Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Chemistry of a Car Crash

Chapter3

by AWakingDream 1 review

..

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-03-26 - Updated: 2007-03-26 - 652 words

0Unrated
I'd done it. I'd finally quit my jobs and was now on my way back to Chicago. I'd taken longer then Bob had hoped I would in deciding and wouldn't actually be there when I finally arrived. He and his new band were already on tour and wouldn't be back for a while. He'd left me enough money to pay his half of the rent each month and enough to pay it all this month, but he had told me I was to get a job as soon as I could.

Obviously that was my plan anyway. I don't think I could function properly without a job. I mean I was so used to not having any time to do anything because work took up all my time, but what would I do now? Go to old hangouts? Look for old friends?

I guess I'd find out soon. I the cab pulled up in front of a tall apartment building. It looked better kept then where I was before. I actually felt like telling the driver to turn around and take me back. I was petrified.

"Thank you." I said as the driver helped me unload my belongings. There wasn't really much there, a case of clothing, a box of cds and dvds, a box of other junk and that was really it. I glanced up at the building again and drew a deep breath in. I stacked the boxes on top of each other and picked them up, aimlessly grabbing the air for the long handle on my case.

Once I'd achieved that I went into the lift. I managed to push the call button and waited patiently for it to get to the ground floor. Stepping inside the small space I pushed the 4 and placed the boxes down beside my feet. "Where is that key." I grumbled rummaging through my messenger bag. Once I found it I picked the boxes up again and sighed. I hope I was doing the right thing in coming back.

Once I'd settled into Bob's apartment, or our apartment, I decided to get onto looking for a job. I thought about walking down to the record stores and seeing if there was some part time work going there or not. I'd always been interested in music, it was the only thing that kept me sane and blocked out Bob and my mum's arguing.

Nothing had changed drastically. I noticed Reckless Records had a sign in the window for part time work and grinned widely. It looked rather quiet at the moment, but imagined it got pretty busy sometimes.

"Hey, can I help with anything?" A young guy asked looking up from his magazine. I glanced at him shyly and nodded.

"Um, can I have an application form for the job please?" He nodded and smiled at me, pulling out a form from under the counter. "Do you think I could fill it in here?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders and moved his magazine aside so I could lean on the counter.

"Go ahead."

The rest of the day was spent doing much the same, and by the time I'd gotten back it was gone six. I flopped onto the couch and rubbed my temples, wishing the oncoming headache away.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone after I'd picked it up on the second ring.

"Settled in?" Bob's voice asked.

"Just about." I said wincing as I heard loud music and screaming. "Where are you?" I asked, my eyes closed.

"The side of the stage, we go on in ten minutes. Thought I'd give a call and see if you were in and stuff. But I'll let you go, and I'll ring you sometime tomorrow. Love you, bye!" I frowned at the phone and how sudden he left but dropped the phone beside me and closed my eyes again, unintentionally drifting into a light sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story