Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Zyorious Scepter

Chapter 5

by Syrus 0 reviews

Violet comes to England and Harry and Hermione's romance show up a bit more.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Characters: Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Sirius, Violet - Published: 2005-10-12 - Updated: 2005-10-13 - 3013 words

0Boring
Chapter 5

"Violet. Violet! Wake up!! We're going to be late for the Quidditch game!" yelled Lydia to the still sleeping Violet.

"Huh?" Violet groaned sleepily.

"It's the Sekaran-Grendelon game today! We have to be there to support our own team and one of our best friends!" said Lydia.

Violet jerked awake.

"I completely forgot! Arian is playing today, isn't he?!?" she said.

"Duh! Come on Violet! I don't even like Quidditch and I still remembered!" said Lydia, "Get dressed! It's a good thing we can apparate..."

"Shouldn't we get something to eat first? I'm kinda hungry..." said Violet.

"Well you shouldn't have slept in so late then!" Lydia stayed silent for a moment and then spoke, "Are you still thinking about the Scepter?"

"Yes." Violet answered simply.

"We'll find out what it is soon! Don't worry about it. Hey, I'll apparate to the Meal Hall and see if I can get you a muffin or something." said Lydia.

With that, she disappeared. Violet sat just thinking about the Scepter. Then it hit her.

If the Death Eater thought I had the Scepter when I didn't, probably someone close to me really does have it! I don't even know what it does! It must be important if Voldemort wants it...

Suddenly a loud squawk that filled the room jarred Violet from her thoughts. She looked up. She found a raven sitting on her table top. She looked at it wondering whether she should open it or not, remembering the last owl she had received.

If it says to do something, I just won't. I really hope there isn't a curse on the letter that will take effect when I open it... She thought, curiosity getting the better of her.

As soon as she detached the letter from the leg of the raven, it flew off in a hurry. She opened the letter and read it.

Dear Violet,
You have to come home right now. We think you are in danger. The Death Eater may come back. It is not safe for you to stay at Notalans. We will explain everything to you when you get home. As soon as you finish reading, please apparate to the front of the school and wait for us.

Love,
Mom and Dad

Violet looked at the letter completely shocked.

I didn't tell them about the Death Eater! How did they find out? Did Headmistress Katena tell them? She thought, I have to at least tell Lydia and Arian that I'm leaving...


Suddenly Lydia disapparated back into the room.

"Here's your muffin. We'd better hurry to the game now, or we might miss the beginning!" said Lydia.

Violet took the muffin.

"Lydia....I'm leaving. I'm leaving Notalans." Violet said.

"What?!? You're kidding, right?" said Lydia, bewildered.

"No, I'm not. I have to go right now. But I didn't want to leave without at least saying good bye to you and Arian first. I just got the letter right now, see." Violet said, handing Lydia the letter.

Lydia read it over and had the same reaction Violet had when she first read it.

"How'd they find out about the Death Eater?" she asked.

"That's what I'm going to find out when I see them. Let's apparate to the Quidditch field to find Arian so I can at least say good bye to him too." said Violet.

Lydia nodded in agreement and then they both apparated to their team's game and prep room. There they found Arian and the rest of their team frantically looking over last minute game plans. When the huddle finally broke, Arian noticed them and walked over.

"What are you guys doing here? The game is about to start." he said.

"Arian...I'm leaving...now..." said Violet.

"What!?!" said Arian, shocked.

"Somehow my parents found out about the Death Eater and they asked me to come home..." replied Violet.

He, Violet, and Lydia stood silent for a moment. Then suddenly Arian reached out and hugged Violet.

"Good bye, Violet. And wherever you go, don't forget us here okay?" he said.

"I will never forget you guys! I'll send you an owl as soon as I can!" Violet said.

She hugged Arian once again and Lydia as well. She then stepped away from them both and gave then one last wave of farewell as she apparated back to her room. Lydia and Arian looked at the spot where she was standing a second ago.

