Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Escape to L.A.

Good News and Bad News

by Dancemandydance 7 reviews

Pete and Kat find out good news and bad news...duh:)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-03-13 - Updated: 2007-03-14 - 728 words

1Exciting
-Kat's POV-

It's about a week later. Pete and I sit at the kitchen table, staring at my cell phone sending Jedi-vibes at it, trying to get it to ring. We hear a ringtone, but it's not mine.

"Yeah?" Pete answers. "No...not yet. I promise I'll call you as soon as I know. Ok, bye."

"Who was it?" I ask, placing my hand on his.

"Rob. He's worried."

"Why didn't he call me I wonder?"

"I dunno," he shrugs, "probably because he doesn't want to tie up your line or something. I dunno...but Keith and Jack are there with him so as soon as we know I'll give them a call. Don't worry about anything."

"Ha ha...right. Worrying? Who's worried?" I joke. Just then my phone goes off. Pete and I look at each other, wide eyed.

"Answer it," he suggests.

"Hello?" I ask, my hands shaking. Pete grabs my hand and holds it tight.

"Hi, Kat. I got your biopsy results and I have good news and bad news."

"Oh..." I look at Pete, his eyes welling up with tears. "Good news first, please."

"The lump is benign. You don't have cancer. However, to be on the safe side I would like to do surgery and remove it. We can actually use the same procedure that we used for the biopsy. Quick and simple."

"And that's the bad news? Wow...okay." Pete squeezes my hand tightly and I squeeze back, smiling at him. I've had surgery before so I'm not at all worried. In fact, I'm elated. "When can we do it?"

"I can schedule it for next week. What day is good for you?"

"Any day. As soon as possible, really. I just want to get it over and done with."

"Alright, is Friday good?"

"Yes that's fine." I smile at Pete and he wipes his eyes, cracking a smile.

"Alright, we'll see you then."

"Alright. Bye." I hang up the phone and smile at Pete.

"No cancer?" he asks, wide-eyed like a little boy.

"No cancer."

"YES!" Pete jumps up and pulls me up, hugging me tightly. He kisses my lips then stops and steps back. "Wait...then why do you have to go into the doctors?"

"They want to remove the lump, just to be certain. But they're using the same procedure they used for the biopsy so its an in-and-out virtually painless thing and my scar will disappear within months." I stroke his cheek and look into his eyes. "I told you I would be fine, Pete."

"I don't think, honestly, that I've ever been so happy."

"Not even when you hit #1? Twice?" I ask, running my finger down his chest and looking up into his eyes seductively.

"Nope, not even close." He pulls me close to him and kisses me again. "Let me call the guys. We'll all go out for dinner and celebrate."

"Okay, you can call them. But I don't really want to go out. I'de much rather stay here...with you." I poke his chest and turn away from him, walking up the stares with all the sexiness I can muster. I look back and see Pete sigh and put his hand on his heart as he dials Rob.

About five minutes later he comes up the stairs and finds me sitting on the bed in my silk nightgown.

'Wow, you're pretty," he gasps as he walks towards the bed.

"Pretty...that's a nice word. Nobody ever uses that word anymore," I say as he crawls towards me.

"You're more than pretty," he whispers, resting on his knees in front of me. He puts one hand on my neck and supports his weight with the other, leaning in and giving me a soft kiss. "You're gorgeous," kiss, "and sexy", kiss, "and a complete nerd."

"Hey!" I laugh, slapping him playfully.

"What? Nerds are sexy."

"Oh I know. I'm in love with one," I whisper, drawing my face closer to his and kissing him softly.

"I'm so glad you're okay, Katrina. I wouldn't be able to go on living if you..." I put my finger to his mouth. He kisses it and then kisses my cheek.

"You are a hopeless romantic. You know that?"

"That I am. Now let me ravage you, my lady."

____________________________________________________________________

Yes, I know it's short but more goodness is coming. Review, por favor.
Sign up to rate and review this story