Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Lessons of Love

The First Lesson

by StellaWasHere 0 reviews

I want to give him another chance. And I learn the first lesson of love because of it...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Gaara, Kazekage, Other - Published: 2007-03-04 - Updated: 2007-03-04 - 869 words

0Unrated
His arms felt so wonderful around me. When I was asleep, I dreamed of it. That one moment of security and reliance that was shared only between us, when he hugged me to brace himself against the pain of his wounds. I never wanted the feeling to end.

But when I woke up, I was alone. And I felt so cold. I had barely enough time to question my whereabouts until a nurse walked into the room where I lie, and then I knew. I was in the hospital. "Miss?" I mumbled. "Where's my uncle? Who brought m-me here?"

"Your uncle? He's in the next room. And... he's the one who brought you here, right before he passed out. He was barely alive. It'll take serious recovery for him to... well..." The nurse was obviously about to say more, but she thought better of it. "How are you feeling?"

"I need to talk to him!"

"I'm afraid not." The nurse eyed me apologetically. "He's asleep. He's... not doing well."

"What do you-"

"He's... he's not going to make it."

My heart felt like it was breaking. Yashamaru... dead... He couldn't die! I loved him! The thought that I could never see him again was painful to the point of not wanting to go on. "N-No!" I cried "Please l-let me see him. Even if he's asleep, couldn't I just watch h-him sleep?"

"Honey, I'm sorry, I can't." She murmured, shaking her head.

"Gaara... h-honey..."

He used to call me that...

"If I can't see him now... then I'll see him when we're angels." I closed my green eyes and began to hold my breath, waiting for the life to drain from me.

"Honey-"

"I loved him. I really loved him, even if he thought I was... a monster." I gave up on this method of suicide and decided instead to just lie there and wait for death. "If he wakes up, tell him that I'm sorry I ever hurt him, or his sister. Tell him I said it was an accident. I never meant to kill Karura-chan."

I wanted it all to stop. I wanted him to hug me again. Kiss me again. Love me again. But he was dying, and now I was too. When we're angels, Yashamaru-koi.

"Onegai," I said suddenly. "Let me see him. Let me watch him sl-sleep." I stood on my wobbly legs - luckily my injuries were not bad enough that I couldn't walk. "Let me see Yashamaru. You don't understand! He's been my father since I was born! He's the only one I have! I want to see him before he dies! I l-love him!"

The nurse was about to protest, but sympathy flooded her eyes. Softly, she took my hand and lead me to his room.

He was still beautiful. But his face was pained, and weak, periodic spasms racked his bruised body. He looked so weak and sickly to me, and after eight years of looking so strong, that was frightening. "Don't stay too long." The nurse said as she left me alone with him. "Don't forget, you need your rest, too."

"Yashamaru... koibito... All I need is you." I carefully climbed up onto the hospital bed, sitting beside him. "Let's die together, koibito. Together now."

I heard footsteps approaching, and I turned to meet my father's cruel, hard gaze. "Is he alive?" He growled.

"Y-Yes, I-"

"He should have died."

"B-But... why?" I whimpered.

"He's corrupted you more than you were before." Father spat. "He's gay."

"Is it his fault, though?"

He looked at me with an unreadable expression, and I quickly changed the subject.

"Kill me. Please, Father."

"Wh-What... I... G-Gaara-ch-chan..."

I turned at the sound of his beautiful voice. He sounded like an angel at that moment. Yashamaru. His eyes, though listless and pained, were still the same beautiful, gentle, violet orbs. Full of the same bitter hatred, this time directed at my father rather than me. I didn't think I'd ever see him again, didn't think he'd make it. I buried my face in his chest as I began to cry.

A gentle hand rested on my back, meant to comfort, I thought, until I realized it was not his but my father's, as I was torn away from him.

Yashamaru looked even more pained. "G-Gaara... I'm s-"

"Queer." The Kazekage snarled, not at my uncle but at me. He dropped me to the floor less than gently, but not intended to hurt. "And you..." He turned his attention to my uncle. "I can't believe I trusted you with my children!"

"Kazekage-s-sama... please..." Yashamaru whispered hoarsely. "Why m-must it end... l-like this?"

"You've CORRUPTED him."

"Father... no, o-onegai." I innerupted. "I fell in love with him. He didn't corrupt me. I don't really understand what it is you keep calling him, but if it's about... us..." I took a breath. "It's my fault. I'm sorry, Yashamaru. It's my fault that we're g-going to d-d-die!"

Lesson One: Forgive And Forget

"Gaara, please don't say such a thing!" Yashamaru said, smiling lightly. For a moment, he was the Yashamaru I remember. My uncle... the man I loved.

"But he's right. You'll die here and now... Yashamaru-koi." My father mocked
Sign up to rate and review this story