"I'll miss you Violet..." Arian whispered.

*

After collecting everything in her room, Violet gave it a longing look.

Will I ever get to see this place again? she thought.

She decided not to dwell on it because then she just may not have the heart to leave. She gathered her things and apparated to the front of the school.

*

"Crookshanks! Where did you hide my Double Potions essay on Phoenix tears?" asked Hermione as she began to frantically pace and try to remember where she had it last.

"I used 5 rolls of parchment! It will take me forever to re-write it!! But then I could go more into detail about the healing properties..."

"Hermione, you're mad! And Snape isn't even going to be our potions teacher this year! So you shouldn't worry! And the essay was extra credit wasn't it?!?" said Harry who was helping her look for her essay.

"But that's all the more reason for me to worry! I want to make a good first impression!" said Hermione.

Harry shook his head in disbelief as he lifted up Hermione's Arithmancy book.

"Here it is! Crookshanks didn't do anything. It was under your very large Arithmancy book!" said Harry.

"Thank you so much for finding it! Now I can - " Hermione was cut off as something very small and fast flew into her window and passed her head.

Then a yowl sounded through the room as the thing hit Crookshanks and made him fall off Hermione's desk. The thing then fluttered up from the floor and landed on the desk.

"Hey it's Pig!" said Harry.

"Well let's read the letter." said Hermione.


Dear Harry,
This summer I went to Romania with my family to see Charlie and it has been great. I saw a lot of cool dragons that Charlie is training. I wish I could bring back a dragon claw or something but Charlie wouldn't let me. I'll probably be back in time to go school shopping with you and Hermione in Diagon Alley. I'll send you another owl when I get back.

Ron

PS. Sorry this letter is so late! Pig got lost somewhere in the Arctic or Antarctic the first time I sent him because he had little icicles on all of his down feathers. I hope he gets to you this time...

"Oh! So that's why Ron didn't tell me about this trip to Romania!" said Harry.

"School is starting so soon! I don't know if I'll even have enough time to get ahead in all my subjects!" said Hermione.

"Come on Hermione! Can't you even take a break?" said Harry, "We still have three weeks until school starts!"

I really hope Ron comes back soon... Harry thought

*

As Violet apparated to the front of the school, she saw her parents already waiting for her. They drove up the car and helped her load her things. They got into the car and then drove in silence until Violet decided to ask some of the questions that were flooding her brain.

"Mom, Dad. I want to know what is going on." Violet said, "How did you know what happened to me when I didn't even tell you anything?"

"Well, before we can even get to that we must tell you many other things. First of all, there is someone I want you to meet at home. Then we can answer all your questions." Dalon said.

Again silence settled in the car.

Who could be at our house that could possibly be so important? thought Violet.

Thousands of questions flew through her mind as she waited in anticipation. Finally her house came into view. She had never been so glad to see it. She was in such a hurry to find out what was going on, she apparated into the house ahead of her parents. There, sitting in her living room was a man she had never seen before. He was sitting with his back to her. She gasped and reached for her wand.

"Petrificus Totalus!!" she yelled as she pointed her want at the stranger.

The man yelled as the spell hit him. Violet's parents then rushed in.

"Violet, no!! He's your uncle!!!" yelled Dalon.

"My uncle!?! Since when did I have this uncle?!?!" Violet exclaimed.

"Violet, release him!!" yelled Sarah.

"Oh! Right! Finite Incantatem!" said Violet.

The man then got up from the chair he was sitting in and shook his arms and legs.

"Violet, this is your uncle, Sirius. He's my brother." explained Dalon.

"You never told me you had a brother!!" said Violet.

Sarah gave her daughter a smile.

"Looks like we are both on the same boat." Sarah said.

Suddenly the conversation became serious.

"Violet, Sirius is here because he thinks you are in danger. We thought it best that you stay with him until the danger has past." said Dalon to Violet, "He has ways to protect you with magic. Your mother and I would not even stand a chance against Voldemort or any of his Death Eaters."

