, Scott is walking with Roberto, but while Roberto is jumping around happily, Scotts mind is clearly in another dimension.

"That voice." he sighs. "I can't get it out of my head." he then kneels down and scratches Robertos head. "I've looked everywhere for her. Where could she be?" he asks sadly. Roberto is sympathetic for a minute, then he sniffs and is happy again, then he runs off to follow the smell. Back at the other side of the beach, Jean is modeling a dress made from sail cloth held on by ropes.

"Perfect, you look sensational." Kurt says. Suddenly, Pietro zips in and begins taking pictures.

"Say cheese, Princess Red!" he cackles. Jean tries to yell at him, but no sound comes out her mouth.

"Sorry Jean, Anon wanted it to be authentic, so she made me make a device that prevents you from talking or using your telepathy to communicate." Forge calls from backstage.

"Next stop, the Internet!" Pietro crows. Just as he's about to speed off, the camera flies out of his hands and breaks. "Hey!"

"I never said it prevented her from using her telekinesis." Forge reminds him. "Now get off the set before I release the three Dudes!"

"NO! Not that!" Pietro yelps before running away. Roberto then comes on and barks at Jean, startling her. She runs around a big rock before climbing up it to get away from him. Remy hides in the folds of the skirt. Scott comes in and ruffles up Robertos fur.

"Max! There you are! What's gotten into you, boy?" he asks. He looks up and sees Jean. "Oh, oh I see." He stands up and smiles at her. "Are you alright, miss? I'm sorry if this knuckle head scared you, he's harmless really."

"Who are you calling knuckle head!" Roberto asks.

"It's in the script, Roberto." Forge yells.

"Well how should I know that, I'm the dog, I didn't get a script!" Roberto yells.

"Just get on with it already! The sooner we finish this, the sooner we can go surfing!" Ray yells.

Scott sees Jean grinning at him and he faulters a bit. "You, you seem very familiar to me. Have we met?" he asks. Jean begins to nod frantically. "We have met, I knew it! You're the one! The one I've been looking for! What's your name!"

Jean tries to tell him, but then she remembers that she doesn't have a voice.

"What is it?" Scott asks, confused. Jean taps her throat and shakes her head sadly. "Oh, then you couldn't be who I thought you were." he says sadly. Roberto and Jean both blow hair out of their eyes irratabley. Then Jean brightens up and begins to use wild gestures in attempt to explain the situation. But she gets to excited and ends up falling forward, straight into Scotts arms.

"Whoa, carefull! Wow, you must have really been through something." Scott says. Jean clings to him as they stare into each others eyes. "Don't worry, I'll help you." Scott says when he finnally snaps out of it. He helps her stand up and leads her to the castle. Jean looks back and winks at Kurt and Sam. Kurt winks back and gives her a thumbs up sign.

A while later, Jean is sitting in a bathtub full of bubbles. Kitty dumps a bucket of clean water on her head while talking, mostly to herself.

"Washed up from a shipwreck. Oh, you poor dear. We'll have you fixed up in, like, no time." she says before gingerly picking up the old sail cloth, in which Remy is still hiding.

"I'll just," she pauses to make a face while holding it as far away from her body as possible. "I'll just, like, get this washed for you." Kitty tells her before leaving the room. "Although it'd probably be a lot more sanitary to just burn it." she mutters to herself.

Kitty walks into the next room and dumps the cloth into a bucket of water surrounded by Amanda, Tabitha, Jubilee, and Rahne, who are gossiping while they do the laundry. While talking, one of them grabs the cloth and starts to scrub it, with poor Remy still inside.

"Am I the only one here who thinks it's a little weird that someone who's supposed to be such a huge pyromaniac has such an obsession with the ocean?" Jubilee asks.

"I know, I mean she's got a purple and green pet shark, her first parody is The Little Mermaid, it's kind of an oxymoron, don't you think?" Amanda replies.

"Well she's certainly a moron, no question about that." Tabitha remarks as she clips the sail cloth to the wire.

Remy pants for breath as he half hangs out the fold. Once he catches his breath, he dives into an open window. When he looks around, he sees various fish being prepared for dinner, causing hime to pass out. Meanwhile in the dining room, Jason and Scott are waiting for Jean.

"Now Eric, be reasonable. Nice young ladies don't just swim around rescueing people in the middle of the ocean, and than flutter off into oblivion." Jason says. "Well actually I could make that happen, but since we're talking about real life, the chances of it happening aren't good." he adds.

"I'm telling you Grim she was REAL!" Scott yells. "I'm going to find that girl. And I'm going to marry her."

"Awfully eager, aren't we?" Jason mutters.

"Like, come on honey, don't be shy!" Kitty says as she pulls Jean into the room. Jean is wearing a beautiful frilly pink ballroom gown. Scott stares at her with his mouth hanging open as she comes forward.

"Oh Eric isn't she a vision." Jason says in monotone, resting his head on his hand with his elbow on the table, looking bored out of his mind.

