Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Swallow The Blues

It Wasn't Goodbye Until Lena Said So

by sourcream 3 reviews

Lena says goodbye. Forever this time.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-03-30 - Updated: 2007-03-30 - 391 words

-1TrainWreck
Next week came very quickly. Pete got his Sidekick and dialed Lena's number. "Five...seven...eight...four..." he whispered quietly as the other members snored on the bus. Everyone was asleep except him because Lena kept him awake. The phone began to ring then, a woman's voice spoke.

"Hello?"
"Hello, is Lena there?"
"Who's this?"
"This is Peter Wentz."
"Oh. I'm sorry to say but...Lena---"
There was a long pause, and Pete could hear the woman begin to sob.
She continued.
"Lena passed away last Tuesday."
Pete froze. He felt as if the skin on the bottom of his foot has been chopped off. His skin crawled with Goosebumps and his eyes began to water as his face got warm. A shiny, glossy tear ran down his face.
"Peter, are you still there?" the woman asked.
"Yeah, I'm here. Uh...you don't mind if I asked why, do you?"
"It's okay. She died of Leukemia."
"Leukemia? She never told me that!"
"She preferred to keep it secret. I'm sorry, Peter."
"It's okay. I'm going to go now. Thank you for your time. Goodbye."
"Bye, Peter."

Pete couldn't believe what he heard. Lena meant the world to him even if he had only known her for three days. She was the only one who quite knew him and she was gone.

Pete began to sob loudly, until Patrick woke up. "Pete," Patrick whispered. His hair was messy and swished. "Whats wrong?" Pete sniffed and answered.
"Lena died."
Patrick was shocked.
"She died?"
"Yeah, she died of Leukemia."
"That's pretty harsh, dude."
"Yeah, I think I'll go back to sleep, now, Patrick."
"Okay, sorry dude for the loss..."

Pete simply nodded and more tears ran down his face as he turned around to look out the window.

Patrick turned around and then, he felt a little guilty. Pete was so happy with her, and Patrick kept annoying him. Pete turned around and whispered to Patrick. "It's crazy how someone can be here and the next day, they're gone."
"Yeah," Patrick replied. "It is."

There was a long silence after that brief conversation. Suddenly, lightning struck with a crash to the ground not to far away. It began to pour. It was just what Pete needed: rain.

Pete had a quiet trip; even though Patrick was laying across from him, Pete felt alone.
Sign up to rate and review this story