Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Escape to L.A.

The Video Shoot and a Secret

by Dancemandydance 7 reviews

The video shoot goes to plan, but something unexpected happens that could put a rift in some relationships.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-03-06 - Updated: 2007-03-07 - 3783 words

3Exciting
-Pete's POV-

We get to the studio around 8 am to start shooting for the day. Today we're doing the Joe and Kat scenes so I'm mostly going to be behind the camera watching the dailies. And tonight is when we do the club scene with Kat and I, which I'm very excited about. When we get there the first person we run into is Tiffany.

"Hi Pete," she says, smiling at me.

"Hi Tiffany, how are you?"

"I'm good...oh, hi Kat," she says with a hint of disdain in her voice. What's that about?

"Hi Tiffany," Kat says with the same tone. I still don't get girls. Kat goes and changes into her Star Wars t-shirt and jeans. See, the concept for the video is that Kat is our dream girl, but we each have our own perception of our dream girl. She watches Star Wars and pals around with Joe, she reads comics and eats vegan food with Andy, she cuddles and makes pancakes for Patrick (all my idea), and she basically makes out with me (again...my idea). I handed that basic concept to Alan Ferguson, our director, and he came up with a great treatment. Kat is the puppet master and we are her puppets. We all have the perfect girlfriend, or so we think, because she's actually playing us all for fools and gets us together in the end and we realize that it's all been a fun game for her.

"How do I look?" she says coming out of the room, spinning like she would if she had a ball gown on.

Joe smiles at her and answers, "like my dream girl," and goes up to hug her but I stop him and hug her first. "Oh, common! I'm just getting into character," he whines.

"Uh huh...not until the cameras roll, bud," I warn.

"We're ready for Kat and Joe," says Ferguson's assistant. We get up and walk out to the set. There's a big comfy couch and a huge TV screen playing Star Wars.

"Ok Kat...you sit here and Joe you're here. Cuddle up to him. Joe take the popcorn. Ok...playback and...action." The song starts to play and Joe and Kat start to act all warm and cuddly towards each other, eating popcorn and watching the movie. I'm guessing she's pretending Joe is me because she's very convincing...or she's just a really good actress. "Ok...cut. That was great guys. Let's do a couple more though just to get angles for editing." They do a couple more and then it's up to the bedroom scene. No...not that kind of bedroom scene. They just have a lightsaber fight. The scene goes great, Kat is hilarious with her moves and Joe is very "Jedi". They get all the shots they need by 1 and then we break for lunch.

Kat, the boys, and I go to a cute little café in L.A. It's busy, but it's mostly a celebrity crowd so we don't get a lot of people bombarding us for autographs. When we walk in I hear someone call my name.

"Pete! Hey!" It's Ryan Ross and...Brendon. I'm still mad at him for dream sexin' Kat.

"Hey Ryan!" says Kat as she draws him into an embrace. "What are you guys doing here? Hi, Brendon."

"Hi, we're just hanging out before we go into the studio and fuck around with some tracks," says Brendon.

"You guys wanna join us for lunch?" asks Andy.

"You know it," Brendon replies. We find 2 tables and push them together. Kat sits next to him and I get a little hot under the collar. She must have forgotten about my dream...or she just wants to piss me off for some reason. I sit next to her and sulk while she chats away with Brendon, talking about the video. After a couple of minutes she looks over at me and frowns.

"Pete, what's wrong?" she says, putting her hand on my thigh. I just sulk and look away. "Peter don't be a child," she huffs. I say nothing. "Fine...be that way." She turns and starts chatting up Patrick who's sitting across from her.

"So Patrick...I get to bake you pancakes tomorrow."

"I know! I'm oh so excited. I already got a rumbly in my tumbly."

"Don't let her cook for you...she can't cook at all," interjects Andy.

"How do you know?" asks Patrick.

"This one time, on the tour, she tried to make me food...it was just horrible," he says, squishing up his face.

"That's because it was Vegan, you dummy," Kat giggles.

"Yeah...still."

"He's right though. I really suck at making food. Ask Pete," she says, hoping to get me to talk.

"Is that true, Pete?" asks Joe. I just nod. We finish up our meals, say goodbye to Ryan and Brendon, and walk back to the car to drive back over to the set. Before we get to the car, Kat pulls me aside.

"Pete, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Nothing...I'm fine," I say, my face to the ground. She puts her finger under my chin and lifts it up forcefully.

"Bull shit...what's wrong? We can't act like this now, we have to go and make out in front of the camera."

"It's just...I don't know. It's really stupid. You talking to Brendon made me a little upset."

