Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Forever More

Chapter one: 540 years later

by Momi 0 reviews

"So what's his name, I mean the boy in the tree, or doesn't he have one?" she asked; not realizing that her voice was only slightly above a whisper as she stared unblinkingly at the statue before ...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Inuyasha - Published: 2007-03-30 - Updated: 2007-03-30 - 2282 words

0Unrated
Chapter One
540 years later

Koga stood by the door of his classroom greeting his new students for the year. As each one passed he would mentally examine them, searching for a familiar face that he hasn't seen in over five hundred years.
"Good morning! Hello! Good to have you! Hi! Hel-," Koga suddenly stopped mid-greeting and just stared. 'My god, she's here! She's finally here!' he thought in shock. The girl before him had long, about mid back to be exacted, red hair, her eyes were a beautiful and mystic swade blue and her ears, which were kind of dead give away, were pointed, though smaller than that of a real elf. She wore the required suit for the school, which was black with any color dress shirt underneath; she wore a naturally wrinkled red dress shirt and black ballet flats.
"'Lo." she finished giggling. She bowed slightly and turned and walked away to a seat in the back of the class.
"Are you okay, Sensei, you look a little pale?" Koga turned his head and found two Asian girls and a native American girl looking at him intently.
"Oh, I'm fine, thank you!" he laughed rubbing the back of his head. The girls nodded, bowed and made their way up to were the red head was. Immediately the girls were talking and giggling to themselves. At one point, though, the red head suddenly started blushing, which made the rest of her friends laugh.
Koga left his post at the door and crossed over to the phone. After quickly dialling a number he waited impatiently for the Headmaster to pick up. Suddenly the line was answered by a cold voice.
"What do you want, Koga?"
"She's here!" he whispered anxiously. For a moment there was no reply, but then, if one listened closely enough, a sigh of relief crossed the line.
"In your class right now?"
"Yes, sir."
"Get Shippo and start class. Act as if nothing is going on. I will be down there in a moment." The Headmaster said hastily. On the other side rustling and quick movement could be heard as the Headmaster gathered his things together.
"Sir, may I ask what you're planning on doing?" Koga asked hesitantly.
"We're going on a field trip. Now get Shippo." Then the line went dead. Koga scramble out of the room and down the hall toward the arts department. Today Shippo was teaching drama so he would find the fox boy in the auditorium. Koga threw open the door, startling the class and the red head on stage.
"Koga-san, you do realize that you and I both have class at the moment?" Shippo said. Shippo had long red hair that was tied up in a high ponytail. His outfit consisted of blue jeans, plaid sleeveless shirt and cowboy boots. Apparently the play they were working on had some kind of country theme. His green eyes stared back at Koga's sky colored ones.
"She's here!" is all he had to say.

Moments later while Koga and Shippo were explaining about the warring times of the Feudal Era and major events, the door to the class room door suddenly opened and in walked a tall man with long silver wearing a black suit and a black tie to match. His eyes were a strange amber color and he wore no expression. The look in his eyes was very cold, uncaring, and distant. He carried himself in a manner that was superior to everyone else. He came to a halt in the dead center of the classroom and took a moment to scan the crowed. "My name is Sesshomaru Taisho. I am your Headmaster. I hope you find the education here sufficient. If you don't then you can leave; does anyone here want to leave?" Once again his cold amber eyes scanned the crowd; no one moved. "Good," he continued, "Today we will be going to a museum, where you will see everything that Mr. Yugitoma will be teaching you this nine weeks. Everyone get into pairs of four and line up quickly."
The students quickly partnered up and gathered at the door quietly. Koga, Shippo, and Sesshomaru led the way to the parking lot where one large bus was waiting. As the students piled onto the bus Sesshomaru and Shippo stood on either side of the door watching the students walk on. When the red head and her group finally made it to the front of the line, both men's faces dropped in shock; of course she and her friends were to preoccupied to notice.
"She looks just like her! I can't believe it!" Shippo whispers to Koga who nods in response.
"What's her name?" Sesshomaru asked without taking his eyes off the human girl, or maybe she was half-elfin?
"Momigi Sado." Koga replied.
"Hailey Randol was her original name, but she changed it shortly after turning eighteen and then we all moved here. What else would you like to know? I'm sure Momi-kun would be more than happy to tell you." Turning around, the three men saw a small girl with short brown hair and brown eyes wearing black rectangular glasses.
"This is Suki Ayamura. I thought you were with Momigi?" Koga looked at her questioningly.
"I was, but Aki-chan forgot her purse so I went back to get it." she smiled sweetly.
"Why would she need her purse, we're just going to a museum?" Shippo questioned.
"It's just one of my weird habits. I have to have my purse no matter what; and no it's nothing like a security blanket if that's what you're thinking; that's what Stitch is for!" The two girls burst into a fit of laughter and got back on the bus.
"Yeah, and that was Aki Yatsume and there's also Himeko Sakishima." Koga said to the other two men, who were both at the moment staring at the bus entrance were the two girls had disappear into.
"Well, enough of this dilly dallying; let's be on our way." Sesshomaru motioned for the other two to get on the bus.

