Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Broken Down On Memory Lane

Four - Bouquet of Clumsy Words and a Simple Melody.

by punkypromqueen 7 reviews

so, duets are cool.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-03-06 - Updated: 2007-03-07 - 1247 words - Complete

3Exciting
"Fuck, you agreed to sing this with Patrick?" Joe looked at Kate from atop the lyric sheet. Kate sighed and nodded before dramatically falling onto the couch next to Joe. It was 11:56 and Kate prayed that the next four minutes lasted forever, because unfortunately for her Patrick was also very punctual.
"Kate, I seriously would have told everyone to fuck off - you guys letting us do a tour with you is more than enough, you don't need to do this song." Joe sighed while attempting to braid her hair.
"No Joey you need this - but I swear to God, do not leave once he gets here cause I cannot be in here with just him Frank, Bob and PJ - those are not fun times."
Kate laughed as Joe looked confused at the big knot he had created in her hair. He innocently put her hair down before scratching his head.
"I won't leave, I'll stay here and play both sides like always but if your going to do this you need to warm up now cause I cannot take both of you guys being annoying and warming up at the same time - cause he freaking sings Nat King Cole and Usher and you sing Christina Aguilera or Aretha Franklin and together I think I will just kill myself."
Kate laughed as she combed her hair with her fingers before breaking into the chorus of 'Lady Marmalade.'

Patrick could here 'Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir' clearly though the closed studio door. He sighed before averting his attention back to Frank and Bob who were handing him paper after paper of musical jargon.
"You'll obviously have to listen to the music and talk to Kate before actually laying down the tracks 'cause she's very particular with the way she wants things done." Frank rambled as Patrick rolled his eyes.
"I know." He replied though a sigh, Frank however continued to tell him things he already knew.
"Frank, Frank . . . Frank!" Bob yelled and Frank stopped talking to look at the other manager,
"He knows. He's done this for a long time and he's worked with her before." Bob replied and Frank nodded before opening the door to the studio. Immediately Kate switched from 'Lady Marmalade' to Aretha Franklin's 'Walk On By.' Joe laughed and shook his head before getting up to say his hellos to everyone.
"Katie baby, you ready to go?" Frank called over to her.
"Gross don't call me that and of course I'm ready I've only been here for an hour." She huffed before crossing her arms over her chest.
"I'm sorry I didn't know I was supposed to be here until 30 minutes ago." Patrick apologized but Kate ignored him.
"This isn't going to work if you're going to ignore me Kate." He replied and Kate scribbled something on a sheet of paper before shoving it at his chest. Patrick unfolded the note and read it out loud.

Not really my problem.
XO.
- Kate


"Nice Kate, childish much?" He sighed. She raised her eyebrows before scribbling something else down on the notepad. She ripped off another sheet and shoved it in his direction.

Yes of course, I'm the childish one because I snuck out on you last night - oh wait . . .
XO.
- Kate


"My God I had to!" He raised his voice a little and Kate rolled her eyes.
"Does anyone know what's going on?" Frank questioned the room, Joe and Bob both shrugged.
"Whatever Patrick I don't care, lets get this shit over with so I get far the hell away from you." She sighed, before rummaging though the folder in front of her.
"Ah, she speaks." Joe replied in an unsuccessful attempt to keep the mood light.
"I felt bad for the trees I was wasting on him. Save the planet." She threw up a peace sign before finding what she was looking for. She severely highlighted the paper before handing it to Patrick.
"Everything in green is you."
He quickly read over the lyrics before looking up confused.
"Whose idea was this?"
"Obviously not mine." Kate looked away clearly embarrassed.
"Kate I had no idea . . ." Patrick started off and went to grab her arm but she pulled it out of his grasp.
"Don't alright, just don't. All you have to do is listen to the track and sing the damn song Patrick. Follow my lead and I'm sure you'll catch on, my part is first anyways."

PJ played the song track a handful of times before the pair actually went into the sound booth to record. To everyone who wasn't singing the recording process was relatively painless but for the two that were it was almost unbearable. After everyone had gone Pete entered the studio to find PJ tweaking the last bit of the song.

"How'd it turn out?" Pete asked curious. PJ sighed.
"I think you'll be pleased, but dude where did you get this song? Man it is so intense."
"Actually Kate wrote everything she sings, it wasn't supposed to be a duet but I had this weird idea and I took the lyrics to someone else and asked them to write a second part, and that's what he came up with - then I took it back to Kate and she loved the idea of a duet, I just happened to forget to mention who wrote the second part." Pete replied with a nod.
"Wait, why did you 'forget' to mention it? Who wrote it?" He was confused.
"Patrick did."
"Are you kidding me?" PJ's jaw hit the floor.
"No I'm not kidding, that's why I pushed so fucking hard to get them to record it together. Now play it back I want to hear it."
PJ did as he was told and pushed the playback button.

Did you ever used to dream about me?
Don't you miss how we used to walk in the rain?
Did you ever even care about me?
Did you know I'd never be the same?
Answer me!


Yes, I always used to dream about you
Even thought I found it hard to sleep
Look at us back here again
Only fools burn twice, but the fires been started.


And though it might not've seemed like it then
I loved you more than you ever did love me


That's not true - I swear it's not true
I loved you more then you ever did love me
We're both guilty


Promise me you'll stay tomorrow
Promise me you'll stay tonight
Promise me you'll never leave me
For the rest of both our lives
Promise me you'll stay tomorrow
Promise me you'll stay tonight
I forgive you


Boy you always had a need about you
Even though you thought it wasn't that


And I actually used to lie about you
Saying that I'd never want you back
Should we go home it's getting late


And though it might not've seemed like it then
I loved you more than you ever did love me


That's not true - I swear it's not true
I loved you more then you ever did love me
We're both guilty


Promise me you'll stay tomorrow
Promise me you'll stay tonight
Promise me you'll never leave me
For the rest of both our lives
Promise me you'll stay tomorrow
Promise me you'll stay tonight

I forgive you
I forgive you
I forgive you




............
unfortunately those lyrics aren't mine the song is called 'Promise Me Tomorrow Tonight' by Danielle Brisebois ft. Gregg Alexander - props to them. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story