"Wow." Scott says, snapping out of his trance slightly. "You look wonderful." he says to her, causing her to blush.

"Come come come, you must be famished. Here, let me help you, my dear." Jason says as he helps Jean into her chair. "There we are, quite comfy, hmm? It's not often we get such a, ugh, lovely guest for dinner." he says, trying to keep from gagging as he sits back down. Jean sees a dinner fork and begins using it to comb her hair, but stops immeadiatly when she sees Jason and Scott staring at her. Jason takes out his pipe and lights it, then sees Jean watching him.

"Er, do you like it?" he asks, holding it out to her so she can see. "It is rather-" Jean puffs into the pipe, sending soot into his face, which causes Scott to start laughing.

"Oh my!" Kitty says.

"Ahem, so sorry, Grimm." Scott says, trying to keep a straight face.

"Why Eric, that's the first time I've seen you smile in weeks!" Kitty exclaims.

"Yes, very amusing." Jason sneers, wiping his face. "Carlotta my dear, what's for dinner?"

"And stunt double!" Forge yells from off stage. Kitty leaves and Amara comes in.

"Okay, start where we left off." Forge adds.

"You're going to love it, Chef's been fixing up his speacialty: stuffed crab!" she says clasping her hands together.

Meanwhile Remy has started to come around.

"And stunt double!" Forge yells again.

"But Remy wants to see who's playin' de chef!" Remy protests as a robotic crabs waddles in. "An' what de heck is dis?"

"It's a robo-crab, RC for short, that Shanice and I cooked up." Forge explains, holding a remote control joystick.

"Who's Shanice?" Ray asks.

"One of the girls that busted out Anon and Pyro. You know, the blonde one?" Forge says.

"When were you with Shanice?" Sam asks.

"We met at dress rehersal. I think she's got a crush on me." Forge replies. "Of course, who wouldn't?"

"Excuse me, can we just get on with this already?" Lance yells.

"Yeah, the faster we get this over with, the faster we can leave." Wanda adds.

"Alright, alright, sorry, action!" Forge yells. The RC peers over the counter and sees Fred, with a fake mustache, taking pots and pans out of a cupboard while singing off-key in poorly pronounced French with a bad accent.

"Les poissons,

Les poissons,

How I love les poissons,

Love to chop

And to serve little fish.

As he's doing this, he begins to prepare the fish, causing the RC to turn green and naueseous looking thanks to advanced technology.

"First I cut off their heads,

Then I pull out the bones,

Ah mais oui,

Ca c'est toujours delish!

Les poissons,

Les poissons,

He he he

Hah hah hah,

With the cleaver

I hack them in two!

I pull out what's inside

And I serve it up fried

Cause I love little fishies,

Don't you?

The RC tries to get away un-noticed by hiding under a discarded lettuce leaf, but ends up running into a fish head. The whole time, Fred continues to sing, making the robo-crab greener and more nauseus looking by the second.

Here's something for tempting the palate,

Prepared in the classic technique,

First you POUND the fish flat with a mallet,

Then SLASH through the skin,

Give the belly a slice,

Then you rub some salt in,

'Cause that makes it taste nice!"

Fred looks down and sees the RC. It quickly retreats into it's shell as Fred picks it up carefully. While he continues to sing, he tosses it into a bowl of sauces and throws some flour on it. He then stuffs in some bread and seasoning, which the RC spits back out.

"Zut alors, I have missed one!

Sacre bleau, what is this?

How on earth could I miss

Such a sweet little succulent crab?

Quel dommage, what a loss,

Here we go, in the sauce!

Now some flour, I think

Just a dash!

Now I stuff you with bread,

It won't hurt 'cause you're dead!

And you're certainly lucky you are

Cause it's going to be hot

In my big silver pot!

Toodleoo, mon poisson,

Au Revoir!"

With that, he tosses the RC into a pot of boiling water. It quickly grabs the side of the pot and jumps back out before retreating back into its shell. Using a two pronged fork, Fred picks it up and brings it close to his face.

"What is this?" he asks before the RC reaches out and pinches his nose.

Fred screams in agony and drops the RC to the floor, which quickly begins to scramble around the floor. Enraged, Fred begins to chase after it, crashing into things and generally injuring himself in the process. The noise attracts the attention of Jason, Scott, Jean, and Amara.

"I think I'd better go and see what Louis is up to." she says. When she arrives, she sees that the kitchen is in shambles and several things are on fire. Fred is digging angrilly through one of the cupboards.

"Come out, you little pipsqueak and fight like a man!" he yells!

"Louis!" Amara exclaims, startling Fred so he smacks his head on the counter. "What are you doing!" she demands.

"Well, I was, I just, er, uh, so sorry Madame." Fred stutters, trying to smile charmingly as he pinches out the fire on his fake mustache. Amara grabs the dinner tray and leaves in a huff. Back in the dining room, Jason is trying to talk to Scott who is staring at Jean.

"You know Eric, perhaps our young guest might enjoy seeing some of the sights of the kingdom? Something in the way of a tour?" Jason suggests.

