Categories > Original > Fantasy > Fable

Tory Rallies The Soon To Be Troops

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Tory finds more allies as the battle to break the curse over Mysteria draws closer.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-04-08 - Updated: 2007-04-09 - 539 words

0Unrated
"Are there more that would be willing to help?" Tory asked Ulysses as they walked towards Tiny's cave. Ulysses nodded his head so hard his whole body trembled. "Sure toots, lots of 'em, we've been waiting for this day for a long time toots." They finally reached the cave's entrance, Tiny bowed to Tory, "ladies first." He said in a surprisingly gentle voice. Tory entered the cave, as her eyes adjusted to the dark, she saw a giantess sitting by the fire staring at her. Tiny came in and rushed to the woman hugging her, they talked in a low voice for a couple of minutes. Than the giantess came over to Tory with her hands out. "Welcome, Lady Tory," the giantess said, "I'm glad that you came to save our land in my lifetime." She gestured towards the fire, "please come and sit. My name is Badra." She sat down beside Tory, "Tiny and Ulysses will go out tonight and gather the faithful. There are those who have been waiting for this all their lives."
Conner came and sat down next to Tory, "Badra this is Conner," Tory introduced them. Than they were interrupted by Tiny and Ulysses coming back into the cave. Ulysses hopped over to Conner, "come on piles, we's gots work to do. No time to be holding hands with toots." Conner glared at Ulysses than stood up, "we'll be back soon," he said to Tory, "I don't think you should leave this cave." Than he walked out with Ulysses and Tiny.

Hours later Tiny, Ulysses, and Conner came back to the cave. They had a hundred different kinds of creatures with them. Tory looked in awe as she saw unicorns, elves, fairies, gnomes and lots of others that she didn't recognize. When she stepped out of the cave they all went silent. Ulysses hopped over to Tory and said in a loud voice, "heres she is, this is my toots. The dame that saved me from the wolverns." The crowd erupted into cheers, as Tory blushed, "Hello" she said. One of the elves came forward, "Is it true?" He asked, "are you here to save Mysteria from the curse?" Tory looked around at all the expectant faces than looked at Conner. " Yes I am," the crowd began to cheer again. Than someone began to play music, before long everyone was dancing around and singing. Tory smiled at, shook hands with, or hugged almost everyone. Until she felt like she was going to fall over from exhaustion, finally Conner grabbed her around her waist and took her to a quiet place. "Thanks," she murmured as he gave her a cold drink. Conner smiled slightly and said, "you looked like you needed a rest," he looked out at the celebrating crowd. "It's probably not easy being the only hope for so many people." Tory shook her head, "no it's not," she sighed and leaned forward. "I keep thinking, what if I fail, What than? I've let down all these people." Conner leaned forward and pushed hair out of Tory's face, "you won't fail," he said. "How can you be so sure?" Tory asked, "because I believe in you," Conner whispered, than leaned over and kissed her.
Sign up to rate and review this story