"Why?" she asks sincerely. I then realize she doesn't remember the dream.

"My dream." Her eyes widen and she puts her arms around my waist.

"Pete, I'm sorry. I forgot...but you don't have to worry. If anything, I'm just nice to Brendon because I got sick of being a bitch to him. I have no feelings for him at all." She gazes up into my eyes until I smile. "Okay?"

"Okay. Let's go make out," I giggle, grabbing her hand and getting onto the bus. We get back to the studio and Kat and I change into our "club clothes". In this scene, Kat and I go to a club since that's all I was photographed doing before I met her and we dance and kiss and then we'll go back to "my place" and "get it on". She comes out in that sexy black dress and I come out in my dress pants and white button up dress shirt.

"You look dashing, Wentz," she giggles as I lock arms with him and walk out onto the set.

"You guys look great," says Alan. "Okay so in this scene, you guys know what to do. You walk in and go to the middle of the dance floor. Kat, you're in control of the relationship...you drive him insane with lust."

"Ok so no acting required?" I asks seriously, getting a laugh from everyone on the set.

"Exactly. Positions everyone...audio playback and...action." We walk into the club and Kat pulls me onto the dance floor, dancing to the beat of the song. She's such an amazing dancer and I'm totally in the moment. I really don't feel like I have to act at all...this is the easiest shoot we've ever done. "Okay cut. Guys that was great. Pete...good job. Kat you're sexy as hell. This is good stuff." We have to do a lot of takes because of extras and the like. Then we do the scene in the booth where she's sitting on my lap and whispering in my ear "let's get out of here". We do that a couple of times, too, and finally Alan calls it a wrap for the day.

"Okay tomorrow we'll do the bedroom scene for Kat and Pete and go on to Patrick's scenes," he announces to everyone as we walk off the set. I go to get changed and Tiffany's there playing with some of the clothes.

"Hi Pete...good shoot?" she asks, looking back at me.

"Yeah. I really didn't have to act...it was great."

"Yeah...I wish I had a relationship like that with someone," she frowns.

"You don't have a boyfriend?"

"Nope...free as a bird," she says, walking towards me. "Do you know of anyone that might want to...you know..."

"Date you? Yeah, probably. How about Patrick?"

She lets out a little giggle. "Patrick? Really? I dunno..."

"What's wrong with Patrick?"

"Oh nothing, he's really sweet. I just usually go for jocky guys. But yeah...I'll go out with him I guess. Maybe we could do a double date say...tomorrow night?"

"Yeah. That sounds awesome." I know Patrick said he wasn't interested in her, but I really needed to get him to date again so I thought he wouldn't mind. When I told him as we walked out to our cars I got a different reaction then I was hoping for.

"Are you crazy?" he screamed. Kat and I looked at each other and shrugged. "I can't date her...she's too...too..."

"Hot?" Kat asks.

"Yeah."

"Just give it a shot, Patrick. It's a double date so you won't be completely alone. We just need you to get back in the saddle again," I say, nudging his arm.

"Yeah, okay."

-Kat's POV-

We get up today just as early as we woke up yesterday and head over to the studio. I get my hair and makeup done and slip back into that dress; Pete back into his club clothes. This time we're in "Pete's bedroom" where I'm supposed to push him on the bed, crawl on top of him, and make out with him frantically. Sure, I have no problem doing this in real life but in front of thirty other people it can be a little daunting. We step onto the set and wait for Alan to give us directions. I can tell he sees a look of panic on my face.

"Don't worry, Kat. Just act like you do when you and Pete are alone." Pete looks at me and I look at him and we both start to giggle. Oh, if only he knew. "What's so funny?"

"Oh...nothing," says Pete with a sense of whimsy to his voice. "Just...ravish me, Kat," he says seductively.

"Ok...I'm good to go," I say.

"And are you going nowhere fast?" I hear Patrick call from the side.

"It could be worse, you know...I could be taking you there with me," I giggle.

"Ha ha...funny," Pete says sarcastically.

"Ok guys...positions...playback...action." The camera pans to the door and I run in with Pete in tow. I slam the door and pull him close to me, kissing him like crazy. He runs his fingers down my back and I start to giggle. "cut...cut," Alan sighs. "What was that?"

"I dunno...he tickled me," I say.