Wait a second!! They want me to go with a guy I've never met?!? Well, he mustn't be that bad if mom and dad trust him. They are very overprotective after all... Violet thought.

Sirius suddenly spoke.

"We must leave right now. Violet won't be safe until we reach Hogwarts." he said.

"Yes. Violet are you ready to leave?" asked Dalon.

This is all happening so fast!! I don't want to go! I don't want to leave!!! Violet frantically thought.

Violet took a deep breath to calm down.

"As ready as I'll ever be..." Violet said.

Violet's mother and father gave her a huge hug.

"We'll miss you sweetheart!" said Sarah.

"Send us an owl as soon as you reach there!" said Dalon.

"I will!" said Violet.

Violet gathered all the things she would need in her trunk and then said goodbye to her parents. Sirius told Violet to put her trunk in the center of the room. Then he held out his hand.

"Close your eyes and empty your mind. This will take a lot of concentration. I am going to apparate over long distance with luggage and passengers." said Sirius.

Violet took his hand and closed her eyes. Then they vanished.

*

"Fred, George! Get down here right now!! We are already late! We were supposed to be at Diagon Alley an hour ago!!!" Mrs. Weasley yelled, "Ron, Ginny, and I have been waiting for you!"

"Relax Mum! We were just putting the finishing touches on our new invention!" said George.

"Yeah. Our exploding wands! You try to cast a spell and they explode and cover the person holding the wand with blue dust!" said Fred.

"Get down here right now!!! Stop wasting time on those silly things!!! If anything, you should be studying for your NEWTS!!!" said Mrs. Weasley.

"Alright, we're coming!" said George.

"Took you guys long enough! Harry and Hermione must be waiting for us!" said Ron.

Then Mrs. Weasley took out the Floo Powder and threw some in the fire place. Ginny, Ron, Fred, and George yelled out, "Diagon Alley!!" as they jumped into the fire. Mrs. Weasley then apparated after them.

*

Hermione and Harry waited for Ron in Diagon Alley in front of the fireplace in Flourish and Blotts.

"What is taking him so long!?!" Hermione said, looking at her Muggle watch.

"Relax, Hermione! He'll be here!" said Harry.

"But I still haven't bought my text books! What if - " Hermione was cut off as someone landed on her.

"Ron!" said Harry.

Soon the rest of the Weasleys followed.

Ron blushed slightly from the embarrassment and said, "Sorry about that...can't tell where your going to land with that Floo Powder..."

"It's okay, Ron, really, but could you just get off me?!?" Hermione said.

"Oh, right!" Ron said as he got off of her.

"Well I have to buy Algia Ruby's new enchanted cook book. I heard there were a lot of good recipes. Here are all of your lists and money..." she said as she handed all her children a bag of money, "We should all meet back here later in the afternoon."

With that they watched Mrs. Weasley walk off.

"Hey we'll catch up with you guys in a minute in Flourish and Blotts. George and I wanted to check out the new stuff we saw on a joke cart earlier." said Fred.

"You guys had better not spend your school money in there!" said Ginny.

"Relax, Ginny! We're not going to spend any money. We're just looking...Geez...you're starting to sound a lot like mum!" said George.

Ginny playfully punched George in the arm as he passed her. Then Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Ginny made their way to Flourish and Blotts. Shortly, all of them were loaded down with text books, ink, quills, and parchment for the next year (especially Hermione). In fact, Hermione had so many books and items, she could not see where she was going. She accidentally bumped into a shelf and dropped her things. Harry and Ron helped to pick them up. When she reached for Boiling Brew by Rebelda Roth, Harry went for the same book. He ended up grabbing her hand instead. They both blushed and pulled their hands back. This went unseen by Ron, but not by Ginny.

"Hermione, why do you have so many books?!?" asked Ron as he gave her one of them.

