Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Dead on Arrival

Arrival

by Arisa 8 reviews

A girl (who some may recognize from my other stories)is stuck in a hard place. So, she has to go live with her step-brother and his family.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-03-04 - Updated: 2007-03-05 - 2010 words

0Unrated
Ch.1 Arrival
I know, I should be working on my sequel, but I can't help wanting to do this fic. I really want some feed back, so please read and review. Also, I'm sorta thinking of writing a Bam Margera fic, but I really don't know...what do you guys think about that? I'm also considering a more Fall Out BOy centric-fic. Most of you who have read my big fic will recognize the character. I just...really like this character. sorry! Also, as I said in the summary, this fic will end up having the same type of pairing as my other one. I really like these types of pairings, oddly enough. Not sure how else to explain it, sorry guys!

I sighed as I sat on the plane, looking blankly out of my window. I had been living in a small town in St.Louis, and I was now on my way to Las Vegas. I was being sent to live with my half-brother Jon, who I had only met once before. Maybe I should back up a little, yeah? My name is Alicia Walker, I got the name from my mother since she didn't take my father's name. It was the name of her previous husband, my half-brother's father. My father was an abusive alcoholic, and he got a little...neurotic, for lack of a better word, when drunk. He had killed my mother in front of me. Yeah, great way to welcome me home after my second year of college. Since then I've clammed up and my mother's ex-husband and his new wife agreed to take me in. Which leads me to where I am now, on a plane to Vegas. I was originally suppose to be going to Chicago, but my half sibling is in a band and so they had moved there to be with his' band mates. (I know this isn't true, bear with me?)

~Jon's POV~

I was sitting in Spencer's basement with the guys, not really listening to their conversation. I was snapped out of my own musings when Spencer snapped his fingers in front of my face. I turned to glare at him. "What is your problem?" I sighed and shook my head. "Nothing, just thinking about my sister." I saw them all nod thoughtfully. I had told them she was coming to stay, just not much else. To be honest, the only other thing I knew was that her parents, my mother included, were dead. My father told me that it really wasn't important to tell me the circumstances, only that she was stabbed. He said that the other parts of the story weren't his to tell. He also told me my half-sister wasn't talking, probably from shock or something. Not that I could blame her, I was only a year older than her and I had serious trouble dealing with it. I'll admit it, the guys had seen me cry, but they were there, and I appreciated it.

From what I had heard, my sister didn't really have anyone she trusted, and she definately didn't coming out here. "So, what is up with her coming out here all of a sudden? Can't she live with her father?" I shrugged my shoulders lightly. "I'm not really sure what happened, all I know is that both of her parents are dead, that's why she isn't living with her dad." I answered back. "Maybe there was a murder in the house, I mean think about it, with what happened to your mom and apparently your step-dad?" I nodded thoughtfully. "Maybe your right, but I would think my dad would tell me if it was just a murder. Maybe it was something else, like a business partner of my step-dads or an ex-lover. I know probably not, I'm just saying, maybe something closer to home."

We all sat quietly thinking everything over in our own minds. We all jumped when my phone rang and then laughed at our own stupidity. "Hello?" I asked lightly, trying not to break the quiet anymore then I had to. "Jon, I just brought your sister home and we're going to have dinner soon. I'd appreciate if you came home for dinner, at least for the first few nights she's here." I nodded, then realized that he couldn't see me. "Yeah, I understand completely. I'd be glad to." I answered, hanging up my phone. "Well," I left my sentence hanging, sucking in a breath. "She's here, and we're going to have dinner all together. You guys want to come?" I asked, standing up. They all muttered in agreement and we all piled into my car.

We got home and came in quietly, unsure of what was happening in the kitchen. We approached it slowly and let out a collective breath when we found only my father and step-mother in the kitchen. All four of us sat down and kept our eyes trained on my father. "So....how is she?" I asked, breaking the silence that had been there since we got in my car back at Spencer's house. My father sighed. "She seems fine, shes acting completely normal except for the fact that she won't speak. She carries around that notebook of hers though, so at least she can write things down." I nodded and we fell back into silence. My mother set down plates and smiled lightly as us. "Jon, would you and your friends like to go get your sister? Tell her it's time to eat?" I nodded and motioned for the guys to stand up and follow me.

We headed lightly down the steps and knocked lightly on her door.

