Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Before it all Began...

Jay Jr.: Their Future Leader

by jengrey 1 review

Jay and his friend Sam get in alittle bit of trouble with three Cyclops's.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-03-06 - Updated: 2007-03-07 - 882 words

0Unrated
'Come on Sam,' A 12-year-old boy whispered as loud as he could manage to his beast friend. 'We're gonna be late for science.'
'Science-mience,' Sam replied. 'It's not like I'm going to be a scientist when I grow up.'
'Sam, science is mandatory. The bell just rung and if we don't get to class soon, Mr. Carty is going to have a fit.'
'Carty is always having some sort of fit or another.' Sam muttered just loud enough for his best friend to hear. 'Jay, you're such a goody-goody. I think that almost everyone has skipped at least one class before in their life, or maybe half of a class, except for you and Marion.'
'Marion kind of scares me,' Jay said. 'She's always the teacher's pet. God, I wish that she wasn't. It is really annoying.'
'No matter how annoying she is, don't try to change the subject.' Sam said as he poked his head around the corner. 'Even if our principle gets us in trouble, what's the worst that could happen? We could say that we were just going to the bathroom after lunch, and we didn't hear the bell go off.'
Jay sighed. 'Mr. Nereus won't believe us. If he is a principle, he'd be smart enough to know that we're lying. And you know what I find really disturbing?'
'What?'
'Mr. Nereus' daughters are really hot, but he has so many, like, 50 or something. He calls them his 'Nereid's'. Weird, huh?'
'Yah,' Sam said distantly. 'C'mon, there's a Starbucks just around the corner from the school. You have your ID card?'
'Yes,' Jay said, following Sam out of the school. 'But how're we gonna get out, or back in for that matter?'
'Easy solution,' Sam turned to face Jay, a wicked smile on his face; the smile that Jay knew was a recipe for a month-long Detention. 'We sneak out, and we sneak in. Fun, huh?
'Not really,' Jay muttered. 'Sam, I really think that we should go back to class, no one knows where we are, and we could get in a lot of trouble.'
'Oh, stop being such a goody-two-sh-'
But before same could finish his sentence, three very large shadows blocked their path. They were tall, tanned and...one-eyed.
'J-J-Jay?' Sam stuttered.
'Y-Yah, Sam?'
Sam gulped. 'I'm b-beginning to think that y-you were r-right about sneaking out.'
'Oh really?' Jay said angrily, almost forgetting his fear and confusion.
'B-But Jay?'
'What?' Jay said through gritted teeth.
Sam gulped once more. 'They're giants, and have one eye.'
'I realize that, Sam, thank you for noticing the obvious.'
'No problem.'
The three one-eyed giants laughed in a booming voice.
'Well, well, welly, well, well, well,' one said. 'What do we have here?'
'A couple of human boys.' Another said.
'You're right, Brontes,' the first one said. 'What do you think, Steropes?' he asked the third.
'Them's look tasty,' the one referred to as Steropes said, licking his lips like a kid in a candy store. 'I say we take em' and eat em'. Human boys are always best young. The meat is tenderer, 'specially for heroes.' Steropes seemed to be eyeing Jay, like he was some sort of hero.
'No way, our meat is actually really bad, not tender at all!' Jay said, slowly backing up towards the school, a plan being worked out in his head.
'Really, really dry. I don't think that you'd like it.' Sam added on. He knew Jay's strategy. I worked really well the week before when the school bully was about to beat them up.
'Eh, it don't matter to us, eh Arges?' The first one said. 'We Cyclops's don't mind it all that much, we're just REALLY, REALLY hungry. I think you'll do just fine.'
Jay and Sam exchanged eye contact and Jay nodded to signal Sam to move to the left a bit, farther from the school door, and distract the Cyclops's.
'Well then excuse me when I say that you would probably prefer a dipping sauce to go with, uh, us.'
'Nah, we like em' raw. Don't we Brontes?'
'Oh, most definitely.' Brontes said, nodding his head up and down vigorously.
'Well then excuse me when I say, NOW!' Jay said as he swung himself under Brontes' feet and while the other Cyclops's were trying to catch Jay (he was a fast runner) Sam leap over to the school door around the corner. Jay ran towards the street and dodged a couple of cars whereas the Cyclops's...did not. A couple of cars swerved to avoid Jay and the three creatures and a number of shouts and swear words were heard from the cars' occupants. Jay ran and leaped into a bush across the street and while the Cyclops's were looking for him, he snuck out through the other side of the bush, grabbed the first rock he saw and threw it across to the police station where the Cyclops's were near to.
'He's over there!' Arges shouted. And at that, the other two Cyclops's ran towards the station. Once the Cyclops's were out of sight, Jay scrambled to his feet to where Sam was, holding the door open for them 'Next time you try to skip class,' Jay said, his arm slung over Sam's shoulder support. 'Don't.'
Sign up to rate and review this story