"Well I got a bunch of books on the suggested reading list so I could get a head start and make a good impression with our new Defense Against the Dark Arts and Potions teachers." Hermione replied, recovering quickly.

Ron shook his head. Suddenly something caught his eye.

"Hey guys! Take a look at this!" he said.

Ron pointed to a poster on the wall.

"So what? It's just a bunch of guys flying on broomsticks..." said Hermione.

Ron sputtered in disbelief.

"Oh no, here we go again..." Ginny sighed and muttered to Harry and Hermione.

"Guys on broomsticks!!! Don't you know a Quidditch team when you see one!?! And a bloody good one too!! The Chuddley Cannons!!!" said Ron.

"Ron, they aren't in their Quidditch robes. You can't blame Hermione - " Harry started.

"Oh yes I can!!! How can someone not recognize their magnificent flying style?!? Did I tell you about their last game against Bulgaria? Man, it was great!!!" said Ron.

"Yes you have, but I'm sure you'll be happy to tell me again..." Harry said with a note of mild annoyance.

As Ron began to describe every minute detail of the game again, Hermione and Ginny took this opportunity to leave. Harry gave Hermione a pleading look, but she just gave him an amused smile as she walked off with Ginny. When they turned into the next isle, they looked at each other and laughed.

"I just don't understand Ron's obsession with the Chuddley Cannons!" said Hermione.

"Ron's always been like that...and I'm sure it will just get worse..." said Ginny.

They both laughed again. But then Ginny suddenly put on a serious face.

"Hermione, there was something I was wondering..." she said hesitatingly.

"Yes?" Hermione asked, now curious.

"Umm...are you and Harry...?" she asked haltingly.

"Harry and me?!?" Hermione exclaimed, suddenly flushing red.

"Oh, well, I just assumed it since Harry did spend the summer at your house, and with they way you guys were acting around each other..." said Ginny.

"No, no, Harry and I are just...friends..." said Hermione, who suddenly became very interested in the golden cauldrons on the shelf.

"Oh, okay then...well I hope Ron is done ranting and raving because it's almost time for us to meet my mum." said Ginny, sounding slightly assured.

When they turned to the isle, they found Fred and George had returned.

"Man, we got a lot of cool ideas for our own products!" said George.

"They had some great stuff...new improved curses to try on friends and trick candy! Even better than the stuff we gave to your cousin, Harry!" said Fred, "Once you eat that stuff, it's supposed to turn your hair blue and to make you hiccup uncontrollably!"

"That will help us a lot on our new prototype of the trick candy we are working on." said George.

"Just don't let mum hear about it!" said Ron.

"Don't hear about what?" a stern voice said from behind them.

Everyone turned around quickly. It was Mrs. Weasley.

"Nothing mum...we were just telling Ron to quit picking on Ginny." said George.

"Hey! I wasn't - " Ron started before he was elbowed by Fred.

Mrs. Weasley gave both Fred and George scrutinizing looks, but then decided not to make an issue of it.

"Well we need to get back now. Harry, Hermione, it was nice seeing you two again...I hope you both can come stay with us soon...maybe for Christmas?" said Mrs. Weasley.

"Yeah that would be great! Thanks Mrs. Weasley." said Harry.

"Hey, I'll see you guys again at the Hogwarts Express! Bye!" said Ron, "Hope Hermione doesn't make you proofread her extra credit essays..."

"Hey! I think that is some good reading!" Hermione said with a smile, "Well anyway, see you later!"

"Bye Ron! See you soon!" said Harry.

With that, the Weasleys left Flourish and Blotts.

"Harry, we'd better get back out on the street so my mum and dad can pick us up." said Hermione, leading the way out of the brick arch into the Leaky Cauldron.

"Alright." said Harry, following her.

They walked out of the dark, dingy setting of the Leaky Cauldron into the London street bathed in light from the sun.
Sign up to rate and review this story