Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Four Senses

Chapter 1

by elvenmagic101 0 reviews

Harry and Ginny break up after her fifth year, but soon get back together to go fight Voldemort. Ginny losses something on the way, though...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Ginny, Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-03-14 - Updated: 2007-03-14 - 374 words

-1TrainWreck
I couldn't see at all, my eyes were so wet. The last thing I wanted to hear was what Harry was saying right now.

"Ginny, I don't want Voldemort to hurt you," I didn't even cringe at the name. The shock at what he was saying was so great. "Are you ok?"

I realized then that my face was soaked with tears. I quickly wiped them away and said "Yes. And Harry?" I looked straight into his eyes and the pain I saw there almost killed me. "I...I love you."

Just then lightning streaked across the sky and rain pouring down, the enormous drops splashing and shattering around me. I knew I couldn't make it another second without breaking to pieces. So I ran. I ran until I could see the painting that lead to the Gryffindor common room. Then I just stopped and let the tears come.

"Ginny, Ginny turn around," I heard someone whisper. So I did. I was too broken to care if they hurt me any more. Suddenly I felt cool lips on mine. I knew those lips. Harry. Every few seconds our lips were just far enough apart for Harry to breathe "Ginny." Just as he was reaching out to push my head closer, I pushed him away.

"Harry, we're just hurting ourselves," I whispered, afraid that if I talked to loud the moment would end. "Now we'll never be able to let go. Maybe I could go with you, though?" I added hopefully.

Harry just laughed bitterly. "Ginny, I would never live with myself if you died because I took you with me." His voice was pleading for me to understand. It physically hurt me.

"I just wouldn't live at all if I lost you." I said. The pain in his eyes got worse.

"Please, Ginny. I'm sorry I-"

"JUST GO!" Then I really ran. I ran away, as far as I could go. I ran back out into the cold rain, my lungs burning. I ran until I had no idea where I was. It looked like I might be in Hogsmead. I screamed. I screamed until my voice was gone, then I lay down and clutched the empty hole that used to be my heart.
Sign up to rate and review this story