Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > x.x*-*x.xThe Greatest Gift Is The Ghost Of Youx.x*-*x.x

Like father, like son

by dani_luvs_mcr 1 review

Mikey and Dan find out what they are having but what they dont expect is the reaction of their kids.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-03-29 - Updated: 2007-03-29 - 1195 words

0Unrated
Today was the day. The day I found out if Mikey and me were having a girl or boy. We were sitting in the doctor's office. Then Dr. Stafford walked in.
"Hi guys. Danika, if you would like to lay down on the bad please. Mikey could you stand around on that side. Thanks." He said to us. We did what he said as he got out the machine.
"Would you like to know the sex?" Mikey and I nodded.
"OK" He said putting the gel on my stomach and turning on the machine.
"You guys are having a girl. Congratulations." He said smiling. Mikey kissed me and I was so happy.
"Oh wait! Goodness gracious. You are having twins. Girl AND boy!" My eyes widened and I screamed. Mikey's jaw dropped. Mikey thanked the doctor as he left the room. I got changed and we walked out
"WOOOOT!!" Mikey yelled making everyone stare at us.
"We are having twins baby!" He said picking me up spinning me around." I laughed. An old couple looked at us.
"They look far to young to be having children. They don't even look married." The old lady said to the man quietly. I heard and so did Mikey. I didn't want to be rude so I politely went up to them.
"Um, excuse me. I heard you say we look to young to be having twins and we don't even look married." I said to the old lady.
"Yes that is right young lady. You should be home cooking with you mother. And that boy should be out working." She said pointing at me.
"OK well first of all, I am nearly 29 and my HUSBAND, yes HUSBAND, is also 29. We already have 2 kids, boy 9 and girl 5. And my husband does work as the base guitarist of My Chemical Romance. So I suggest you don't tell us what to do OK? Bye." I said walking off to Mikey.
"Nice" He said. I just smiled as we got in the car.

We were in the car driving home when I suddenly realized something.
"HOLY SHIT MIKEY WE HAVENT TOLD THE KIDS!" I yelled. He hits the brakes and swerved to the side of the road.
"The thing is with this pregnancy my stomach hasn't been showing." I said now in a much calmer voice.
"Well we will tell them when we get home." He said also calm. I nodded as we drove off again.
5 minutes later we pulled up into our driveway. Mikey put the car in park, got out and also helped me out of the car. I kissed his cheek. He grabbed my hand and we walked up to the door. We opened it and walked in.
Bob and Bat were on the couch tickling each other and Jr and Isobel were playing Play station.
"Here it goes." I whispered to Mikey.

-----MIKEY'S POV-----
"Hi Mom, Hi Dad." Jr said not looking up from the TV. Isobel ran up into my arms.
"DADDY! I MISSED YOU THID MUCH!" She said putting her arms wide apart. I laughed. I looked at Nat and Bob and nodded to the kitchen.
"Nat I umm need a drink come and get one with me" They got up and walked to the kitchen. I walked in front of the TV and switched it off.
"What the fuck was that for?" Jr yelled.
"Watch you mouth, we have to tell you two something. Baby girl go and sit down next to Jr." Dan said from behind me.
"OK kids well your mom and I just found out that we are having twins. You guys are going to have a little sister and a little brother." Isobel jumped up and danced around yelling WOOPS and YEEHAAS. Jr got up and pushed Isobel out of the way.
"Jr come back and say sorry" Mikey yelled.
"NO! HOW COULD YOU TWO! ESPECIALLY YOU DAD! HOW COULD YOU FUCKING DO THIS TO ME! STUFF YOU, BOTH OFF YOU!" Jr yelled running up the stairs. Nat and Bob walked out. I put my hand up to them.
"Don't ask," I said. They nodded and said they had to go.
"I wasn't expecting that" Dan said to me.
"I was"
I walked up to Jr's room and knocked softly. He didn't answer so I let myself in.
"Fuck off!" He said through his tears. I shook my head. I walked over and sat in his bed.
"Do you want to tell me what that was about?"
"Not really"
"Jr don't make this hard" He turned around with his eyes bloodshot.
"I am your dad and I can tell. Jr what is wrong."
"YOU! You are wrong. This whole family is wrong. You missed out on half my life so you make it up to me by spending all the time you missed out with me with Isobel. I only ever wanted to have a normal relationship with my dad. You were always on tour and now you have two new babies and a tour. When will there ever be time for me?" He said softly, trying to hold back the tears. Just then it hit me. Everything he said was true.
"Jr, I know I can't make up for ALL the time I have lost with you but I am willing to try. You will always be my first kid, my first son, my first really mini-me. Jr I love you more than I could say with any words." I said to him. He ran over to me and hugged me.
"I love you too dad." I hugged him tight. I felt like nothing in this world could ruin the feeling I had running through me at this moment. Danika walked up holding Isobel in her arms. I saw a tear roll down her face and I realized that this was all she ever wanted. For us to be a real family.

"Daddy. Can I join in?" Isobel asked. I smiled at Dani and then at Jr.
"Of course you can baby. Come here both of you." I said holding my arms out. Isobel ran over followed by Dan who gave me a huge kiss.
"Dad we are still on the room here. Can you at least wait until we leave or better yet go into your own room?" Jr yelled half covering his eyes. Isobel laughed and nodded along with him.
"Yea. Go to your room." She said putting a hand on her hip. We all laughed at her drama queen act.
"Sure. Dani come on I can tell when we aren't wanted. Plus I am bored!" I said opening my eyes widely. She knew what it meant and so did JR but Isobel scratched her head just like I do when I am confused.
"Michael James Way. Not in front of the children. Naughty boy!" Dani said smacking my arm. I gave her a dirty look.
"What did I say about saying my full name?" I said as she started to run away. I ran after her.
"Take it to your room" I heard Jr yell as he sent Isobel to her room.
Oh boy. What an afternoon!
Sign up to rate and review this story