~ Ali's POV~

(Here's her current outfit for those who want to know. Pants: http://www.basrutten.tv/images/products/clothing/sweapants_grbl.jpg, only instead of the little black picture on them, they have a black and pink playboy bunny. Top: https://www.globalgirlfriend.com/catalog/images/cami_wh.jpg)

I looked up lightly as I heard a knock on the door. I grabbed my pen and notebook, then walked over and opened the door. Jon smiled lightly down at me. "Hey Ali." I smiled and nodded at him, glancing back at his friends who were standing silently behind him a bit. "Mom said it was time for dinner, do you want to come down?" I bit my lip lightly and shook my head. Jon gave me another light smile and nodded. "I understand, you can go ahead and unpack, I'll come up later and introduce you to my friends." He answered, gesturing behind him. I nodded and smiled lightly as he turned to head back downstairs. He shut the door and I returned to unpacking my suitcase.

I finished and sat down lightly on my bed, pulling my knees to my chest. I looked around my new room, trying to take everything in. I jumped when I heard another knock on my door. I went over and opened it to find Jon on the other side with his friends. "Can we come in?" He asked and I smiled, stepping aside so they could come in. Three boys came into the room after my brother and I shut the door softly behind them. I sat down on my bed with a smile. "Katie, I'd like you to meet my friends, and bandmates, Brendon, Ryan, and Spencer." He pointed to them all in turn and they waved with small smiles. I returned the gesture and we fell into a comfortable silence. "I was thinking since it's your first night here we should probably do something, so I thought we'd watch a movie."

I nodded, signaling for him to continue. "So, we're going to hit the basement and Pete is going to bring over our favorite." I raised and eyebrow questioningly, but Jon had already started heading out the door. "The Nightmare Before Christmas." Ryan clarified, probably because of the completely stupid look on my face. I smiled in thanks and stood myself, following Jon out. The others followed behind us. We set up in the basement, moving back the furniture and covering the floor in layers of blankets and pillows. In front of that we put all the candy and soda, and then a little farther in front was the big screen TV. This whole experience left me wondering, why exactly this family owned hundreds of blankets.

I heard the doorbell and the laughter of Jon's step-mother. She greeted whoever was at the door happily and he was soon coming down the stairs. I recognized him, of course, but I couldn't say anything like last time. After all, I knew my brother's band mate's names. "Pete!" Jon exclaimed, clapping hands with Pete. Pete smiled and waved at everyone. "So, who's the pretty girl?" Pete asked, raising an eyebrow. I looked down and blushed slightly, but Brendon smiled and put his arm around me. "That would be my half-sister, Alicia. You can call her Ali." He looked at me with a small smile and waved. I waved back before settling lightly onto the floor. Spencer was already settled and Brendon went to lay by him. Jon popped the movie in and came next to me. Ryan was on my other side followed by Pete.

By the time the movie was over I was surprised that most of the guys weren't on a complete sugar high. Jon got up and grabbed Date Movie: The Unrated Version, and popped it into the player. I yawned and stood to go get sodas. I reached into the fridge in the basement and shivered lightly as the cold air hit me. "Cold?" I heard someone's voice behind me. Ryan, I saw as I turned around. I nodded lightly and he smiled, handing me his zip-up hoodie. I shook my head lightly and pushed his hand back but he laughed. "Don't worry about it, I'm not even cold." I took it gingerly and he smiled at me.

The guys had all changed into their pajamas about halfway through the Nightmare Before Christmas, so I couldn't help but notice how good he looked in a pair of sweatpants and a tight white tee. We walked back out into the living room with our soda and I rolled my eyes when I saw Jon. He had fallen asleep and had rolled over so he was taking up my spot and his own. Ryan laughed and put a hand on my arm, leading me so I was sitting down between him and Pete. Pete smiled over at me and I smiled lightly back.

We were all enjoying the movie, and Jon had just woken up again. It was halfway through and I yawned lightly. Despite the fact that it wasn't too late, I was relatively tired. I was surprised when my notebook was slid away from me. Ryan took the pen from my hand a scribbled something down quickly. 'You coming on our next tour?' was scrawled in a neatly. 'I'm not sure. Probably not, it isn't my band after all. When are you guys going?' I wrote quickly, sliding it back over to him. He frowned lightly as he read it. 'It doesn't matter, you should come anyhow. It isn't for a couple months anyway.' I smiled lightly and gave him a nod. 'I'll think about it. Are you all staying over tonight?' I handed it to Ryan and he nodded at me, closing the notebook and handing it back to me.

I stretched lightly and stood as the ending credits rolled over the screen. I turned to walk upstairs but was pulled back down. "Stay down here with us." Pete gave me a smile. I nodded and snuggled back into the be sheets. I jumped for the second time that night when Pete put his arms around me. I smiled and snuggled lightly into his embrace.

I'm not really sure about this fic, so tell me what you think. If you know about the pairings I like, you'll probably have guessed this pairing.
Sign up to rate and review this story