Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > Hunter-Gatherer

Epilogue

by PPM42 1 review

Beast Boy has his own score to settle before he can show his face to Terra again. Sequel to Irresistible Lies. PG-13 for steaminess and violence in later chapters.

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Beast Boy, Terra - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-09-23 - Updated: 2005-09-24 - 461 words

0Unrated
Beast Boy's body shook, though he was not the one doing it, and he only barely opened his eyes to see Terra retracting her hand and the other Titans standing around wherever he was.

"Garfield..." Terra's voice sounded sweeter than ever to Beast Boy's ears, even though she was obviously dying inside to see him like this. "Garfield, we..." She choked on her words and couldn't get through the sentence. Beast Boy knew what she was going to say anyway.

"We...can't save you," Raven confessed, finishing Terra's sentence for her.

"The only reason you're still alive right now is your genetics. Your nerve structure changes from animal to animal." Cyborg knew Beast Boy probably wouldn't be able to understand that, and he wished he could hear Beast Boy say "Uhm...what?" just once more, but Beast Boy could not speak.

"The toxin is too potent," Robin said. "By the time we made sure that Madame Rouge wouldn't get in the way of us trying to save you..." He let the sentence dangle. "I'm sorry, Beast Boy." Robin hung his head regretfully, almost in shame.

"But worry not, brave Beast Boy," Starfire began. "You have lived a warrior's life and you will have died a warrior's death. I honour you and X'Hal smiles upon you." She actually knelt down on one knee in respect for him. Upon rising, she continued, "And I pray that you meet an afterlife most fitting."

Terra's face was streaked with tears, though Beast Boy could not see. "Don't leave me, Garfield," she pleaded, desperate. "Don't go. Stay here."

Beast Boy focused his eyes on her and pushed three words from his lips with the greatest of effort. "Let...me...go." He wanted to say so much more, but he could barely form the thoughts, much less the words, in the quickly closing darkness.

Terra picked up Beast Boy's prone and fading body, hugged him tightly against her, and whispered, "I love you, Garfield."

He knew his time was all too short, but still he tried to say into her ear, "I...aagh..." His body went limp and his head fell over her shoulder. Terra felt his neck for a pulse, then closed her eyes and brought him even closer to her.

Starfire walked the few steps to where Terra was, knelt again on both legs, pressed her hands together, and said a short prayer in Tamaranean.

"Great X'Hal, this child of Earth has given his life in battle for the noblest of causes. Though he knows not of you, this plea is on behalf of one of your children. I beg you, gather his body and soul as one and, under your guidance, show him to his proper afterlife. Grant him peace in the hereafter. Amen."
Sign up to rate and review this story