Categories > Original > Fantasy > The New and Unexpected

Fun in the Food Court

by FaerieWings16 0 reviews

Aly and Jules go to the mall and meet Seth and Michael. Nothing out of the ordinary, except there's something strange about them.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Humor - Published: 2007-03-23 - Updated: 2007-03-23 - 764 words

1Insightful
"Hey you!" Jules randomly yelled while we were sitting in the food court. About twenty people turned to face us and we broke out laughing. It was Jules' turn in our little game, I had already gone up to some guy and told him he was hot. It was hilarious, especially because Jules could tell that he thought I was hot too.
"Okay Aly, your turn again. Hmm, what should I make you do?" she pondered. I surveyed the room and noticed two guys coming near us. I could instantly tell that the taller one was very conceited and the other was quiet and shy. I focused on my other eye to see what they were going to do, but I drew up a blank. I couldn't see what they're about to do or what they've already done. That's twice today! I snapped back into reality to see the boys coming closer and closer to us and Jules looking pointedly at me.
"What?" I asked distractedly. I need to contact Carson. Jules was about to repeat what she had said when a new voice interrupted her.
"Hey." I glanced up to see the cocky one smirking down at us. I saw Jules concentrating on them as I sometimes catch her looking at me. She turned to me with a surprised expression on her face. Something is wrong.
"Hello." I said uninterested, though I was dying to know what was so special about these strangers.
"The name's Seth, and this is my cousin, Michael." he introduced the two of them and pulled up chairs without invitation.
"Hi, my name's Jules and this is Aly." Jules said flirtatiously. I rolled my eyes and noticed Michael doing the same thing. I took this chance to glance him over. He's cute, definitely quiet, but seems to have a funny side too.
"You know, we've been walking around the mall for about an hour and have yet to see any girls half as hot as the two of you." Seth said charmingly. Jules giggled, I flinched.
"Liar." I accused. I hate it when people lie, I flinch every time thank to my brown eye. Michael looked over at me amused while Seth glared at me.
"You think you're smart huh? I give you a compliment and that's how you take it." he sneered. I felt Jules kick me under the table as a warning, she apparently liked this guy.
"No, compliments are only good if they're true. What you said was a downright lie." I told him. Seth huffed and stood up threateningly.
"Can you prove it? You'll regret rejecting me one day Aly. Come on Michael, we have better things to do than sit here with these losers." he said and walked off. Michael started laughing and turned to me.
"You know, you're the first girl to reject him all day." he chuckled and followed Seth. I smiled to myself and then noticed Jules still glaring at me.
"Aly, how could you?! He was so hot and you completely ruined my chances!" she exclaimed. I sighed.
"Jules, Seth was lying to you, to the both of us. Why would you want a guy that lies to you?" I asked. She got quiet, thinking.
"I don't know, it's just, well, It's been so long since I've gotten that kind of attention from a guy." she said.
"What are you talking about? Jules, you can hear every single thought a guy thinks about you. You cannot honestly tell me that there are no thoughts on how cute you are." I said exasperated.
"Well, there is this one guy in chemistry who thinks about me a lot." she admitted.
"Yeah, so anyways, you weren't able to hear their thoughts were you?" I asked.
"Nope, could you see them coming?" she asked, apparently surprised that I hadn't said anything about them.
"No I couldn't, I mean, I could tell what their personalities were like, but I had no idea that they were going to come over here. Something's wrong with those boys. We need to go see Carson. Oh, and that girl's about to trip and fall over there." I said pointing in the direction of a girl in very high heels. Sure enough, not a minute later, she fell. I couldn't help but laugh.
"Oh Aly, you can go see Carson tomorrow, you know that guy gives me the creeps. Come on, we came here for fun, though it seems you're having enough fun seeing what people are about to do, and it's still your turn you know." she reminded me.
Sign up to rate and review this story