"Huh? Oh I'm sorry, what were you saying Grimm?" Scott asks, snapping out of his Jean trance.

"You can't spend all day moping about, you need to get out! Do something, get a life." Jason says. He lifts up his cover and reveals Remy underneath it.

"Whoah, whoah, easy Grimm, easy!" Scott says.

Jean sees Remy and quickly lifts up her plate and signals for him to get under. He dashes across the table and hides when no one's looking. Jean then slams the lid back down when Scott turns to her.

"It's not a bad idea, if she's interested. So what do you say, would you like to join me on a tour of the kingdom tomorrow?" he asks. Jean nods vigourously, leaning heavily on her cover.

"Wonderful! Now let's eat before this crab wanders off my plate." Jason says as he stabs the empty plate with his fork.

Later that day after sunset, Jean is leaning on the windowsill of her room, watching Scott play with Roberto on the beach. Scott looks up from petting Roberto, sees Jean and waves at her. Embarrassed, she waves shyly back and goes back inside.

"Dis has got to be, widout a doubt, de single most humiliating day of Remy's life!" Remy says irratably, tossing away a lettuce leaf. "Even though Remy didn't even get to see it." he adds with a pout.

"Not now, Remy, we're almost done." Forge says.

"Alright, alright." Remy says grumpily. Jean sets down the fork she was using to comb her hair, then she pats Remy on his head before plopping down on the feather bed.

"Remy hope's you appreciate all dat Remy goes t'rough for you, young lady." Remy says before he starts pacing across the dresser he's on. "Now, we got to come up wit' a plan to make dat boy to kiss you. Tomorrow when he takes you on dat ride, you gotta look yo' best. You gotta bat yo' eyes, like dis." he demonstrates by batting his own eyes, much to the amusement of the people off stage.

"Knock it off, we've only got a few more minutes!" Forge says. "Continue, Remy."

"Merci. You gotta pucker up yo' lips, like dis." he demonstrates again by puckering his own lips, causing everyone off stage to snicker. He ignores it and looks over Jean, who's fast asleep. He smiles and goes to curl up on the pillow next to her head. "You are hopeless, child. You know dat, completley hopeless."

Meanwhile in Atlantica, Hank is paceing around. Forge, now a sea horse, comes in.

"Any sign of them?" Hank asks.

"No, You're Majesty, we've searched everywhere. We found no traces of your daughter, or Sebastion." Forge replies sadly.

"Well keep looking! Leave no shell unturned, no coral unexplored. Let no one in this kingdom rest until she's safe at home!" Hank orders.

"Yes Sire." Forge says before swimming away. Hank sits down on his thrown miserably.

"What have I done? Oh what have I done?" he asks himself.

"And cut! We're finally done for the day!" Forge yells happily. Everyone cheers and runs off to party. Suddenly a brown, beat up van pulls onto the set and AnonGirl88 jumps out with Pyro.

"Hey everybody! We're back!" Anon says.

"Miss us?" Pyro asks.

"Who would miss you?" a nineteen year old girl with straight brown hair down to her shoulders and brown eyes quips as she climbs out of the driver's seat. She's wearing a dark red t-shirt, jeans, and white sneakers with orange laces. On her wrist is a watch that looks suspicously like Kurts image inducer, and she's wearing a black baseball cap with a red bill.

"Surprisingly enough, there are people who find this amusing." another girl says. She has dirty blonde hair that reaches the small of her back pulled back into a braid with silver ribbons woven in, steel grey eyes, and is wearing a light grey tank top, light grey pants, and silver high tops. She also has dozens of silver chains as necklaces, bracelets, belts, and anklets.

"Yeah, the same people who wear straight jackets and live in padded rooms." a third girl replies. She has very short black hair in messy spikes, scary looking amber eyes, and very pale skin. She's wearing a torn, faded black t-shirt that exposes a barbed wire wrap-around tattoo on each arm above the elbow, and equally torn and faded black jeans, as well as combat boots. She also is wearing a barbed wire necklace and barbed wire bracelets, as well as half finger gloves with metal studs on the knuckles.

"Everyone, meet Candyce Tanner, Shanice Zabrinski, and Margo Pierce, code names Eclipse, Matrix, and Mange." AnonGirl88 says. "They are my new co-co-directors."

"Co-co-directors?" Ray asks.

"They're in charge right after Fishy and Pyro." AnonGirl88 explains.

"I'm only going to say this once, my name is Mange, and if anybody even thinks of calling me that other name, I'm going to-" Mange begins, but is quickly interrupted by Candyce.

"Watch it, this is G rated, remember?"

"Okay people, now that I'm back, let's go set things up for the next chapter! And somebody get the pris- I mean actors, out of the van." AnonGirl88 says before walking off the set.

"Whos turn is it to tell her that that's the wrong way?" Mange asks, folding her arms.
---
Again, sorry this is late! Pretty long at least!
Sign up to rate and review this story