Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Lessons of Love

True Love

by StellaWasHere 0 reviews

He's going to kill him... my Yashamaru-koi. Does Yashamaru still love me, or is it all another lie?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Gaara, Kazekage, Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-03-04 - Updated: 2007-03-04 - 555 words

0Unrated
I saw the glint of metal as Father retreived a kunai from his weapon holster. Someone screamed. It could have been Yashamaru, but more than likely it was me.

He's going to kill him. He's really going to kill him this time. Oh my God... he's going to kill him...

Yashamaru... KOIBITO...

I couldn't let him! I wasn't thinking- I only reacted the way that Yashamaru would act if Father attacked me.

"Do't hurt my koibito!" I screeched as I lunged at my father. It was a hopeless cause. I was only eight, after all. I tried to use my fingernails to wound him, but he pushed me away easily.

"K-K-Kazekage-sama!" Yashamaru's voice was choked. "I do not want to harm you, but if you keep provoking me, then I will kill you!"

I don't get it. Father is trying to kill him... how can he give second chances? How can he be so calm?

Why am I giving him second chances? Because I love him.

He loves Father, then. Not me. He doesn't love me. He hates me because of what I did to Karura... Yashamaru, I'm so sorry!

"You've CORRUPTED my son!" Father snarled. He whirled around to face me. "Or were you always corrupted? Were you always... like that? Did you always love Yashamaru?"

"I always loved him!" I stepped in to defend my uncle.

"I should kill the pair of you, then! You're a demon! You killed my wife, you -"

"Kazekage-sama! ENOUGH!" I had almost never heard Yashamaru yell. He was struggling to stand, his shoulder dripping with blood. "Don't hurt Gaara! Onegai! I... I love him back!" I gasped as he said this. "Homosexuality isn't something you can beat out of someone! I'm standing firm to it... and I'm sure Gaara will, too!"

"H-He's right! You c-c-can't make me st-stop loving him!" I defended once I had found my voice. "I always will! Even though he hates me!" My voice stopped trembling, and I stood up taller. Yashamaru seemed as if he was on my side, but even if he wasn't, it was reassuring that he agreed with me.

A kind looking nurse appeared at the door, and Father hid the knife. She must have heard the commotion. "Is everything alright? I thought I heard a scream."

I was about to speak, but Yashamaru beat me to it.

"N-No. I'm fine. Kazekage-sama was just leaving."

On my uncle's cue, my father turned and walked briskly out the door, muttering that we both had his best wishes.

I looked in disbelief at Yashamaru. He sat down on his bed again, and I could tell that he was in pain. I wanted him to expose what my father had done- the knife, the threats... but he didn't. He remained silent. "Gaara. Go back to your room. You need your rest."

I didn't question.

I wouldn't find out the answer that day, not until he and I were reunited once again. But it turns out that Yashamaru didn't speak my father's intentions because he had been in love with him since he was very young. It was a big suprise to me, and I asked him how he could ever love someone so cruel.

Yashamaru just gave me a thoughtful smile. "True love is accepting flaws. You accept all of mine, don't you?"
Sign up to rate and review this story