Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Subject to Change

Borderline Obsession

by DeadEnd 0 reviews

Only on the verge of needing your fix

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-03-15 - Updated: 2007-03-15 - 1168 words

0Unrated
"Taco, Taco, Taco, Taco...CHALUPAS! ..Burrito..Taco, Taco. PETE"
Joe methodically chanted the tastes his tongue pined for.
"HURRY UP! From now on I am so calling him Marie Antoinette"
"Dude, she was beheaded. Ya know 'Let them eat cake' she practically let France starve." Patrick smirked a little at his knowledge. Yea, he was smart.
"Exactly. I'm cutting his head off for starving me"
Kate was at Nintendo war with Andy when Pete finally finished his girlish primping, and exited the bathroom.
"Wa-and-La"
He presented himself to the room, clad in jeans with a slight looseness to their fit and a T-shirt that had The Descendents plastered across the front. Black hair fell slightly down his forehead, slightly shadowing his eyes, more so than their eyeliner ring. Overall, he made quite a statement among society, but around his friends, he remained in common company.
" Hmm. All that time and you still not as pretty as Patrick." Andy chuckled at Kate's playful insult to Pete. Accordingly, Pete feigned a face of devastation, and then a smile crept to his face.
"And after all those many years of being cute as a button, Patrick still isn't as pretty as you"
Joe stuck his finger down his throat jokingly, not expecting the gag that would follow it.
"HAHA" Andy pointed at Joe, laughing, and was quickly given the dreaded double eagle.
Kate blushed slightly at Pete's comment, hoping that he was kidding.

In the past 4 months the boys had become widely know the Chicago scene. Of coarse, no labels had yet shown interest, but they soon would, no doubt. This was the only reason for Kate's caution. What if she allowed her self to be swept away by the love that she knew had been harbored for years, then, in an unfortunate "caught in the crossfire" incident, was swept away again, by forces more powerful than teen love.
Executives.

"Time for food." Joe grabbed his keys and headed for the door. " I'll bring back extras because I wouldn't want my little Kate Monster to starve."
To this she gave him a growl, sending involuntary shivers down Pete's spine, and making Joe give a little laugh.
"Yeah, I better go home too, I need to shower, I have a class in less than an hour, see guys tonight?"
Andy and Patrick nodded, but Pete followed Kate the door.
"I'll walk her back, then we can work on some of the songs."

In less than 5 minutes they arrived at the door. Kate placed her arms around Pete's neck and he swallowed her small frame in his larger arms.
She smelled so sweet; her hair was like silk, gently resting on his arm. The tingle her touch gave him, was one that he was sure, no other woman could coax from him.
After several seconds, she let go and unlocked the door, placed friendly kiss on his cheek, and entered her room.

These friends are, new friends are golden

Today, she would sit through a boring philosophy class and her last journalism class this semester. After this, she was off for 3 months, then she had only to complete one last semester, and her college education would be completed.

The boys practiced all day, finally stopping when they heard a pound on their door, signaling the arrival of their beloved Kate.
"she has come. She has come...and I bet she wants to go out and get food"
Joe's excitement only barely rivaled Pete's as Patrick opened the door, allowing her to step over the threshold.
Pete lifted her off the ground with his hug.
"Miss me?"
"mhm" he replied with his head buried in the crook of her neck.
The phone rang and Patrick answered. The clock read only 5:00, but the little venue a few blocks down wanted them on at 7:00.
"Looks like we have a show"
"Yippee"
Joe danced, as the rest of the band gathered their equipment.
" I'll meet you guys there, let me drop off my books."

Kate sat in a booth with a few of their good friends, only sipping ice water due to her dislike of any alcoholic beverage. The music ended and the band scheduled for 5:00 packed up and left, leaving it open for Kate's favorite band of bad luck boys.
At seven, on the dot, they made their cheerleader-like leaps onto the stage. Pete, of coarse, introduced the band, and the first song to be played.
" We're Fall Out Boy. This first song is one I wrote a couple of years ago..i haven't named it yet."
After these words, the boys played a softer tune, Andy lightly beating on the drums, Pete thumping the bass line, low like a heartbeat, Joe and Patrick strumming their guitars, creating a sound that was distinguished. The sound was simply Fall Out Boy.

How can you read me like no one else
I hide behind these words, but I'm coming out
I wish I kept them behind my tongue
I hide behind these words, but I'm coming out
Put your hand between an aching head and an aching world
We'll make them so jealous we'll make them hate us
An aching head and an aching world, we'll make the so jealous, we'll make them so jealous.
Always you make my stomach turn and all the long drives with my friends blur
And I wish I kept them inside my mind.
I hide behind the words but I'm coming out.
Think of all the places where you've been lost and then found out.
In between my sheets, in between the rights and the wrongs.
Put your hand between an aching head and an aching world
We'll make them so jealous we'll make them hate us
An aching head and an aching world, we'll make the so jealous, we'll make them so jealous.
Think of all the places where you've been lost and found out.

Kate clapped vigorously. These were ones she watched him write. After his last girlfriend, he fell apart What's more; he fell apart on her shoulders, crying on her lap, begging her not to leave him. She stayed. For almost 3 months she never left his side, she devoted her entire self to him, as she was sure, he would do for her.

After the show she met the backstage, toting waters and fresh towels. She hugged each of them, regardless of their sweaty states, and helped them out to the beaten up white van outside.
She was their roady before they were famous enough to have roadies, and with them, she hoped to stay.

Dressed in pair of nice jeans and a black band shirt, a man coming especially to see the young men of Fall Out Boy, entered the venue in just enough time to hear them play their last song. They called it Saturday. Afterward, he tried to catch them, but to no avail.
It didn't matter much though. He liked them, and he intended to make the rest of the world feel the same.
Sign up to rate and review this story