Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Before it all Began...

Her first Vision

by jengrey 6 reviews

What happened to the seven teens before they all met eachother...?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-01-21 - Updated: 2007-01-22 - 1579 words

2Original
It all happened during Karate class. She was having a fight for her black belt. Theresa was even winning! She was soon going to get her black belt...at twelve! She was one round-house kick away from beating Cheng Lee when it all happened. She took a breath in ad everything went turquoise. She saw a tall, tanned, brown haired teenager. He had dark brown eyes and looked half-Greek. Something told her that he was important, though why she couldn't tell. Theresa saw a tanned girl, shorter than the previous boy, had spiky red hair and green eyes. There was a very tall, tanned muscular boy with very dark brown hair, and Theresa thought that he looked like something of a farm boy. He had very dark brown eyes. Theresa also saw a short black boy with green-tinted glasses and a slight afro. She saw a plae, taller boy with very noticable purple hair and a prominent nose. Then there was another boy, bolde this time with clear blue eyes, a perfect tan and very handsome features. He reminded Theresa of a male supermodel. There was also an old woman with grey hair and clear blue eyes. She didn't seem old though, despite her appearance. The next thing Theresa saw was the class all looking at her and it all went black.

She awoke to have the entire class staring down at her. Sensei Nereus was trying to get the others to give her some room. Her head was pounding, her body numb. Her best friend, Jen, was standing in front of her, shaking her vigorously.
"Theresa! Theresa! Theresa wake up!!!" Jen yelled. Theresa slowly opened her eyes. There were only grey blobs and loud noises. She had no idea what was going on. Everything was happening so fast and out of focus. She felt the warm hand of Sensei Luing on the ball of her head and her stomach. She felt her lost energy flowing back into her and her eyes popped open. Theresa was breathing heavily and choppy breaths were just escaping her.
"W-What happened?" She said.
"That's what we were hoping you could tell us." Sensei said calmly. "Come with me to my office so we can talk about it. Cheng," He turned to face the boy that had almost lost to Theresa during the fight earlier. "You are in charge until we get back." He grabbed Theresa's arm and pulled her towards his study. It was in a Chinese style, with paper-like walls, a low wooden desk and deep red cushions for chairs. It had lit red candles and had the smell of lavender. Sensei Luing lit the candles and sat down in one of the cushions.
"Sit down, Theresa. Please." He said, smiling.
Theresa sat down and said "What's going on, Sensei?"
He paused. "Theresa, has this happened before?"
Theresa racked her brain for any memory. A couple of them were faintly found. When she was four, during the sharing circle in Kindergarten, a young boy was sharing his teddy bear. When it was passed around and Theresa held it in her chubby arms, she had a vision of him scraping his knee and going into a fit of crying. When she snapped out of her vision, she lost consciousness and woke up in the teacher's arms, tears streaking down her face and was claiming of having a 'funny' dream. Then there was that time during soccer in grade four that she had a vision of her being hit in the head with the soccer ball. Then, Theresa didn't know how fast that was going to happen for when she snapped back to reality, she was instantly knocked out from the force of the ball hitting her head. Just last week before Math class, it was Science. Theresa had a vision of there being a pop quiz during Math. She then made a bet with her best friend Jen that there was going to be a Math pop quiz for five dollars. Theresa made five dollars that day.
Theresa responded shakily. "Yes, it has. Sensei...what are they exactly? It's like I'm seeing into the Future! It's like I'm psychic!"
Sensei Luing hesitated. 'What isn't he telling me? I know he knows something...' Theresa thought.
"Theresa my dear that might actually be the case. Theresa, when I was using Kimorguri to bring you back to full consciousness, I went inside your mind for a second. You have powers beyond your imagination. I want you to see the Oracle."
Theresa frowned. "Who is the Oracle? I heard of him in my English class as a Greek character who can tell your future. Does he really exist?" Theresa yearned to learn more. 'So, if the Oracle exists, then does so the rest of Mythological Creatures?' Theresa thought.
"Yes. I am going to give the class a tour for a class. It will be downtown. I want you and another student of your choice to go to the Oracle."
"But how will I know where he is?" Theresa asked.
Sensei Luing smiled. "You will know once you get there."


Theresa hated riddles. 'Why can't teachers just say what they mean? I mean, a map would have been nice!' Theresa thought angrily as she left the study to return to the on-going class. When the other students saw her, they bombarded her with questions. Thankfully, Cheng held some of the students back from Theresa. After releasing herself from the questioning students, Theresa was allowed to leave early to go home from the Sensei. In their next class, they went downtown for a special lesson with a TV stunt double at a special part of downtown. With adult supervision of course, the students were allowed to pair up and wander around the block. Jen and Theresa paired up together and Cheng was their eighteen year old supervisor. Wandering around aimlessly, Theresa had a vision of where the Oracle was. What was strange, when, in her vision, she saw him he looked directly at her. He saw her. He defiantly saw her. When the three finally got there, Jen said she had to go to the bathroom, so, leaving Theresa behind, Jen and Cheng went to the bathroom in the restaurant beside them.
"I was wondering when you'd show up."
Theresa spun around to find a shriveled up, short man with round blue sunglasses counting through the money he had earned. His voice was gruff and slightly hoarse. It had a hint of bitterness and annoyance in it.
"Well?" he asked her, now annoyance defiantly in his voice. "Do you wish to learn your prophecy or not?"
Theresa gaped. "Are you the Oracle?"
He looked up from his money and grimanced which Theresa thought was supposed to be his form of a smile. "No, I'm Johnny Depp."
Theresa obviously didn't get the joke, the shock still running through her mind.
'Johnny Depp' rolled his eyes. "Of course I'm the Oracle, Theresa. The one and only."
"Oh, okay...wait," Theresa hesitated. "I never told you my name." She prepared to attack this man.
He lowered his sunglasses to the tip of his nose. Theresa gasped. Instead of normal eyes with irises and pupils, his eyes were like molten opals. They had every misty colour imaginable circling round and around and around. Just looking into his eyes made Theresa nervous, jumpy, dizzy and nauseous.
He smiled. "I know." And with saying that, he raised the sunglasses to cover his strange eyes. "So do you want to know what is going on with your powers or not?"
Theresa was about to ask him how he knew about her 'special powers' but then didn't. If he really was the Oracle, he would know everything. "Those powers of yours, Theresa, they will only get more powerful and stronger. You will meet six others much like yourself, but not exactly. You will meet a legendary evil and more beyond your wildest dreams. Do not be afraid of them, it will only weaken you. That boy, the one you saw in your last vision. The one that was tall, but not as tall as the farm boy. His name is Jay. You will meet him in five years. Do not forget his face." The last sentence that the Oracle said was slow and burnt in Theresa's mind forever.
"Listen, you want to be normal? Huh? Well you're not. You never will be and you never were. Get used to it because these visions of yours will only get mosre intense and more regular. More on a daily basis. But you will learn. You will learn how to control them and eventually, more powers." He turned around and looked over to the door where Jen and Cheng had gone through to get to the bathroom. "Your friends should be back soon."
The very second that the Oracle turned back to his money, Jen and Cheng returned through the door to Theresa.
"Come on!" Jen said to Theresa. "Let's get back to the studio with the hottie of a stunt double, Sensei Luing and the other students."
"Cool." Theresa said. The three headed back to the studio to meet the others. The Oracle knew a lot, more about Theresa than even she did.
"Watch out for the pole." He muttered. Five seconds later, Jen walked into a pole and got a big, fat bruise. Theresa's prophecy was burnt into her mind forever more, not a word out of place.
Sign up to rate and review this story