Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Pilgrimage

Welcome to Avalon Falls

by Crazy_Chex_Mix 0 reviews

Tsunami and Nova are in a strange place. They meet a girl who helps them along the way. And they find out about caravans.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-03-27 - Updated: 2007-03-27 - 971 words

-1Illiterate
Tsunami and Nova started walking along a dirt trail, wondering where they were. They talked about the beauty of the lands around them and the animals that ran across the trail. The sun shined high and the clouds were high and fluffy.
"Where do you think we are?" Nova asked as she sat down in the shaded area of a tree.
"I don't know," Tsunami answered as he sat down next to her.
Silence passed for a while, only letting the breeze make sound.
Tsunami sat up abruptly as he saw a woman about a few years older than them, walking along the trail.
"Hey, look over there," Tsunami said, he pointed to the woman. The woman was wearing a long, green cloak and a green pointed hat. She had a staff and at the tip of it was a emerald jewel. The woman seemed to notice them and she walked over.
"Hello, umm do you two know where Onyx is?" the lady asked.
"No, we don't," Nova answered.
"Do you know where we are?" Tsunami asked.
"Yes, we are in Avalon Falls, and you on the trail to Onyx, or at least I hope I am," the woman answered, "how do you not know your own world? By the way, I am Moko."
"Ohh, we are not from around here," Nova replied.
"What? Not from around here? You have to be, there are no other worlds other than Avalon Falls," Moko commented, "you two should come with me and I will tell about the world then."
Nova and Tsunami both got up and started following the unknown woman. They had no choice, this lady knew about the world they were in and they had to trust her. She also looked kind of nice to trust too.
"Well, Avalon Falls was made by a two stars crashing into each other and then it made Avalon Falls. There are 11 villages and each have their own culture. Caravans, the most important thing in Avalon goes around to each village and collects a small piece of jewel from each village and gets a spirit. Summoners must start these caravans and collect all 11 spirits. After summoners collect the 11 spirits, they all for to Jewels Island, an island to see who is the next Master Summoner. Caravans are dangerous, people get killed on these journeys, and dangerous people steal the jewels to because you need to put in all 11 jewels to get on the island," Moko explained, "any questions?"
Nova and Tsunami were silent.
"I guess not, hey I have no one in my caravan and I need to go to Onyx to get the best caravan out there. Would you two like to be in it, you guys look young, but I will teach you, I am a summoner," Moko asked shyly.
"Well, we are only 14, how old are you?" Nova said.
"I am only 17, I need as much people as I can," Moko said.
"We have to stay with someone, so I guess we are going to say yes," Tsunami agreed, and Nova looked at him in agreement also.
"Thanks a lot, we are now going to make our way to Onyx to get our caravan and my onyx jewel," Moko said, "I only have my emerald jewel, so far."
"Do the jewels have any powers?" Nova asked.
"Yes, they home our spirits, you would like to see my spirit? Oh wow, I just noticed you two do not have weapons, how are you two suppose to fight?" Moko commented, "we need to get some then."
"Yea, I would like to see your spirit," Tsunami replied happily.
"W-we need to have weapons, but doesn't weapons lead to fighting?" Nova said nervously.
"Why, yes, we have to watch out for bandits and thieves, plus, there is also the Void," Moko warned, "they are a villainous group of people who steal the jewels and make them evil."
"Hey, Nova, I think we are stronger here," Tsunami said as he kicked a rock and it flew to where no one could see it.
"You two said you came from another world, right? So, there are other worlds other than Avalon Falls. We on know that the stars, Ava and Lon fell and collided with each other to make Avalon Falls," Moko commented curiously.
"Well, we just found out there is life on other planets too," Nova said.
"Look! There is a sign to Onyx, yes we are going the right way," Moko said happily, "once we are there we can get our caravan and you two some weapons."
There was a sign that said Onyx 1 mile ahead.
"Oh, I forgot to show you Ferenze, she is my centaur," Moko said. Moko started twirling her staff around and her emerald jewel started to glow. A magical glyph was made under her and it started to glow too.
"Ferenze, come on out!" Moko exclaimed. Her staff stood straight up and Tsunami and Nova started to hear the sound of a galloping horse. They then saw a centaur come out from the ground. He had a body of a horse and a body of a human. The centaur had long, black hair, green eyes, and pointed ears. Around his muscular chest was a green bow and quiver full of everlasting amount of arrows.
"Yes Moko?" Ferenze asked.
"Meet our two new friends," Moko announced.
"Hello, I am Ferenze," Ferenze greeted.
Tsunami and Nova stood there is awe, staring at the centaur.
"Oh, I am Nova," Nova announced.
"T-Tsu-Tsunami," Tsunami stuttered.
"Why are you guys surprise, don't they have centaurs in your world?" Moko asked.
"No, we have horses..." Nova answered.
"What are horses?" Ferenze asked.
"You don't need to worry about them," Tsunami said.
The four of them continued walking along the path. They were so close to Onyx now.
Sign up to rate and review this story