Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Is Saving You Worth The Pain?

Chapter 1 - The Beginning

by Cucumber 3 reviews

Peter Wentz

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-03-15 - Updated: 2007-03-15 - 1482 words

1Original
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Peter Wentz

I stood in the doorway of the house I had just bought. It was a quiet street in Beverly Hills, it was obviously a family street but maybe they won't mind the loner that moved into their neighborhood. The van stopped in front of my house and the guys I had specially called to help me stood ready for action. I hadn't even looked inside the house before I bought it, I just liked the location and the house looked nice. I wasn't disappointed at all when I first got inside and saw that it fit all my needs perfectly. The past month had been spent redecorating it and moving it more towards the present time. There was even a swimming pool in the back.

I hadn't seen much of my neighbors yet, but I knew that most houses inhabited kids. I hadn't seen anyone around my age yet though, but I hoped that there were some people here I could mingle with - the women I've seen so far looked intimated by me. I called the guys over and told them where I wanted things to be put; they quickly did as I told them to. I was about to go and help them when I saw a couple exit the house next door.

The man looked a bit intimidating - he was taller and more muscular then me, so that's only natural. She was something else though. A petit blonde with a gorgeous smile. She kissed the guy before he disappeared into a big black car that was waiting by the curb. She stood and watched the car drive down the street and disappear.

After the car was gone she made her way back to the house, but before she walked up the stairs to her porch she turned around. She looked at me and smiled as she made her way towards me. I am, by no means, tall, but she barely reached my shoulders as she stood in front of me.

"Hey, you must be the new guy! My name is Christine Sommers, I live next door."

I shock her outstretched hand and returned her smile.

"I guess I am. I'm Peter Wentz, nice to meet you. Was that your boyfriend?"

I gestured towards the end of the street where the car had just disappeared.

"We're actually married." She showed me the ring on her finger. "He travels a lot, so fresh blood in the street is nothing but good news!"

I wasn't quite sure how to take that statement, but she continued.

"So, are you moving in with your fiancé, or possibly a wife?"

I shook my head.

"I've got no such thing following me."

She laughed softly.

"Lucky you." She looked me up and down. "Expect the housewives to be drooling over you then. These women have no shame!"

Someone called my name from inside the house.

"I've got to go. I'll see you around?"

She nodded and turned to leave. She cocked her head to the side and turned around to face me again.

"If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to come over. I'm almost always home."

She smiled before walking towards her house. The guys emerged from the house.

"There you are! We thought you had run away or something!"

"Oh wow! Who is that?"

Joe pointed in the direction of Christine who was just disappearing into her house.

"That's my neighbor, my very married sexy neighbor."

The guys made a little whistle.

"Can I move in with you?"

I looked at Joe who looked at me back with a pout.

"No way!"

He just shrugged. "It was just a suggestion. I'll be hanging out here a lot anyway."

"Haven't you got a girlfriend already?"

"Oh yeah, I do. Damn."

Andy snorted, causing us both to look at him.

"You guys realize you're fighting over a married girl?"

"Yep, they are always more exciting."

"Joe, shut up!"


We finished unloading the van just before dinner. A pizza was ordered and we sat down in my future kitchen. There were boxes everywhere - I needed at least the next week to finish unpacking. There's nothing as boring as unpacking.

"Do you guys think I can get some people to unpack for me?"

The guys looked between me and the endless boxes.

"Probably somewhere."

"I'm not helping you, just so you know. I'm going to be busy with having a life."

"You don't have a life Joe, get over it."

"I do too!"

"New rule - No fighting allowed in my house!"

"You always manage to spoil the fun Pete."


I woke up the next morning when the sun decided to tease me through the pathetic excuse I had for curtains. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I had no time to be hanging around doing nothing - I had way too much unpacking to do. I went downstairs and turned on the only thing currently plugged in in my house, the coffee machine. How people go through the day without a cup of coffee is beyond me.

I stood in my new kitchen, drinking my cup of coffee, and stared out the window. It was facing the street that was coming alive. It was only 8am, but there were already people working in their gardens and children outside playing. These people either went to bed really early or took a nap in the afternoons, because it's way early to be outside.

As I stood there drinking my coffee I noticed the woman I met yesterday, Christine. She was walking out of her house, wearing a tight pair of short shorts and a sports bra. So she's one of those morning people too. My eyes followed her disappearing down the street. If only she wasn't married.

By noon I was exhausted. I had no idea unpacking was this draining. I sat down in my couch and sighed. My stomach was rumbling but I hadn't gone grocery shopping yet, so there was no food in the house, only coffee. I stood up and reached for my car keys. There has to be a fast food joint here somewhere.

I opened the front door and nearly walked into Christine. She had a huge smile on her face.

"Hi! I was just about to knock!"

"Hey."

She made me nervous, really nervous.

"I was just wondering, since you just moved in and everything, if you would like to join me for lunch?"

"Yeah, I'd like that. I was just heading out to get me something."

"Fantastic. I hope you pasta."

"Pasta sounds great."

She motioned me to follow her over to her house. Once we got inside my jaw dropped. Not only did her house look a lot bigger then mine, but they also looked a lot richer, at least according to the interior. She looked at me wide-eyed.

"What? You don't like the house?"

"I do, it just so huge."

She laughed softly.

"I guess it is. Its way too big for just the two of us, but Daniel, my husband, insisted."

I followed her out to the back porch where a table for two was set.

"What does your husband do?"

"He's a plastic surgeon."

She sat down by the table and I quickly did so too. I observed her face.

"But he hasn't done anything with me. I was born this perfect."

She winked at me so I would realize she was joking. A chubby woman appeared and put down plates in front of us. Christine smiled to her and thanked her.

"You have a housekeeper?"

"Yeah, Daniel doesn't want me to do anything expect taking care of myself."

"Doesn't that get boring?"

She shrugged. "Not really, I was raised as a little princess who never had to do anything, so this suits me fine."

This confession blew me off. She did not look spoiled, but I had learned before that looks can fool you.

"So, what do you do?"

"I'm in a band."

"Oh, someone famous? You must be making some money if you could move here."

"It's called Fall Out Boy, we're getting some success now."

She nodded. "Sorry, but I've never heard of them. I hardly listen to music anyway."

"If you're ever interested I could play you some tunes."

"Maybe later."


Lunch with her was interesting, to say the least. She's very likable, and very hot, but there was something so terribly annoying about her yet she was strangely attracting. She invited me to dinner, but I declined her offer, I told her that I was meeting up with friends, but in reality I wasn't sure if I could stand another meal with her.


----
I just had this idea for this story and I want to know what you guys think of it before I continue. Is it good or is it awful? Tell me so I can improve it! - Heidi
Sign up to rate and review this story