"They didn't say anything about a field trip in the itinerary that we got this morning." Momigi commented.
"That's true, but hey, it does make the first day all the more exciting! Plus, we get to go with the Headmaster, who just so happens to be incredibly hot!" Suki squeal silently.
"Well, he kinda is, but I think that our history teacher is the hottest!" Himeko smiled and looked off into the distance.
"I don't know, I really like that other guy, I think Mr. Hitome is the cutest!" Aki smirked as she leaned to the right to glance at the back of the arts teachers head.
"No, Taisho-sensei is defiantly the best looking out of them!" Suki teased.
"No, Mr. Yugitoma!" Himeko looked cross when she said this.
"I think you both have lost it, Mr. Hitome is the winner by far!" Aki crossed her arms and leaned back in her seat with a triumphant grin plastered across her face. Momigi laughed heartily at her sisters and shook her head. "What do you think someone else is better?" asked Aki looking at the oldest girl.
"No, it's just funny to watch ya'all tease each other like that!" she laughed again.
"Well, I wasn't teasing!" Suki pouted.
Momigi turned to the small brunette and patted her on the head. "Oh, I'm sure you weren't." she smiled. Suki pouted for another second before bursting suddenly into a goofy grin.
"Hey look, there's the museum!" Himeko pointed out the window toward a large pink and reddish brown brick building with elaborate columns that decorated the outside like they did at the Parthenon. In big white, Old English writing was: 'The Feudal Japan Museum of History'. From what the girls had heard it was owned by Mr. Taisho and was an inherited by the oldest son, as was the school. Local people said that the Taisho, Yugitoma, and Hitome families have lived here for over five hundred years.
"It looks really cool! I can't wait to explore it!" Suki squealed; clapping her hands happily.
"We'll have to come back." Momigi said blandly looking around at the other college students who were either snoring from the thirty minute drive or poking holes in the back of the seats like middle schoolers.
"Why?" asked Aki and Himeko at the same time.
"Because, we're surrounded by morons and trouble makers." she replied in distaste. Momigi never liked being around people who didn't at least try to be intelligent, but of course, the people on the bus may have been quiet intelligent, but poking holes in the back of a bus seat was not showing it too well.
"Well, we've stopped let's get off and try to get there first so we can make sure we can actually read and concentrate!" Himeko suggested.
"Okay." The girls quickly got up and exited the bus where they found Sesshomaru waiting.
"Hello, Sensei." the girls said respectfully and bowed. Sesshomaru smirked and turned away from them.
"I guess you all are very excited to get started?" he inquired.
"Yeah, of course! History is my favourite subject; has been since the beginning of high school!" Momigi smiled.
"Yeah, you always left the class with nothing lower than a ninety-six. No matter how long the chapter was or how little time you had to learn it you always managed to make a good grade and retain the information. You always had your nose in a history book!" Himeko commented factually.
Momigi laughed nervously and scratched the back of her head, "You're making me sound like a geek!"
"Just because you study vigorously does not make you a geek; it just means you're a hard worker. I like hard workers; this world need more of them." Koga patted Momigi on the back and smiled at her. "Well, you all go with Shippo and I'll get everyone else off the bus. So go on and get started!" He shooed the girls away and marched back to the bus, pulled out an air horn and let it rip! Those who were sleeping would defiantly be awake now! Laughing the girls quickly followed Shippo as he led the way to the museum.

"And this would be the Grand Library! All the books that are behind glass are the original copies, everything else has been rewritten because the original no longer exists. Everything and anything that you need to know about the Feudal Era will be found here in this library. While you all are studying the Feudal Era the library will be open for you. However, you will not be able to rent books from here seeing as they are the only copies in the world! Now if you will come with me into this hallway here you will see..." It's about two hours later and the tour of the Feudal Era Museum is slowly being brought to a close. Momigi and her group trailed behind making sure to get adequate notes and facts. Aki and Momigi, when they were in the grave yard, even went so far as to sit and sketch the tombstones during the ten minute break they were given. As the girls were leaving Momigi suddenly stopped in her tracks and turned toward a door on the far right, that happened to be slightly obscured from view by the drapery. Momigi would have missed it if it hadn't been for the sudden pull on her heart to look over. It was as if someone or something was calling her to this room.
"Taisho-sensei?"
Sesshomaru turned to look at her, "What is it?" he asked coldly, though Momigi had strangely grown use to it very quickly; it was as if she was already immune to it, like she had experienced it before.
"That door over there? If you don't mind me asking, what's behind it?" she asked while gazing at the dark mahogany wood, almost in a trance like state.
Sesshomaru, Shippo, and Koga all secretly smile with triumph and Sesshomaru quickly crossed to the door and pulled out a key. "Why don't I show you?"
Delighted, Momigi rushed forward slightly, only to stop short and look back at the group who had now disappeared around the corner, the guides voice still slightly audible. "What about the rest of the group?"
"I'll show them later," was all he said before unlocking the door and pushing it wide open. Once again intrigued, Momigi rushed forward to find out what exactly was calling her; pulling her to this room.
When she entered the room she gasped slightly to herself, as she found herself standing at the base of very large stone, marble to exact, tree. In the tree was a boy who looked to be about her age, eighteen, sleeping soundly. His left arm and leg dangled lazily off the side of the tree while his right arms was propped up on his right leg. His feet were bare and his hands seemed to be clawed. Atop his head were a pair of dog ears and his long hair swayed almost in a lonely kind of way in a non-existent wind. His clothing were old feudal type clothing called Hakata's, but what really caught Momigi's eyes was his face. It was so peaceful and yet so pained. 'He's handsome that's for sure!' she thought. "So what's his name, I mean the boy in the tree, or doesn't he have one?" she asked; not realizing that her voice was only slightly above a whisper as she stared unblinkingly at the statue before her.
Sesshomaru came up and stood beside her, "His name is Inuyasha."
Sign up to rate and review this story