Categories > Original > Fantasy > Fable

Tory Falls Down The Rabbit Hole (or something like that)

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Once in a lifetime a love comes along that is the kind you would die for. Only a few people are lucky enough to find this love. This is a story about two that did.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-08 - Updated: 2007-04-09 - 1292 words

0Unrated

Once in a lifetime a love comes along that is the kind you would die for. Only a few people are lucky enough to find this love. This is a story about two that did.

Tory sat up suddenly and looked at the clock. She was late again, she quickly got out of bed and ran to get dressed. She got ready in record time and ran out the door. She stopped suddenly at the sight of a strange looking creature sitting on her front porch. "Oh my, oh my!" the creature said in a squeaky voice, "you're late, you're late!" Tory said, "I know I'm late," than realized she was talking to the creature. "I must be losing my mind," she muttered and tried to walk around the creature. The creature bounced into her path, "you're late, you're late!" It squeaked again, louder this time. Tory looked around in a panic, no one was in sight. She didn't know what she would do if it attacked her. "Look," she began trying to calm it down. "I am late for my job, now I have to go or my boss will fire me." The creature opened a tattered bag and blew something into Tory's face. Tory felt herself begin to fall, as she heard to creature squeak again, "very late, very, very late," than the world went black.

When Tory woke up she was lying in a field with very strange looking flowers, she sat up and looked around. "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore," she muttered as she stood up. As far as she could see, there were big blue flowers around her. She began to walk in what she hoped was the right direction, she began to be aware of a strange singing and she hurried her pace towards it. Suddenly she stepped into a clearing and stopped. In front of her was a huge purple waterfall, and on the rocks by the waterfall sat three beautiful women. Tory walked to the edge of the lagoon and yelled, "excuse me, I need help" The three women stopped singing and stared at her, than one of them said in a musical voice. "You are the one, Tory Franks," Tory realized in shock that she was hearing the voice in her head. "I'm the one for what?" She asked, "you are the one to end the curse on Mysteria." Came the answer, "the prophecy has told of you for a hundred years, since the curse was given." Tory took a step backwards, shaking her head. "I think you, have the wrong girl." She said, "I can't even get to work on time, how can I save anyone from a curse?" The second maiden lifted a hand and if by a magic a bow and arrow appeared. "These will help you in your quest," she said, "you must go north and find the white castle. Prince Bernard is asleep inside. Only your kiss can awaken him." A mist began to form, cutting Tory off from the three women. "Be strong" a voice said in her head as Tory started to protest. "Just call for us and we will come." Than Tory felt a light push propel her into the direction of what she assumed was north. Tory walked for what seemed like hours, suddenly she was startled by a scream. A little rabbit ran down the path towards Tory, she watched in anger as three dog like creatures chased it. "Oh this is the last straw," she yelled and smacked the nearest creature with her bow. The other two looked at the weapon in her hand and ran off whimpering in the opposite direction. Tory looked cautiously at the downed creature, than walked over to the tree stump, where the rabbit was hiding. "It's ok little fellow," she cooed,"they won't hurt you now." The rabbit hopped onto the stump and said in a rough voice, "who ya calling little, toots?" He hopped off the stump and started down the path, without a word of thanks. Tory snorted in disgust than continued walking back down the path, in the opposite direction of the rabbit.

Finally she came to the white castle, which she found to her dismay was covered in ivy. She sighed and thought "why am I not surprised?" She looked for a way not covered by ivy and found none. "Well Tory," she said to herself, "you are going to have to climb over it." She found a foothold and hoisted herself up, she scaled the wall higher and higher, until she reached the only window not covered by ivy. She climbed through the window and looked around, she was in a bedroom. But the only piece of furniture was a big bed with a canopy. Tory walked over to the bed and drew back the canopy. Lying in peaceful slumber was the most handsome man she had ever seen. She leaned over and kissed him on the lips, nothing happened, she kissed him harder. All he did was roll over and snort. Tory looked around and found a doorway, she exited the room, into a long hallway. She started looking in each room, and realized in dismay that almost all of them had sleeping people occupying them. She began to kiss each male she came across, until her lips were dry and she still hadn't awakened anyone. She was about to give up in despair when she saw a small door way that she hadn't noticed before. Opening it she found another bed, in which laid a young man. She leaned over and kissed him, and his eyes fluttered open. He looked at her, "who are you?" He asked in a voice hoarse from sleep. "Tory Franks," Tory said, "I've come to ask your awaken you. I need your help saving Mysteria." The man sprang from the bed on surprising agile legs, "I am Conner, at your service My Lady," he said bowing deeply. Tory looked at him in shock, "whoa, wait a minute here." She said holding out her hand, " where is Prince Bernard? That's whose supposed to help me, and who exactly are you anyways?" Conner looked at her sheepishly, "alright I admit it," he said plopping back down on the bed, "I'm not a knight, I'm just a stable hand. Prince Bernard is the one in the biggest chamber." Tory shook her head in confusion, "this can't be right. I'm supposed to kiss Prince Bernard. We are supposed to save Mysteria, those three women did not saying anything about a stable hand. I know what we'll do, we'll go back to the purple waterfall and talk to them." She started towards the door than stopped at the sound of Conner laughing. Tory turned around and stomped back to the bed, "what's so funny?" She demanded, Conner stopped laughing and said " you were a victim of Helga. She is a trickery ghost, does stuff like this all the time." Tory flopped down on the bed next to Conner and put her head in her hands. "What am I going to do now?" She moaned, "I'm stuck in a freak show." She looked up at Conner, "there is no prophecy is there?" Conner laid down on the bed and said, "actually there is one. A maiden fair well come from a land far away. When she comes it'll be a happy day. The curse will be broken, the curse will be gone. Again Mysteria well break into song." He looked at Tory, "I'm guessing you must be a the fair maiden." Tory stood up and started towards the door, she turned and looked at Conner. "Are you coming or not?"She asked, "I'm not going out there alone again."
Sign up to rate and review this story