"Ok let's go again. Pete, don't tickle her." Pete shrugs and we go back out the door. We go again, repeating the movements and this time I don't giggle. I slam him on the bed and crawl on top of him, kissing him frantically. Then Pete starts to giggle. "CUT! What is this? Are you guys trying to mess up so you can spend all day kissing or something?" We both look at each other and giggle. "Ok go again from Kat pushing Pete on the bed." We go again and this time we get it down perfectly. By the time we finish its lunch and this time we just eat at the studio.

After lunch, its time for Patrick and I to do our scenes. I'm dressed in a cute sundress with an apron and my hair is in loose curls. Patrick's dressed in boxers, a t-shirt, and a hat since we're doing a scene where he walks down the stairs and finds me making breakfast for him. We get the shot by dinner and then go off and get ready to do the couch cuddling scene.

"Ok so this scene...you two are cuddling on the couch and being all sweet watching Say Anything. Patrick, you're going to look down at Kat and kiss her on the lips, okay?"

"What?" he gasps. "Lips? Who said lips? We never talked about lips!!!"

"Whoa, Patrick calm down. I'm not that repulsive, am I?"

"No it's not that. It's just...Pete."

"It's ok...I know you guys are acting," Pete says from behind us. "Kiss her....kiss her," he sings.

"Ok so we're good?" asks Alan, somewhat apprehensively. We both nod and walk over to the couch and curl up in a blanket. He calls action and we cuddle up and watch the movie. "Ok now Trick look down at her and...kiss her." Patrick's lips hit mine...they're so soft. I put my hand on his cheek and kiss him back. He parts his lips from mine and turns beat red. "PERFECT! I love the blushing. CUT! Let's take it a couple more times for angles and then we'll call it a night." We do as he says and then he calls it a wrap on the day.

"Awww Patrick, you're a good kisser," I say.

"I taught him all he knows," Pete says as he walks over and kisses me on the lips; his lips are softer. "Let's go get changed and go out with Tiffany." I nod and we go and get changed.

"Everyone ready to go?" I ask. They all nod and we head to Pete's car and drive to the restaurant. We get a table in the corner so not a lot of fans come up, but when they do the boys are very nice and give them autographs. A few even ask for mine, which flatters me to no end.

"So...How'd the shoot go today?" asks Tiffany, staring at Pete. I swear I will gouge her eyes out.

"Oh, awesome. I got to make out with Kat and then watch her kiss my best friend. Good times," Pete giggles, playing with his straw and sipping is Diet Coke.

"Oh yeah I heard about that. Patrick you really didn't want to kiss her, did you? Does she have bad breath or something?" she laughs and Patrick laughs with her. I don't find it funny.

"Ha ha no...I just didn't want my ass kicked by Pete. He gets uber angry if anyone gets near Kat. You should have seen him at lunch yesterday when..." he stopped when Pete kicked him under the table.

"When what?"

"Ohhhh nevermind. Just silly stuff," he says.

We have a nice time at dinner but I still think that Tiffany stares at Pete way more than she should. I am so scared she is going to try the moves on him and I act extra affectionate towards Pete; he doesn't mind.

When we get back home I basically rock his world and then we lay in bed, talking.

"So...Tiffany," he says, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and rubbing my skin, "I really don't think she likes Patrick."

"That's because she's after you."

"What? You're joking..." he says, looking down at me. I prop my head on my hands that are lying on his chest and look up at him.

"No...she's after you. She said yes just to get closer to you. I bet it was even her who suggested the whole double date thing, right?"

He rubs his hand over my back and nods. "Maybe you're right...she did seem to be looking at me a lot." I nod frantically and he laughs. "Don't worry though, beauty, I'm not the least bit interested in her. I only see you."

"I know," I sigh, lying back on my side cuddled under Pete's arm. I run my hand down his chest and rest my hand on his tattoo. "I trust you...way more than you trust me."

"I trust you angel, I just don't trust the guys that hit on you."

"Uh huh," I yawn. "Well I'm gonna go beddy bye now Peter." I rest my head on his chest and lay my arm across his chest. I give him a little hug and then close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

-Pete's POV-

I know Kat is right - Tiffany definitely is attracted to me. And yes, she is attractive, but I just don't...I don't know. It's like she's just a blur next to Kat. Out of all the girls I've ever been with, Kat is the only one that makes everyone else disappear when I'm with her, even hot girls. I lay awake thinking about it for a little and then drift off to sleep.

The next day we shoot Andy's scene and the concert scene where she confronts us and we all discover that she's been playing us. It went well and it ended up being very funny, which is just what we were going for. After we're done I go and get changed. I have my shirt off and just my jeans on when Tiffany walks in.

"Oh Pete...I'm sorry. It's okay, I've seen it all before. I just really need to start packing up."

