Categories > Original > Fantasy > Fable

Ulysses and Tiny

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Conner and Tory begin their quest to save Mysteria, with a little help from friends they make along the way.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-04-08 - Updated: 2007-04-09 - 443 words

0Unrated
Tory led the way back down the hall, "I don't suppose there's a way out besides back down the ivy is there?" She asked Conner, he looked at her funny, "how am I supposed to know?" He asked her, "When I fell asleep there was no ivy." Tory frowned and walked back to the first room she had come out of. She opened the door and hurried over to the window. "Well than I guess we have to climb back down." Than she hoisted herself over the window ledge and began to descend, with Conner right behind her. Finally they got to the ground and Tory looked around, "now what do we do?" She muttered, Conner threw up his hands, "I don't know," he said with aspiration. "I've been asleep!" Suddenly as if she had been struck by lightening, Tory knew. "We need to go that way," she said pointing. Conner shook his head, "oh no, I'm not going there." He said backing up, "that's the Forest of The Trolls," Tory looked at him in disgust than grabbed his arm, pulling him with her. "Come on, we need to save Mysteria."

Conner and Tory pushed their way through the dark and tangled maze of trees. Every once in awhile they would hear the rustle of some creature, but other than that it was silent. "It's eerie isn't it?" Tory whispered, "it's like nothing is alive in here." Suddenly a roar shattered the silence, "nothing alive you say?" Conner yelled as he grabbed Tory's arm and began to run. "Hurry up Lady Tory, before you and I are no longer among the living." They ran through the forest, dodging trees as something huge crashed behind them, in pursuit. Conner stopped shortly as the came to a deep ravine."What do we do now?" Tory screamed as the thing pursuing them came closer and closer. Before Conner had time to reply, a huge one eyed giant crashed through the trees and halted before them. He smiled and reached out one enormous hand. Tory squeezed her eyes shut as she waited to be crushed to death. When nothing happened, she cautiously opened one eye, to her surprise the rabbit she had saved sat in the giant's palm. The rabbit hopped out and hopped closely to Tory, "hey toots," he said looking at Conner, "Whose your friend?" Conner stared at the rabbit in disbelief, than said "never mind who I am, who are you?" The rabbit stood up as straight as his short stature would allow him. "I am Ulysses," he said grandly, "and this is my friend Tiny. We've come to help you on your quest."
Sign up to rate and review this story