"It's fine," I say, lifting my shirt over my head. "Hey thanks for doing such a great job on the costumes and for going out with Patrick last night."

"Yeah...no problem. It was fun, but I think you know why I really went," she says, walking up to me. I back up to the wall and she gets very close to me, putting her hands on the wall and pinning me in. "I want you, Pete," she says seductively.

"Yeah I got that feeling," I say, peeling her arms away from the wall and pushing her back. "But I am in love with Katrina...you know...the beautiful girl I was kissing at dinner? The girl I'm always with?"

"Yeah, she's cute and all Pete, but how long is that going to last? She's naïve and soon her band is going to blow up and you will have no time together," she says, getting close to me again. "You need someone," she runs her finger down my chest but I push it away, "someone to satisfy your needs as a man...whenever you need them. You need someone sexy like me."

"I have someone sexy," I say, getting angry. "Kat is the sexiest woman I know and yes...her band is getting big, but we will always be together. I'm going to marry her and she will satisfy all the needs I have better than you could do any day." I turn around to leave and see Kat standing there, leaning in against the doorframe. She has a smile on her face.

"Kat, baby...Its not what it looks like," I run up to her, pleading.

"I know, Pete," she says, grabbing my hand. "I saw the whole thing." She looks at Tiffany with dagger eyes. "And I do satisfy all the needs he has...but I do it without giving him the clap."

"You bitch!" Tiffany screams, lunging towards Kat. I dart between the and grab their shoulders, holding them away from each other.

"Girls, stop it. Tiffany...you're a great costume designer but a crappy human being. Think about what you do before you do it. Hitting on me was really stupid...and using Patrick as your little play thing. Stupid. Kat," I pause and look at her, "I love you."

"I think I might puke," Tiffany says, pulling away from Pete. "I'm glad you turned me down...I don't want a sissy boy." Just then Patrick walks in.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing," Kat says.

"Yeah...nothing," I say, putting my hand at the small of Kat's back and walking out the door. "Let's go, Patrick."

"No...what happened?"

"Tiffany tried to get with me, okay?" Pete snaps.

"Yeah, I figured that would happen," Patrick says, looking over at Tiffany, who shrugs at him. "Nice, Tiffany...really nice." He walks out.

"Patrick, wait," I call after him. I catch up to him and put my hand on his shoulder, pulling him back. "Patrick, she's not worth a minute of your time."

"Oh, I know. I just..."

"What?" I ask urgently.

"You always get the girl...I wanted to get a girl for once."

"What are you talking about?" Just then Kat walks into the hall.

"Everything okay?" she asks. Patrick nods and then I nod. I guess we'll talk about this later.

"Good. Let's go back to Pete's and eat...I'm starving," she says, rubbing her stomach. We get Joe and Andy and go back to my place to eat.

"So that was an awesome shoot...that video is going to be huge," says Joe as he bites into the last bagel.

"Joe...I wanted that," Kat pouts. Joe sighs and hands it to her. "No...not now. It's got Joe germs." He laughs and takes another bite.

"Suit yourself."

That night we just hang out and watch TV and act normal, but Patrick's and my unfinished conversation is nagging at the back of my mind. Before they leave, I pull Patrick aside. Kat had gone up to get changed so she couldn't interrupt us again.

"Patrick...are we okay?"

"Yeah..." he says unconvincingly.

"What do you mean 'you always get the girl'? Do you like Kat or something?" He shrugs. "Oh my God...you do."

"No, I don't," he barks. "I used to...but then I just realized it was hopeless because she was so obviously in love with you."

"Patrick, why didn't you tell me?"

"What would that have done? Just cause a rift in our friendship and I didn't want that," he says, looking down at the ground.

"Patrick I love you, you know that. I guess you're right...that would have hurt me. But Kat and I...we're just..."

"...Made for each other," he finishes. I nod. "Yeah, I know. I just need to find that someone for me."

"We'll find her," I wink, putting my hand on his shoulder. He smiles at me and walks out the door.

"Everything alright, baby?" Kat asks me as I walk into the bedroom.

"Yeah...everything's fine now," I say, taking off my pants and climbing in to bed. I pull her close to me and look down at her. "I love you so much..."

"I know," she says playfully.

"Heyyy..."

"I love you, too," she giggles before kissing my cheek. "I'm tired as hell though so would it be okay if..."

"Of course. We can't have sex every night...that's just weird." She giggles and cuddles up to me and falls asleep.


_____________________________________________________________________

Seriously...reviews would make me swoon.
Sign up to rate and review this story